Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Isaac Beach

Banned
Hey y'all, just wondering if anyone maybe had a Qbam for Texas' borders immediately after acceding to the Union, y'know, before they lost their western territories and the panhandle?

Crazy Boris

Banned
Africa and Europe.png

How does the 1942 map look so far for Africa and Europe (mostly focused on the countries that already have provinces and that need the international borders)

View attachment 421593
How does the 1942 map look so far for Africa and Europe (mostly focused on the countries that already have provinces and that need the international borders)
Picardy was annexed to the German occupation zone, not Belgium itself.

Luxembourg was formally annexed to Germany, unlike Belgium and the Netherlands.

Wasn't there a rub-al-khali dispute between Oman and Saudi Arabia?

Regarding Picardy, I'm not sure whether it is or not, though generally I regard it as a part of it from what I've seen on the maps. The only problem is that it says "administrated by" rather than "annexed by".

First off, it's Artois and Pas-de-Calais, Picardy is to the southeast. While it was technically Belgian, I think it was given to them later on, around 1943 or 44. And in any case, what's the problem? The status of the territory doesn't really change wether it's administered by occupied Belgium or occupied France.

First off, it's Artois and Pas-de-Calais, Picardy is to the southeast. While it was technically Belgian, I think it was given to them later on, around 1943 or 44. And in any case, what's the problem? The status of the territory doesn't really change wether it's administered by occupied Belgium or occupied France.
It's more of the color of the border, or in other words, whether I designate it as part of another country or within the same country.

Regarding Picardy, I'm not sure whether it is or not, though generally I regard it as a part of it from what I've seen on the maps. The only problem is that it says "administrated by" rather than "annexed by".

It's more of the color of the border, or in other words, whether I designate it as part of another country or within the same country.

It was not a part of Belgium and should not be shown as such. It was simply an arrangement of German military organization in the areas. If it is going to be shown it should be shown as a zonal boundary with the international boundary intact, because that is what it was: a zone in France administered by the German military governor in Belgium. Likewise, if it is going to be shown, then for consistency sake the other zonal boundaries in France should be shown as well (and shown as distinct from international boundaries, because they weren't international boundaries).

After the Second World War, the Soviets had organized their military forces in occupied Romania and Bulgaria as the Southern Group of forces and also organized their military forces occupied Austria and in occupied Hungary under one formation called the Central Group of Forces. However we do not show Romania and Bulgaria as one country in 1945, nor do we show the Soviet zone in Austria and Soviet occupied Hungary as being the same country. To further complicate matters, the Soviet military governor in Austria (Fyodor Tolbukhin) was also the chairman of the Allied Control Commission (and effectively military governor) in Bulgaria from April to July 1945, but again we do not show occupied Austria and occupied Bulgaria as being one.

Last edited: