Roma Renovata est: A Roman TL

The Fate of Geiseric's Other Sons

• They are captured by Majorian

Votes: 203 68.8%
  • They escape to the Vandal occupied islands

Votes: 92 31.2%

• Total voters
Oh absolutely, religious division had been a problem for a while in the East, especially when the monophysites. For now, Arcadius needs to buy himself space and time for his rivals whilst he is still a minor, so he is choosing competent soldiers and administration with loyalty to him, and Anastasius is the best option he has right now, at least in regard to administration.

i read this TL up to this point and i enjoyed it especially when majorian crushed ricimers revolt and gave the german rat what he should have gotten in OTL. and i can't wait for the next chapter to see how majorian deals with ballio luccius. i also have a question: is there a chance that either sidonius apolinaris or ecdicius (emperor avitus' son) will make an appearance? it would be interesting to see what sidonius has been doing considering majorian is still alive.
Sorry I haven't commented on your post, i has been a busy time for me. Glad you've enjoyed it so far. Ballio won't be dealt with yet, that journey is only beginning.

As for Sidonius or Avitus' children, it is certainly a possibility. Sidonius will likely make an appearance in the TL. As for the Children of Avitus, I cannot say for sure.

Oh absolutely, religious division had been a problem for a while in the East, especially when the monophysites. For now, Arcadius needs to buy himself space and time for his rivals whilst he is still a minor, so he is choosing competent soldiers and administration with loyalty to him, and Anastasius is the best option he has right now, at least in regard to administration.
The west being around means that Chalcedonian thought is by far the vast majority of citizens, so maybe there's less concern over the Monophosites being a major threat. Therefore, the imperial leadership could be more... pliable in their religious tolerance, given there's less chance for the heresy to overcome orthodoxy (and the other way around for the monophysites)

I loved the latest chapter. One nitpick: why is Lucius spelt with two 'c's?
Don't fully remember. It was probably initially a typo. That said I've stuck with it because A. There are individuals with the double c in their name and B. I like to think of it as a way to tell that while he is now a Roman citizen, he not considered a true Roman.