Religious map

Papua New Guinea is finished, too
Unfortunately, the only source I could find does not include which denomination of Protestantism an area has. If you have a better source, let me know.
View attachment 351234

Really are all the inland people Christian? If so, congratulations to the missionaries, they did a great job..
Also I am actually quite surprised that the former German part is fully Catholic, despite Bismarck s kulturkampf against the Catholics

ST15RM

Banned
Really are all the inland people Christian? If so, congratulations to the missionaries, they did a great job..
Also I am actually quite surprised that the former German part is fully Catholic, despite Bismarck s kulturkampf against the Catholics
Yeah, 96% of PNG is Christian. So, I guess they did.

Isaac Beach

Banned
Are there any reservations in Australia? Is it known what religion they are?
Anyhow, brilliant work

Not in the same way that there are reservations in the US or Canada; they don't get any tax benefits, for instance. For most intents and purposes they're just plots of lands that different Aboriginal organisations and communities own as private property on an indefinite lease, and so they're still subject to state and federal law. On the upside, this does mean that some Aboriginal communities get some big payouts from mining companies and the like that want to mine on their land, but there's not usually anything administratively special about these territories.
Most Aboriginals are either Christians (73%) or irreligious (24%), with only 1% (about 6500 people) practicing traditional Aboriginal religions.

Not in the same way that there are reservations in the US or Canada; they don't get any tax benefits, for instance. For most intents and purposes they're just plots of lands that different Aboriginal organisations and communities own as private property on an indefinite lease, and so they're still subject to state and federal law. On the upside, this does mean that some Aboriginal communities get some big payouts from mining companies and the like that want to mine on their land, but there's not usually anything administratively special about these territories.
Most Aboriginals are either Christians (73%) or irreligious (24%), with only 1% (about 6500 people) practicing traditional Aboriginal religions.
As I get to my notebook I will add yous Australia to the general map..

ST15RM

Banned
Here's Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Phillipines
indo.png

Last edited:
Mongolia:
upload_2017-10-30_11-36-38.png
Blue-gray areas are predominantly Tengri. Most Buddhist areas have considerable Tengri minorities as well, and I couldnt localize the large irreligious populace