Return of Horrible Educational Maps

i actually made a map kind of like this once. i tried to find the final version but i guess i never uploaded it to the Map Thread so here's the WIP instead:

That kind of map would be problematic on this type of protection anyway. The N/S lines aren't straight up/down, so you either get jagged lines of longitude out you have to skew your degree choices.

Wtf General Knowledge, what is this map?

View attachment 525475

What's even more depressing is the fact that such maps tend to get reused, apart from different colors and not having that double line between Serbia and Macedonia this is exactly the same map:

badgerman90t3.jpg

How do you upload photos? No matter what I do and how much I cut out it says the image is too large. I even photographed complete darkness and tried to upload that as a test and it was still too large.

How do you upload photos? No matter what I do and how much I cut out it says the image is too large. I even photographed complete darkness and tried to upload that as a test and it was still too large.
The maximum file size for an upload is 500kB, I think. Try resizing the photo until it's below that limit. If that makes it too pixellated or otherwise not usable, then you'll need to upload it to a file-hosting site* and put the link here.
* There are lots out there - I've used imgbb.com and postimage.org in the past - other members use other sites.

The maximum file size for an upload is 500kB, I think. Try resizing the photo until it's below that limit. If that makes it too pixellated or otherwise not usable, then you'll need to upload it to a file-hosting site* and put the link here.
* There are lots out there - I've used imgbb.com and postimage.org in the past - other members use other sites.

500MB, not kB.

As mentioned, there are places to host it. DeviantArt, imgur, etc.

Well, I got a little trick. I got a very old image viewing program (once installed under Windows 98 to give you an impression of how old it is) I copy&pasted the program files from drive to drive and for unknown reasons reasons it keeps working (to a fashion, occasionally it does crash but by and large it does what I want)
And when I now open an image I saved from the internet with it and choose the option save as jpeg it does so of course, even if the image is already a jpeg (though I do rename it a bit just to be safe) and often enough the newly created jpeg has a much smaller file size (up to 80% smaller) without losing much (or any) detail. I have to admit that occasionally there is a notable loss in detail or the filesize didn't get much reduction, but for most images it does work satisfactorily, bringing down the file size to levels which can be attached here.

So maybe see if you can get an old image viewer this might do the trick.

Image kinda related to topic

badmath2.jpg

Well, I got a little trick. I got a very old image viewing program (once installed under Windows 98 to give you an impression of how old it is) I copy&pasted the program files from drive to drive and for unknown reasons reasons it keeps working (to a fashion, occasionally it does crash but by and large it does what I want)
And when I now open an image I saved from the internet with it and choose the option save as jpeg it does so of course, even if the image is already a jpeg (though I do rename it a bit just to be safe) and often enough the newly created jpeg has a much smaller file size (up to 80% smaller) without losing much (or any) detail. I have to admit that occasionally there is a notable loss in detail or the filesize didn't get much reduction, but for most images it does work satisfactorily, bringing down the file size to levels which can be attached here.

View attachment 526025

Including to the land of ISOT, apparently.

Missing is Mongolia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Nepal (and neighbor?) Austria, and I *think* Serbia. There is a light blue color like Niger in addition to the totally gone countries.

Missing is Mongolia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Nepal (and neighbor?) Austria, and I *think* Serbia. There is a light blue color like Niger in addition to the totally gone countries.

That's North Macedonia rather than Serbia. Though it looks like European Turkey has also gone, as well as Hainan, Panama, Qatar, the Solomon Islands and Kuwait.

Some countries have been absorbed by others.

Also Indonesia has absorbed Malaysia, but it has lost the east to Papua New Guinea.

Crazy Boris

Banned

View attachment 526025

Math WILL take you places!

So long as that place isn't Mongolia, Nepal, Austria, Saudi Arabia, Macedonia, or Iraq

Math WILL take you places!

So long as that place isn't Mongolia, Nepal, Austria, Saudi Arabia, Macedonia, or Iraq

Or Azerbaijan, but I guess filling up the Caspian next to it kinda compensates. And of course the Kaliningrad enclave has gone missing as well (or rather as usual given the number of maps which forget it)

And one has to say, since the slogan merely says takes you places and not takes you to all places the map is from a mathematic-logical standpoint not even wrong.

Next map possibly unrelated.

badbook.jpg

Or Azerbaijan, but I guess filling up the Caspian next to it kinda compensates. And of course the Kaliningrad enclave has gone missing as well (or rather as usual given the number of maps which forget it)

And one has to say, since the slogan merely says takes you to places and not takes you to all places the map is from a mathematic-logical standpoint not even wrong.

Next map possibly unrelated.

View attachment 526040

Ah yes, Lake Nakhchivan.

Pakistan looks like it needs a diet.

Lebanon has gone "I'm out, peace".

The poor, poor Aral Sea has completely dried up.

Also, I didn't realise that Ethiopia had re-annexed Eritrea. Or that Jordan had annexed the West Bank, and Egypt annexed Gaza.

Someone decided to un-crazy the Central Asian borders, at least.

Someone decided to un-crazy the Central Asian borders, at least.

Hey! As a resident of the Holy Roman Empire (or technically the successor of the successor of the successor) I am very proud of what Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan did there:

makingthehreproud3.jpg

Come to think of it, since the title of Holy Roman Emperor currently is vacant, couldn't they claim it then?

(although technically it is wrong to post this map here, since for a change this is actually a correct map)

Hey! As a resident of the Holy Roman Empire (or technically the successor of the successor of the successor) I am very proud of what Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan did there:

View attachment 526044

Come to think of it, since the title of Holy Roman Emperor currently is vacant, couldn't they claim it then?

(although technically it is wrong to post this map here, since for a change this is actually a correct map)
I mean,

It's horrible.

I've never seen the border up close before so it's debatably educational.

And it is, indeed, a map.