Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Continuing my sort-of-trend of showing massively inflated nationalist goals, here's a good one.

Akhand Bharat is an Indian expansionist idea that began during the struggle for Indian independence and continues to the present day. The most limited versions simply aim for India to control Pakistan and Bangladesh, as shown below.

Akhand_Bharat.png

Of course, this is just the smallest version of Akhand Bharat. Some iterations are more... umm... ambitious.

main-qimg-1f52a9653b27197640020fa78a542c46

Yes, that's all of ASEAN, all of the Indian subcontinent, Tibet, Yunnan, Taiwan, PNG, and I think there's some of Iran in there but it's hard to tell.

So, yeah, if you thought Zhirinovsky was a crazy imperialist...

Crazy Boris

Banned
Continuing my sort-of-trend of showing massively inflated nationalist goals, here's a good one.

Akhand Bharat is an Indian expansionist idea that began during the struggle for Indian independence and continues to the present day. The most limited versions simply aim for India to control Pakistan and Bangladesh, as shown below.

Akhand_Bharat.png

Of course, this is just the smallest version of Akhand Bharat. Some iterations are more... umm... ambitious.

main-qimg-1f52a9653b27197640020fa78a542c46

Yes, that's all of ASEAN, all of the Indian subcontinent, Tibet, Yunnan, Taiwan, PNG, and I think there's some of Iran in there but it's hard to tell.

So, yeah, if you thought Zhirinovsky was a crazy imperialist...

Interesting how the first map excludes Sikkim

BACK_TO_BACK_WORLD_WAR_CHAMPS.png

The Greatest United States based on Wikipedia's 51st State page and two other proposals. (King-Crane and Italian Unionist Movement)
Darkest to Lightest, Proposed Mandates, Proposals that had legitimacy behind them, Only legitimacy is that they were in a vote, and based on satirical statements.

Ladakh Territory.png

A very quick patch for the newly-proposed situation for Jammu and Kashmir by the Indian government. The state of Jammu and Kashmir is to be dissolved and to be separated into two Union Territories, Jammu and Kashmir & Ladakh. Areas controlled by Pakistan and China respectively are marked in darker shades. Gilgit-Baltistan's status is rather unclear with that new proposal, though it is unlikely that India would drop its claim on that territory (though it might be possible for India to formally create its own version of that terrritory).

It's very much current politics, but it should be useful to have here anyway.

The Greatest United States based on Wikipedia's 51st State page and two other proposals. (King-Crane and Italian Unionist Movement)
Darkest to Lightest, Proposed Mandates, Proposals that had legitimacy behind them, Only legitimacy is that they were in a vote, and based on satirical statements.

The American Expansionist Party also outlined plans for Ireland.

xsampa

Banned
BACK_TO_BACK_WORLD_WAR_CHAMPS.png

I wonder how America would have changed its perception of itsf had it acquired the King-Crane mandates (basically the Ottoman Empire)

I wonder how America would have changed its perception of itsf had it acquired the King-Crane mandates (basically the Ottoman Empire)
Probably would've been seen as America spreading "its glorious Anglo-Saxon values to the uncivilized savages of the Middle East"

In 1998, Igor Panarin had predicted that the US would soon break up into several successor nations.

Here's Dugin's super Eurasian Russia.

I took the liberty of updating to include:
- Sinking the US into the ocean
- Obliterating the Baltic states and West Germany (notice the small independent city states of Kaunas and Tallinn, taken from LDP maps. I took this to be the ''independent Lithuania the size of Liechtenstein'' he referred to.)
- The nuking of Tokyo
- the annexation of Afghanistan and the Pashtun and Baloch inhabited areas of Pakistan "last march to the south would lead it to the shores of the Indian Ocean and to the Mediterranean, and mean liberation for 20 million Kurds, hundreds of thousands of Baluchis (and) Pushtun."
- The partitioning of Romania between Bulgaria, Hungary and Russia.
- An expansion of Serbia he supported back in the 90's

So, next I think I'll try to map what Big P himself has said regarding Russian irredentism.

Imagine films that are essentially Westerns following the exploits of some United States Marshall in the deserts of the Middle East.

Easterns, if you will.

Crossposting as the above US map reminded me of it and I believe it never actually was included in here.

@raharris1973 @Pkmatrix @Enigmajones @Jared

I have the exact borders; the original map is in the National Archives, and it is reproduced in the book The United States Consul and the Yankee Raja by H.G. Keith, via the Brunei Museum, which is pretty much the largest remaining source on the colonization of the region.

Ellena, the capital, was held on the river Kimanis, and lasted only about 9 months in total. The Rajah, Joseph William Torrey, eventually left and returned to Hong Kong, and never had his title stripped from him, and he used the title of Rajah of Ambong & Maroodoo until his dying day. Charles Lee Moses, the US Consul, died a few years later while at sea (the boat sunk) after a various torpid series of events (including burning down his own Consulate in order to try and start an incident between himself and the Sultan of Brunei).

Moses was very disagreeable and pigheaded, and he butted heads against Torrey, against the Sultan, etc.

Here is the map on M-BAM scale (the original was shrunk a ton to fit in the book, and I don't want to risk damaging the book on a scanner): areas in yellow are leased directly by Sultan Abdul Mumin of Brunei. The mainland territories were on a $4000 lease, while the island of Banguey was on a separate lease for $1000. Pengiran Temanggong of Sulu leased the territories in pink, including the islands of Balabac & Palawan for the sum of $4000. All leases are yearly.

Note that in the Jawi version of the lease, there is no indication of Palawan being leased.

ambong-maroodoo_revised-png.420086

I had to revise the map myself, as I realized I had made an error previously, so that fixes most everything.

Note that the only settlement took place on the Kimanis river (and was abandoned in less than a year), while the titular Ambong & Maroodoo never received more than a cursory glance.

Last edited:
Imagine films that are essentially Westerns following the exploits of some United States Marshall in the deserts of the Middle East. Easterns, if you will.
That’s an awesome idea. Maybe TTL John Wayne would have set his movies in Anatolia instead… I wonder how much land we would have outright kept for ourselves and how much of it would have been devolved into independent nations. It’s important land, after all, and there are a fair few Christians in it. People could have been convinced to keep some. Given the example size in the map above, surely Wilsonian Armenia would have gotten its full borders… but could they have wanted to become a state of the Union?