Restarted With A Mouse: A Pop Culture Timeline

Light Goes Out
Rainbow Rebels - Carnival of Light
Carnival of Light Cover.jpg

Self-Distributed on October 23, 2006
[1]

(*means the songs would be released as singles)
1. Visit the Carnival of Light*
2. Floodgates
3. Feels Like A Wish*
4. Vivid Victory
5. Arcadia
6. Multicolored Maze
7. Not the One to Rescue
8. Paradise of Sin*
9. Tender Heart, Torn Apart
10. Burnout
11. Lost Aura
12. Find You to Fix Me
[2]

Carnival of Light is the debut studio album by the dance-punk band Rainbow Rebels. It is a concept album following the perspective of the character known as Kid visiting the mysterious Carnival of Light the day before his 18th birthday, ending up in a relationship with a girl named Marie. The two decide to explore the carnival before getting lost in a maze that result in them staying inside after their families have left. While Marie wants to leave and go back to the outside, Kid is desperate to stay in the carnival as he is having the best time of his life. This leads to them drifting apart as Kid slowly starts to become more and more sad with her gone, the album ends with him leaving the carnival to try and find her.

Lead singer Travis Russell originally started out as an animator, eventually getting a job at Crazy Titan where he would meet his girlfriend Nia. Towards the end of the production of Cars, Travis would pitch a new movie to the studio about a teenage boy scared of the responsibilities of adulthood trying to find a way to avoid growing up. The pitch was sadly rejected and Travis would quit CTE soon after. Trying to find ways to bring the story, Travis would end up teaming with some of his musical friends and decided to turn it into a concept album.

The album would be released on MySpace in 2006 with it quickly generating a lot of buzz. The album would spawn tons of hits and remands as one of the greatest dance-punk albums of the 2000's.

NEWS REPORTS FOR FALL 2006

Are we heading for a Gold Wave in '08? Recent polls say yes
- CNN

The Team To Be Beaten: Chargers get first overall pick after latest loss to the Chiefs
- San Diego Union Tribune

Jeff Hardy found dead of drug overdose; WWE Superstar was only 29
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Redistributed by Sony Music Entertainment and Domino Recording Company in 2007
2. Later releases of Carnival of Light include 3 bonus tracks. Eye Candy, Freakshow and We Run. According to Travis in an interview, the songs were originally planned for the main album but were cut due to the songs dragging down the pacing.

Last edited:
Rainbow Rebels - Carnival of Light
View attachment 877815
Self-Distributed on October 23, 2006
[1]

(*means the songs would be released as singles)
1. Visit the Carnival of Light*
2. Floodgates
3. Feels Like A Wish*
4. Vivid Victory
5. Arcadia
6. Multicolored Maze
7. Not the One to Rescue
8. Paradise of Sin*
9. Tender Heart, Torn Apart
10. Burnout
11. Lost Aura
12. Find You to Fix Me
[2]

Carnival of Light is the debut studio album by the dance-punk band Rainbow Rebels. It is a concept album following the perspective of the character known as Kid visiting the mysterious Carnival of Light the day before his 18th birthday, ending up in a relationship with a girl named Marie. The two decide to explore the carnival before getting lost in a maze that result in them staying inside after their families have left. While Marie wants to leave and go back to the outside, Kid is desperate to stay in the carnival as he is having the best time of his life. This leads to them drifting apart as Kid slowly starts to become more and more sad with her gone, the album ends with him leaving the carnival to try and find her.

Lead singer Travis Russell originally started out as an animator, eventually getting a job at Crazy Titan where he would meet his girlfriend Nia. Towards the end of the production of Cars, Travis would pitch a new movie to the studio about a teenage boy scared of the responsibilities of adulthood trying to find a way to avoid growing up. The pitch was sadly rejected and Travis would quit CTE soon after. Trying to find ways to bring the story, Travis would end up teaming with some of his musical friends and decided to turn it into a concept album.

The album would be released on MySpace in 2006 with it quickly generating a lot of buzz. The album would spawn tons of hits and remands as one of the greatest dance-punk albums of the 2000's.

NEWS REPORTS FOR FALL 2006

Are we heading for a Gold Wave in '08? Recent polls say yes
- CNN

The Team To Be Beaten: Chargers get first overall pick after latest loss to the Chiefs
- San Diego Union Tribune

Jeff Hardy found dead of drug overdose; WWE Superstar was only 29
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Redistributed by Domino Recording Company in 2007
2. Later releases of Carnival of Light include 3 bonus tracks. Eye Candy, Freakshow and We Run. According to Travis in an interview, the songs were originally planned for the main album but were cut due to the song dragging down the pacing.
Jeff Hardy is dead!? Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Enter The Shadow Realm
In the Shadows (dir. Conrad Vernon)
hr_Me_and_My_Shadow_1-443x574.jpg

Distributed by Universal Pictures on February 9, 2007

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Brendan Fraser, Kate Winslet, Tim Curry

In 2003, Universal seemed almost ready to completely ditch the hand drawn department of it's animation division. Financial disappointments like El Dorado had lead to them focusing more CGI and the failure of Sinbad looked to be the end of the road for them. That year however would see the release of another pirate movie, that basically gave the department a new lease on life.

Treasure Planet would become smash hit at the box office and showed people the potential of what later became known as dual-animation hybrids. Curious about the long term future of the idea, Universal decided to give one last chance for 2D animation. The result would be about a lightbulb factory worker discovering a shadow world and stopping a evil rebellion.

The film would go on to be a big hit and lead to UAS keeping it's 2D animation department alive.

NEWS REPORTS FOR SPRING 2007

Trade Details
Packers receive: WR Randy Moss, 6th round pick
Raiders receive: QB Aaron Rodgers, 4th & 6th round picks
- NFL.com [1]

TriStar, New Line Cinema and more looking to power up with Nintendo film rights
- Ain't It Cool News
1. This trade almost happened in real life

American Dog Fighting
American Dog (dir. Chris Sanders)
329px-Henry_fleeing.jpg

Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures on June 29, 2007

Cast: John Travolta, Thomas Haden Church, Mario Catone, Miley Cyrus

Storyline: Henry is a beloved canine actor who finds himself stranded in the middle nowhere on route to a show he's preforming in. Henry quest to get to show leads to him teaming up with a one-eyed cat and a radioactive rabbit, as he realizes how different the real world is to life on the set. While all this happening, a beauty pageant winner tries to keep Henry from making show in order to take his place.

American Dog was a movie that Disney had a lot of hope in, going as far as deciding to release it against Henson Animation's Ratatouille. This would end up not ending well, with Ratatouille easily defeating the film at the box office. American Dog is often forgotten and under-appreciated by many Disney fans nowadays, however has developed somewhat of a cult fanbase in the years since it's initial release.

NEWS REPORTS FOR SUMMER 2007

Chargers sign first overall pick Jamarcus Russell to 70 million dollar deal in wake the Michael Vick dog fighting scandal
- CBS Sportsline

Sega unveils Pluto handheld for a spring 08 release
- Electronic Gaming Monthly

Sighting issues with the economy, Donald Trump announces presidential bid for the reform party
- CNN

List of Billboard #1 songs of 2007

927: Here (In Your Arms) - Hellogoodbye (February 10 - February 17, 2007)
928: Say It Right - Nelly Furtado (February 24 - March 17, 2007)
929: Don't Matter - Akon (March 24 - April 14, 2007)
930: Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne (April 21 - May 5, 2007)
931: I Still Remember - Bloc Party (May 12 - June 2, 2007)
932: Umbrella - Rihanna ft. Jay-Z (June 9 - July 21, 2007)
933: What I've Done - Linkin Park (July 28 - August 4, 2007)
934: Beautiful Girls - Sean Kingston (August 11 - August 18; September 1, 2007)
935: The Pretender - Nirvana (August 25; October 6 - October 13, 2007)
936: Stronger - Kanye West (September 8 - September 29, 2007)
937: Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell 'Em (October 20 - November 3, 2007)
938: Fluorescent Adolescent - Artic Monkeys (November 10 - November 24, 2007)
939: Paralyzer - Finger Eleven (December 1 - December 29, 2007)

I don't know what to put here, so here's the other films of @))&

Meet The Robinsons
780w-463h_disney-families-meet-the-robinsons.jpg

Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures on January 26, 2007

- This is a dual animation hybrid in this timeline, with the characters being 2D and the environment being 3D

Hannibal Rising
hannibalrising_pic8.jpg

Distributed by Crazy Titan Entertainment on February 9, 2007

TMNT
tmnt66.jpg

Distributed by Touchstone Pictures on March 23, 2007

Thor (dir. Mark Steven Johnson)
Thor H.png

Distributed by Sony Pictures on May 4, 2007

Cast: Paul Levesque, Cate Blanchett, Sean Bean, Timothy Olyphant

- Fun Fact: Triple H was actually considered to play Thor before Chris Hemsworth was cast IOTL

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
POTC AWE.png

Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures on May 25, 2007

Ratatouille
Ratatouille.jpg

Distributed by Touchstone Pictures on June 29, 2007

The Simpsons Movie
TSM.png

Distributed by 20th Century Fox on July 27, 2007

- Lisa and Colin's romantic subplot is removed
- Hank Scorpio is the villain ITTL's version of the film

Stardust
Stardust.jpg

Distributed by Paramount Pictures on August 10, 2007

- The character of Humphry is played by Trey Disney ITTL. It is the first non-Disney movie that Trey has stared in.

Crood Awakening (dir. Nick Park)
Art+of+the+Croods+A1+-+26.jpg

Distributed by Paramount Pictures (Famous Studios) on November 30, 2007

Cast: Jim Broadbent, Miriam Margoyles, Timothy Spall, Martin Freeman

MOVIES THAT DON'T EXIST ITTL

Shrek the Third
: Isn't released in 2007 due to script issues and the production of Shadows and Bee Movie taking taking people away from the project. A third Shrek movie is planned for release sometime around 2010.
Ghost Rider & Spider-Man 3: A Ghost Rider film was pitched to be the third MCU movie, but was scrapped in favor of Thor. Audiences can expect to see the grand return of Peter Parker in Spider-Man 2, set to be release in 2008.

Last edited:
NEWS REPORTS FOR FALL 2007

Writers Guild goes on strike
- The New York Times

New Line wins Nintendo war
- Electronic Gaming Monthly

Chargers Season Recap: UFA McVay shines while Russell struggles [1]
- ESPN

Hellboy director Guillermo del Toro reportedly the front runner for Universal's Frankenstein remake [2]
- The Hollywood Reporter

Captain America set to hit theaters in 2010
- Wizard
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Sean McVay was actually a wide receiver before becoming a coach, he was even consider a better high school player than Calvin Johnson at one point
2. Almost happened in our timeline

RWAM is going on break soon. The first post for Bolieve should be out either this Sunday or on the 14th.

I have some good news, the next major update for Restarted With A Mouse will be coming this weekend. Here's a 2007 Billboard Year-End list to celebrate. (This is something I'm thinking about doing with the list of #1's that will give a wider perspective of what music is popular in the RWAM universe)

1. Umbrella - Rihanna ft. Jay-Z
2. Irreplaceable - Beyoncé
3. Stronger - Kanye West
4. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
5. Golden Skans - Klaxons
6. The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stafani ft. Akon
7. Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
8. Buy U A Drank - T-Pain ft. Yung Joc
9. Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
10. What I've Done - Linkin Park
11. Don't Matter - Akon
12. Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie
13. I Still Remember - Bloc Party
14. Party Like A Rockstar - Shop Boyz
15. Smack That - Akon ft. Eminem
16. Glamorous - Fergie ft. Ludacris
17. The Pretender - Nirvana
18. Crank That - Soulja Boy
19. I Wanna Love You - Akon ft. Snoop Dogg
20. This Is Why I'm Hot - Mims
21. Give It To Me - Timbaland ft. Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake
22. Beautiful Girls - Sean Kingston
23. Bartender - T-Pain ft. Akon
24. Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5
25. The Way I Are - Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson
26. How To Save A Life - The Fray
27. My Love - Justin Timberlake ft. T.I
28. We Fly High - Jim Jones
29. Runaway Love - Ludacris ft. Mary J. Blige
30. You - Lloyd ft. Lil Wayne
31. U + Ur Hand - P!nk
32. Wait For You - Elliot Yamin
33. Fergalicous - Fergie ft. will.i.am
34. Last Night - Diddy ft. Keyshia Cole
35. Make It Rain - Fat Joe ft. Lil Wayne
36. LDN - Lily Allen
37. Make Me Better - Fabolous ft. Ne-Yo
38. Ice Box - Omarion
39. Fluorescent Adolescent - Artic Monkeys
40. Waiting on the World to Change - John Mayer
41. Paralyzed - Finger Eleven
42. Lost Without U - Robin Thicke
43. S.O.S - Jonas Brothers
44. Shadow Play - The Killers
45. Get It Shawty - Lloyd
46. Paradise of Sin - Rainbow Rebels
47. Shortie Like Mine - Bow Wow ft. Chris Brown and Johnta Austin
48. Cupid's Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes ft. Patrick Stump
49. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
50. All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem
51. Ay Bay Bay - Hurricane Chris
52. Survivalism - Nine Inch Nails
53. Because of You - Ne-Yo
54. I Tried - Bone Thugs-n-Harmony ft. Akon
55. This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race - Fall Out Boy
56. Shawty - Plies ft. T-Pain
57. Beautiful Liar - Beyoncé and Shakira
58. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake ft. Timbaland
59. Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne
60. Let It Go - Keyshia Cole ft. Missy Elliot and Lil Kim
61. Apologize - OneRepublic
62. Brianstorm - Artic Monkeys
63. Bubbly - Colbie Caillat
64. Like A Boy - Ciara
65. Who Knew - P!nk
66. Never Again - Kelly Clarkson
67. Promise - Ciara
68. Bed - J. Holiday
69. Throw Some D's - Rich Boy ft. Polow Da Don
70. Rehab - Amy Winehouse
71. Here - Hellogoodbye
72. No One - Alicia Keys
73. Dashboard - Modest Mouse
74. Walk It Out - Unk
75. Cyclone - Baby Bash ft. T-Pain
76. Break It Off - Rihanna ft. Sean Paul
77. Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's
78. First Time - Lifehouse
79. Ayo Technology - 50 Cent ft. Justin Timberlake and Timbaland
80. Teardrops on My Guitar - Taylor Swift
81. Shut Up and Drive - Rihanna
82. Snow - Red Hot Chili Peppers
83. Money Maker - Ludacris ft. Pharrell
84. Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown ft. T-Pain
85. Rockstar - Nickelback
86. The Prayer - Bloc Party
87. It Ends Tonight - The All American Rejects
88. Rock Yo Hips - Crime Mob ft. Lil Scrappy
89. LoveStoned - Justin Timberlake
90. Visit the Carnival of Light - Rainbow Rebels
91. Shadow of the Day - Linkin Park
92. Thnks fr th Mmrs - Fall Out Boy
93. Hip Hop Police - Chamillionaire ft. Slick Rick
94. Smile - Lily Allen
95. Far Away - Nickelback
96. Someone to Love - Fountains of Wayne
97. Love is Gone - Chris Willis
98. Fake It - Seether
99. Year 3000 - Jonas Brothers
100. Over My Head - The Fray

Horse Horse Horse Horse
Disney's The Four Horsemen (dir. Nick Baxter & Ryan O'Reilly)
4 Horsemen.png

Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures on April 11, 2008

Cast: Wayne Allwine, Bill Farmer, Tony Anselmo, Frank Welker

Storyline: While exploring an abandoned magic shop, Mickey ends up re-awaking a group of dark enemies known as the Four Horsemen (Mors, Somli, Ares and Vidia). They wreak havoc over Toontown and begin colliding several different planets with their world in an attempt to end the universe. It's now up Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Oswald to stop the Four Horsemen before it's too late.

"The whole idea of having characters from all of the movies in the Disney cannon at the time was something that we considered doing as far back as Roger Rabbit. Script issues and general technical difficulties prevent us at the studio from making it happen sooner. With this being the 50th film in the Disney cannon, we knew we'd have to make something big to truly encapsulate the amount of effort and love we put into every film made so far and every film we'll make in the future" - Ryan O'Reilly in a 2008 interview.

The Four Horsemen
remains as a childhood favorite for many Disney fans and would become a major hit financially.

NEWS REPORTS FOR SPRING 2008

19-0, Colts go undefeated on route to Super Bowl victory
- ESPN

Writers Strike ends
- The New York Times

Last edited: