Return of the terrible flag thread.

What makes the WORST flag?

• Total voters
Speaking of Nebraska...

nebraska.png

You know, it never occurred to me before (probably b/c I never took a really good look at the NE State Seal before :p), but some of the imagery wouldn't be out-of-place at all on the seals/arms of various People's Republics set up after WWII... after all, they liked hammers... mottoes... clusters of agricultural products... symbols of "progress" like hydroelectric plants and smoke-belching factories :) (I suppose the train passing in the backgound can serve for the latter...)

Not a valid reason to be a terrible flag though.
It's hard to take this thread seriously if your criteria for terrible includes similar to other flags and based on the banner of arms.
Well... I see his point though. The thing that made the flags of the various SSR's pretty much uniformly terrible was their seeming arbitrariness ("we'll stick a stripe or two of a different colour on there somewhere"), uniformity and blandness... only one I can think of with something "culturally unique" was the Byelorussian one...

Just how many US state flags are there anyway, that consist of the state seal (again, mostly terrible, but that's for another thread :p), superimposed on a blue field? Seems like the go-to design out of lack of inspiration...
I like Maryland's flag :)
See above :p

Well... I see his point though. The thing that made the flags of the various SSR's pretty much uniformly terrible was their seeming arbitrariness ("we'll stick a stripe or two of a different colour on there somewhere"), uniformity and blandness... only one I can think of with something "culturally unique" was the Byelorussian one...
Bland isn't the same thing as terrible though.

Flag_of_Laos_(1893–1952).svg.png

French protectorate of Lao, I don't know why France has its flag poorly cropped in the back, like some sort of cursed jpeg Image, They did the same with Morocco, and Indochina.
(Edit; I think its so the red in the French flag doesn't blend in with red in the background)

French protectorate of Lao, I don't know why France has its flag poorly cropped in the back, like some sort of cursed jpeg Image, They did the same with Morocco, and Indochina.
(Edit; I think its so the red in the French flag doesn't blend in with red in the background)
Probably.

The thing that's really bothering me is that I think the red in the French flag and the red in the rest of the flag are just slightly different.

wqopuqxhm0udl5qkgwbm.jpg

Flag of the commonwealth, of Kentucky why must the corn act like olive leaf's, and if you look closely the corn has faces?
And worst of all...
ANOTHER DAMNED BLUE BACKROUND

View attachment 712156
Flag of the commonwealth, of Kentucky why must the corn act like olive leaf's, and if you look closely the corn has faces?
And worst of all...
ANOTHER DAMNED BLUE BACKROUND
I think that's actually supposed to be tobacco, not corn :)
Interesting that the seal suggests a certain political divide existed between "town" and "country" back in ye olden days as well... 200 damn years and things haven't changed that much :p