Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Three-Way_Split_CA.png

Three-way split of California proposed in 1855. From north to south:
-Shasta
-California
-Colorado

There was also the Pico Act (of 1859), an act that passed California but didn't make it to Congress because of the Civil War - it was going to bisect California along the 36th parallel north, creating the State of California and the Territory of Colorado
Bisected_CA.png

View attachment 472295
Three-way split of California proposed in 1855. From north to south:
-Shasta
-California
-Colorado

There was also the Pico Act (of 1859), an act that passed California but didn't make it to Congress because of the Civil War - it was going to bisect California along the 36th parallel north, creating the State of California and the Territory of Colorado
View attachment 472296
slight correction on the 36th Parallel
:
Bisected_CA.png

Last edited:
1800-1900 europe l.png

Using the list provided above, I made a map combining the various proposals and war aims in Europe between 1800-1900. in areas where they overlap, i gave it to the stronger claimant. sometimes there are compromises (like Bulgaria losing its northern territories, but gaining North Macedonia) and combinations (like the United States of poland using Poland's "Natural Borders").
Next will be 1900-1939

Last edited:
View attachment 474709
Using the list provided above, I made a map combining the various proposals and war aims in Europe between 1800-1900. in areas where they overlap, i gave it to the stronger claimant. sometimes there are compromises (like Bulgaria losing its northern territories, but gaining North Macedonia) and combinations (like the United States of poland using Poland's "Natural Borders").
Next will be 1900-1939
Beautiful

Some other colorful suggestions of his include:
* Using the Baltic States as a dumping ground for radioactive waste, carpet bomb them, and possibly leave one of them behind "at least the size of Lichtenstein."
* Using tactical nukes during the Chechen War.
* Carpet bomb Poland
* When there was tension between Russia and the UK in 2008, he advocating dropping nukes in the Atlantic to flood Great Britain
* Breaking up Romania, stating that it's "an artificial state created by Italian Gypsies who seized territory from Russia, Bulgaria and Hungary."
* Shooting all the birds in Russia to stop the spread of bird flu in 2006
* Building a border wall to keep out Muslims and Asians.
* Burning down Paris
* Nuking Japan
* In November 2015, after an incident in which a Russian jet plane was shot down by a Turkish F-16 after an air-space violation, he said that Russia must detonate a nuclear bomb in the Bosphorus to create a 10-meter tsunami wave, which would wipe out at least 9 million people in Istanbul.
* Drunkenly threatened he would have Russian scientists alter the gravitational field of the Earth in order to sink the entirety of the United States into the ocean.

I took the liberty of updating to include:
- Sinking the US into the ocean
- Obliterating the Baltic states and West Germany (notice the small independent city states of Kaunas and Tallinn, taken from LDP maps. I took this to be the ''independent Lithuania the size of Liechtenstein'' he referred to.)
- The nuking of Tokyo
- the annexation of Afghanistan and the Pashtun and Baloch inhabited areas of Pakistan "last march to the south would lead it to the shores of the Indian Ocean and to the Mediterranean, and mean liberation for 20 million Kurds, hundreds of thousands of Baluchis (and) Pushtun."
- The partitioning of Romania between Bulgaria, Hungary and Russia.
- An expansion of Serbia he supported back in the 90's

Attachments

• Vlad_Z1.png
    Vlad_Z1.png
    89 KB · Views: 856
Does anyone know anything about Soviet aims in the Polish-Soviet war?
More or less the intent was to establish a Polish Soviet Republic, and the border would have been pushed West in favor of what would be the Lithuanian-Byelorussian and Ukrainian Peoples' Republics.

Strategically however the Soviets wanted access through Poland to intervene, or rather by 1920 reignite, the German Revolution directly. That said, I believe that the Soviets may well have been overstretched in trying to support the Spartacists at that point, especially if they are trying to also hold down Poland and the Baltics, or get especially bold and try to push South into Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Romania; if they feel confident in attaining popular support throughout Europe after the fall of Poland, as was believed to happen, I wouldn't put it past them.

1900-1939 europe.png

Here is 1900-1939, or as i like to call it, "The Europe in which literally nobody is happy" (except Ukraine). Since most of the proposals featured either a partitioned France or a divided Germany, I felt it only fair to include both. The only way this I can see this Europe not devolving into another world war in less than a year is if there is an actually functional League of Nations, or some equivalent.

P.S-- I am genuinely sickened by what happened to Ireland and Scotland