Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

My take at 1910:

qc3l971ri1ba1.png

Some explanations:
- Base color is used only on uninhabited regions (the Arctic regions, and el-Djouf)
- Some tribal areas are estimated, and I cannon guarantee 100% accuracy, such as in the Australian interior, the Chaco region, and Western Sahara
- Speaking of that region: Morocco didn't have an established border at the Sahara, and by 1910 most of its interior was ruled by tribes technically under the Sultan's control, but they were de facto independent. Also, some independent tribes existed in the area escaping French, Spanish and Moroccan alliegance.
- In the Case of New Guinea, I chose to represent all the people under the same "Papuan Peoples", as it is relly chaotic and difficult to even know which and where tribes were there.
As always, questions and constructive criticism are welcomed!
What are the states in and around Morocco, Eastern South Sudan, and Portuguese Guinea?

What are the states in and around Morocco, Eastern South Sudan, and Portuguese Guinea?
Morocco: they are not state entities, rather they're either tribes with de facto authority but de jure under the Moroccan Sultan (the ones with the Moroccan-red around them), or just independent saharan semi-nomadic tribes (the Regibat, the Tekna Confederation, Ait Atta...)
Sudan: tribes still not subjugated by the British (the Zande, Dinka, Anuak, Murle and Nuer)
Guinea: two peoples not yet conquered by Portugal (Mandingo and Fula peoples)

My take at 1910:

qc3l971ri1ba1.png

Some explanations:
- Base color is used only on uninhabited regions (the Arctic regions, and el-Djouf)
- Some tribal areas are estimated, and I cannon guarantee 100% accuracy, such as in the Australian interior, the Chaco region, and Western Sahara
- Speaking of that region: Morocco didn't have an established border at the Sahara, and by 1910 most of its interior was ruled by tribes technically under the Sultan's control, but they were de facto independent. Also, some independent tribes existed in the area escaping French, Spanish and Moroccan alliegance.
- In the Case of New Guinea, I chose to represent all the people under the same "Papuan Peoples", as it is relly chaotic and difficult to even know which and where tribes were there.
As always, questions and constructive criticism are welcomed!
Can you post it again?

Beginning work on an 1848 qbam to show the revolutions, here is the Kingdom of Two Sicilies and the Sicilian Rebellion with first and second level subdivisions
Screenshot_20230114-155445.png

Despite the effort I've put into it, I've never been able to find one; what's your source for Bhutan's provinces?
Well, I found the Wikipedia article (with some credible sources) explaining it had 9 “provinces”, before the 1910s when the territorial divisions started to improve and change.
Nice map. Shouldn't Cuba be shown as a US protectorate at this point in time?
Yeah, I updated the map to include that and also the US influence over Dominican Republic, which I also forgot.