Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

"Quite a few pre-1948 Zionist proposals, and a few British ones too, have a Jewish state that stretches all the way up to the Litani river in South Lebanon. These maps are also from Flapan’s The Birth of Israel."
Fascinating maps, although the first’s a poor example of plans to divide Lebanon given that greater Lebanon’s extent (and thus if it would include the Litani) was very much in flux in 1919.

Karel Kramář's "Slavic Empire" plan
karel-kramar-1914-1918-jan-soukenka-93045745.jpeg

I wonder if you have the hosted URL blocked by a VPN or adblocker. You’re seeing the tail end of the text string, but you’re not seeing the beginning. Do you block all addresses from the CZ TLD? The beginning of the URL is like this:

cdn (dot) aukro (dot) cz/images/sk1613063827993/730x548/
I deactivated the adblocker and it still won't show
whatever, since it seems it's just me who has that issue, feel free to ignore it lol

Also, tbh dobruja/Romanian coast would have been a much more natural method to achieve connection rather than the Czechoslovak Corridor.
I believe it was originally an idea dreamed up by pan slavists who wanted to unify Yougoslavia and Cezchoslovakia so it made more sense in that context. But I agree that in this union the Dobruja connection would make more sense.

I believe it was originally an idea dreamed up by pan slavists who wanted to unify Yougoslavia and Cezchoslovakia so it made more sense in that context. But I agree that in this union the Dobruja connection would make more sense.

Oh yeah, the corridor makes sense (at least as much as it can make sense) in context of Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.

But in the context of a full Panslavia Dobruja just seems more sensible (especially because it was at least Bulgarian at some points iirc unlike the pretty much wholly artificial corridor).