Whats interesting is that Eisenhower's father was from/born in Pennsylvania and his mother was from Virginia, and they both met in Kansas in 1880
this is the point where we start to run into the problem with splitting the country in two that certain individuals may not even be born because their parents might never meet being in two different countries. Not saying this conclusively with Eisenhower specifically, but this problem is only going to get more and more pronounced from here on in

Funny thing is that neither Vardaman nor Martin realize is that in a year or so neither of them are going to be calling the shots so to speak. Pershing/Lenihan/whomever is the "MacArthur in Japan" analog of this timeline will be in charge. Couldn't happen to a better group of scumbags and scoundrels.

Can we get an approximation of where the various fronts are? I'm not asking for a map or anything nearly so detailed, just maybe a list of cities or rivers to help better envision how the spring campaign season will go.
From what I've read of them neither Pershing nor Lenihan have the temperament for occupation authority (the latter moreso than the former - there's a reason Pershing got the AEF job after Funston died IOTL, after all) but not sure who else you'd stick in there, unless Bliss sends his chief deputy March down for whatever reason.
Holy crap Patton (or his dad?) *faints*
Yep.
Whats interesting is that Eisenhower's father was from/born in Pennsylvania and his mother was from Virginia, and they both met in Kansas in 1880

George C Marshall is a Virginian.
Good point, and he'd have earned his stripes in the GAW
this is the point where we start to run into the problem with splitting the country in two that certain individuals may not even be born because their parents might never meet being in two different countries. Not saying this conclusively with Eisenhower specifically, but this problem is only going to get more and more pronounced from here on in
Yeah, this has already been/become an issue - when I was planning out my future Presidents I had Charles Percy penciled in for the 1970s but his mom was Virginia royalty and he was born in Mississippi so, nevertheless...

(This is also why we won't be seeing a Barack Obama appearance at any point ITTL since the conditions for his parents to meet were so freakishly specific as it was IOTL. We'll shift the ratio of real to fictional people closer to 70/30 by the end, I'd think).

From what I've read of them neither Pershing nor Lenihan have the temperament for occupation authority (the latter moreso than the former - there's a reason Pershing got the AEF job after Funston died IOTL, after all) but not sure who else you'd stick in there, unless Bliss sends his chief deputy March down for whatever reason.
Stimson?

If you need a military guy, what about one of the admirals?

Is not!Douglas MacArthur alive in this TL?

Yeah, this has already been/become an issue - when I was planning out my future Presidents I had Charles Percy penciled in for the 1970s but his mom was Virginia royalty and he was born in Mississippi so, nevertheless...

(This is also why we won't be seeing a Barack Obama appearance at any point ITTL since the conditions for his parents to meet were so freakishly specific as it was IOTL. We'll shift the ratio of real to fictional people closer to 70/30 by the end, I'd think).

FWIW, Someone like Harry Truman was born in Missouri. The man himself was an ardent Die-hard American Unionist, but grew up in a family that was entirely pro-southern and proud of their confederate heritage. So there is a good chance that this ATL!Harry Truman was born further South, depending on whether or not the family emigrated after secession.

Just saying. Its possible.

Confederate/Mexican cities under US Control. (as well as the ones between the US border and these mentioned)
This is a list from what I remember rather than comprehensive, could be wrong...

Confederate
1) El Paso
2) Random cities near the Texas/IT border
3)All of Kentucky except for pieces near the Virginia border
4) The Western 2/3 of Tennessee (I think the Confederates still control Knoxville)
5) DC Suburbs (even distant ones) in Virginia. But the fighting is now closer to Richmond than DC
6) A few edge chunks on the Missouri/Arkansas border
In the areas between the fronts (Ozarks and Appalachians) the CSA still controls close to (or even just order) the USA border. Capturing/Destroying Atlanta is more important for the US than freeing Branson, Missouri or Bluefield, West Virginia. (Though I'm sure the men who represent those areas in Congress may have a different opinion)

Mexican
Pieces of Baja/Pieces of Sonora including their capital Hermosillo, and across the border from El Paso (which isn't called Juarez iTTL)

Nothing good, that’s for sure, but hopefully it’s clear how a figure like Huey Long could sweep in on promises to fix the looming debacle

Yeah Tom Martin was pretty run of the mill, all things considered.

Americans v Rednecks is probably going to be quite the trope in media. You could see Confederates get the Russians/Arabs/drug cartels treatment in American film for quite some time.
It is *entirely* within the realm of possibility that the USA may welcome Long's reign as reducing the level of chaos on the border.

Wearing a red neckerchief north of the Ohio is going to be viewed as a whole different level of stupid after 1920. I'm trying to remember if over on the infobox page if Cincinnati baseball is still the Reds.

George C Marshall is a Virginian.

John S. McCain Sr. could work well - especially if he didn't go into the navy in this ATL (and, for his sake, I really hope he DIDN'T go into the Navy considering how many end up in the drink due to Hilton Head). He was always fascinated by the airforce and moved into that in the 1920s anyway, and there's no reason to assume that the Confederate Airforce starts as a subsect of the navy.

Is not!Douglas MacArthur alive in this TL?

Douglas's mother was from Virginia so I'm guessing: No. Though I suspect that Douglas Sr. would certainly marry and have kids so there's more than likelt an alt-brother of OTL Douglas running around. It would be interesting if he becomes more invovled in politics - his grandfather (Arthur MacArthur) acted as Governor of Wisconsin for a few days after all :)

Wait, his name was actually "Arthur MacArthur?" That's a bigger war crime than anything the CSA did in Maryland or Pennsylvania.

Yuuuuuuup! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_MacArthur_Sr.

It would actually be kind of interesting if his second son, Frank, doesn't die at the age of 37 and goes on to have a larger family of his own. Might well end up with a few strands of the MacArthur clan floating around (Or just have the eventual Douglas stand-in being named Arthur III - the name of Douglas' OTL older brother in any case)

Stimson?

If you need a military guy, what about one of the admirals?
Stimson’s probably gonna be heavily involved, though from his position in Philly, rather than on the ground
Confederate/Mexican cities under US Control. (as well as the ones between the US border and these mentioned)
This is a list from what I remember rather than comprehensive, could be wrong...

Confederate
1) El Paso
2) Random cities near the Texas/IT border
3)All of Kentucky except for pieces near the Virginia border
4) The Western 2/3 of Tennessee (I think the Confederates still control Knoxville)
5) DC Suburbs (even distant ones) in Virginia. But the fighting is now closer to Richmond than DC
6) A few edge chunks on the Missouri/Arkansas border
In the areas between the fronts (Ozarks and Appalachians) the CSA still controls close to (or even just order) the USA border. Capturing/Destroying Atlanta is more important for the US than freeing Branson, Missouri or Bluefield, West Virginia. (Though I'm sure the men who represent those areas in Congress may have a different opinion)

Mexican
Pieces of Baja/Pieces of Sonora including their capital Hermosillo, and across the border from El Paso (which isn't called Juarez iTTL)
more or less correct. US has held the Jonesboro AR area for most of the war, too.
It is *entirely* within the realm of possibility that the USA may welcome Long's reign as reducing the level of chaos on the border.

Wearing a red neckerchief north of the Ohio is going to be viewed as a whole different level of stupid after 1920. I'm trying to remember if over on the infobox page if Cincinnati baseball is still the Reds.
Cincy is still the Reds! Probably won’t have red bandannas at those games, though.
Wait, his name was actually "Arthur MacArthur?" That's a bigger war crime than anything the CSA did in Maryland or Pennsylvania.
Poor kid.
Yuuuuuuup! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_MacArthur_Sr.

It would actually be kind of interesting if his second son, Frank, doesn't die at the age of 37 and goes on to have a larger family of his own. Might well end up with a few strands of the MacArthur clan floating around (Or just have the eventual Douglas stand-in being named Arthur III - the name of Douglas' OTL older brother in any case)
Arthur MacArthur Jr. was briefly ITTL the Army Chief of Staff since there wasn’t a War Secretary Taft to screw him over, I believe it was during the first Hearst term

Stimson’s probably gonna be heavily involved, though from his position in Philly, rather than on the ground

more or less correct. US has held the Jonesboro AR area for most of the war, too.

Cincy is still the Reds! Probably won’t have red bandannas at those games, though.

Poor kid.

Arthur MacArthur Jr. was briefly ITTL the Army Chief of Staff since there wasn’t a War Secretary Taft to screw him over, I believe it was during the first Hearst term
How about John McCain Sr? He was born in Mississippi, if he survived the GAW than he or his son could be the one you are looking for.

Sounds like Arthur MacArthur III is probably serving in this war along with any brothers he has. I suspect we'll see more of them soon - I wonder if they'll keep their Wisconsin connections - they actually did in OTL :D

How about John McCain Sr? He was born in Mississippi, if he survived the GAW than he or his son could be the one you are looking for.
McCain Sr joined the navy before going hardcore into the idea of the airforce. If he's in the Confederacy there's a chance he went into the Navy there to which leads to problems, sincehe could have ended up at the bottom of the Atlantic a Hilton Head. But if he went into the army instead .... yeah, he could see McCain as Long's liberator of Kentucky, puting an end to the chaoic and narchistic democracy which has speady radicals throhgout the land and caused so much heart atchto boh the Confederacy and Union!

The other end of the scale, IMO, in terms of having problem with someone's parent's meeting is Amy Carter. Depending on the version of the story, Jimmy and Rosalyn met when Rosalyn was either one or three days old and Jimmy was 3 days old. Of course Jimmy isn't going off to the USNA (unless the International Candidates program exists and the CSA is part of it( https://www.usna.edu/Admissions/Apply/International-Candidates.php )

I'm trying to remember whether it is mentioned in the story for a location (or existance) of the CSMA and a CSNA. (And I wonder what happened to the USNA in this war)

As for the USAFA, the other finalists for the location where Alton, Illinois and Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Not sure if anything in the story is going to cause a different site than Colorado Springs for the USAFA.

The other end of the scale, IMO, in terms of having problem with someone's parent's meeting is Amy Carter. Depending on the version of the story, Jimmy and Rosalyn met when Rosalyn was either one or three days old and Jimmy was 3 days old. Of course Jimmy isn't going off to the USNA (unless the International Candidates program exists and the CSA is part of it( https://www.usna.edu/Admissions/Apply/International-Candidates.php )

I'm trying to remember whether it is mentioned in the story for a location (or existance) of the CSMA and a CSNA. (And I wonder what happened to the USNA in this war)

As for the USAFA, the other finalists for the location where Alton, Illinois and Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Not sure if anything in the story is going to cause a different site than Colorado Springs for the USAFA.
I always figured a CSNA would be in Norfolk or Charleston, as for a CSMA not sure. Maybe in Alabama or something, VMI is a bit too obvious

The concerns around flooding in Alton probably carry once again, so Colorado Springs or Lake Geneva seem good choices. Maybe the latter just to mix things up a bit?