Of lost monkeys and broken vehicles

No and no.
Makes sense considering Austria and Hungary... I do think the Danube would have symbolic importance to propaganda and the such though, even though that's not the case, at least in places like Greece, Western Europe and America.
Why Yugoslav has a single government now. It also has two armies and de facto areas administered by AVNOJ and areas administered by the Royal government depending on who liberated them first but hey it's one government!
Yes, and they definitely won't kill each other the moment the war is done...
And Tito already directly controls large areas of Croatia and Bosnia. The map below from OTL September 1944 is indicative. The one notable difference in OTL is of course that TTL in Serbia it is Chetnik units that have grabbed the territory first. TTL they were under much closer outside scrutiny from early on given the active front in Greece. Which meant the Chetniks were strong armed to action and had Michailovic brought to Greece and replaced by people who would follow the orders from Athens in that regard.
So is Montenegro under Tito or the Chetnik's control? I'm curious bc it'll affect the shipping situation quite a bit when we get a civil war in town.

Frankly, I see Greece (with American assistance) try to support Serbia with as much weapons as they could get. It'd be a good way to get soldiers back in the factories (and allow the war economy to be able to be ramped down instead of being shut down), and the infrastructure built in Macedonia beforehand would lend to Greece shipping weapons America and Europe to try to keep the Chetniks in Serbia and Macedonia.
I really doubt Romania was happy with it. It was part of the Vienna awards after all. True Antonescu concentrated on retrieving Moldavia and Transylvania but I'm pretty certain that after the Romanians were done with Hungary, and a Romanian-Hungarian war over Transylvania at some point would had been a certainty it would be Bulgaria's turn.
Hmm that makes sense, and with Bulgarian crimes being a lot more well known (and Bulgarian resistance against Greece) there is a chance they get punished a lot more, especially since they'd be forced to be a neutral country too.
Greece even the larger TTL one has comparable population with Serbia and considerably less than Yugoslavia. In GDP terms IMS Yugoslavia had a per capita income of $106 in 1938. Which meant a GDP of about $1.7 billion. TTL Greece was at about $1.5 billion. These are not numbers making it particularly easy for one to make a puppet of the other.
Sorry I meant it being 'someone who will listen' rather than 'an actual puppet'.
The big loser in a split Yugoslavia is I suspect the Bosniaks. If Bosnia is part of the kingdom theit are a minority in what's effectively greater Serbia. If it is part of SFRY Tito will have reason to have a viable Serbian republic in his SFRY. The more practical way to have one is putting together Krajna and most of Bosnia with Herzegovina going to the Croats. The Bosniaks are at best getting an autonomous republic as part of either Serbia or Croatia...
Frankly I think the split will be a Communist Croat-Bosniak state and a Royalist Serb-Montenegrinn-Macedonian state, with Slovenia being caught in between a rock and a hard place. I think they either become part of royalist Yugoslavia in a 'east-pakistan' situation or a UN 'we'll control it and the people will vote for it later' which would be interesting either way.

Or they're part of communist Yugoslavia under Tito.

Makes sense considering Austria and Hungary... I do think the Danube would have symbolic importance to propaganda and the such though, even though that's not the case, at least in places like Greece, Western Europe and America.

Yes, and they definitely won't kill each other the moment the war is done...

So is Montenegro under Tito or the Chetnik's control? I'm curious bc it'll affect the shipping situation quite a bit when we get a civil war in town.

Frankly, I see Greece (with American assistance) try to support Serbia with as much weapons as they could get. It'd be a good way to get soldiers back in the factories (and allow the war economy to be able to be ramped down instead of being shut down), and the infrastructure built in Macedonia beforehand would lend to Greece shipping weapons America and Europe to try to keep the Chetniks in Serbia and Macedonia.

Hmm that makes sense, and with Bulgarian crimes being a lot more well known (and Bulgarian resistance against Greece) there is a chance they get punished a lot more, especially since they'd be forced to be a neutral country too.

Sorry I meant it being 'someone who will listen' rather than 'an actual puppet'.

Frankly I think the split will be a Communist Croat-Bosniak state and a Royalist Serb-Montenegrinn-Macedonian state, with Slovenia being caught in between a rock and a hard place. I think they either become part of royalist Yugoslavia in a 'east-pakistan' situation or a UN 'we'll control it and the people will vote for it later' which would be interesting either way.

Or they're part of communist Yugoslavia under Tito.
No Macedonia in the situation you are describing . The royalist government playing that card will gain literally nothing other than their closest ( and most important) ally being furious at them .

Part 159
Norway, September 29th, 1944

Oslo was liberated by the Swedish army. The loss was not catastrophic for the German army in Norway, coastal convoys could still move back and forth between Germany and Norway but was hardly a good thing either. The Norwegian Bergen and Stavanger railroads were both ending on Oslo. And German convoys to Bergen or Trodtheim would be rather more exposed to British air and naval attack than the same convoys going to Oslo would had been. With Oslo liberated, the Swedish high command would pull the I and XI Infantry Divisions out of the line and sift them north to resume the failed attack on Trodtheim.

Belgium, October 2nd, 1944

Seven divisions of the US 1st Army attacked across the German border into Aachen. It would take nearly three weeks of heavy fighting to clear the city of the German defenders. Further west the 1st Canadian Army begun the slow work of clearing the Scheldt estuary, that would open Anwerp to shipping. Facing the entire German 15th Army the battle would continue till early November...

Italy, October 2nd, 1944

Genoa was liberated by the US 92nd Infantry Division. It would take some time before sufficient repairs could be made to the port facilities, the retreating Germans had done as much damage as they could including scuttling the half finished aircraft carrier Sparviero as a blockship inside the harbor trying to delay the Allied advance. But delayed or not the Allied advance continued. The next day the Americans would link up with French forces advancing from the west.

Syrmia, Yugoslavia, October 3rd, 1944

The Allied dash north finally came to a halt between fatigue after three months of heavy fighting, severe supply issues and growing German and Croatian resistance. In three months of fighting the Allied armies of the Orient had suffered 93,000 casualties, more than half of them Greek, and lost over 900 tanks. But in the process they had knocked Bulgaria out of the war, liberated Northern Greece, Serbia and Albania and inflicted almost 200,000 casualties on the Germans and another 120,000 on the Bulgarians. Heersgruppe E by now was down to fewer than 400,000 German soldiers, Waffen SS Turkish, Albanian and Bosniak units included, with several divisions like the 10th Panzer completely destroyed during the retreat from Macedonia. But the Allied units had to regroup and rebuild before resuming the offensive. The Allied commanders start rotating divisions out of the line to rebuild and lessen the logistical burden.

Debrecen, Hungary, October 6th, 1944

The Soviet 2nd Ukrainian front reinforced by the 3rd and 4th Romanian attacked towards the Tisza river. The Soviets would advance as deep as 60km at points and by October 10th would cross the Tisza at multiple places threatening Bucharest itself. A German counterattack would for a time stop the Soviet advance but still fail to dislodge them from their bridgeheads across the river.

Warsaw, October 7th, 1944

The Polish forces in the city surrendered to the German army. The Germans would keep the part of the deal to treat the AK fighters as lawful combatants, with 15,000 sent to prisoner of war camps. But they would also deport the entire population of Warsaw, over half a million with tens of thousands sent to death camps and even more as slave labor to Germany. Then on Hitler's orders they would begin to systematically demolish the city.

Petsamo, October 7th, 1944

The Soviet 14th Army took the offensive against the German 20th Mountain Army. Petsamo would be liberated a week later on October 15th, but the Soviet offensive while successful would fail to cut off the German forces which would continue to retreat towards Norway in good order.

Moscow, October 9th, 1944

Winston Churchill was there in person for the next conference with Stalin. Roosevelt was not with the United States represented by its ambassador in Moscow Averell Harriman. The conference was beginning in the shadow of the fall of Warsaw but soon Churchill and Stalin, Harriman would be unsurprisingly sidelined by the two leaders, would concentrate on more pressing matters, like revisiting the secret agreement they had made at Tehran. For the most part the agreement had so far held, not least as by now in most cases it was backed by troops on the ground. It was over the final status of Constantinople that Churchill was interested the most...

Herrlingen, Germany, October 9th, 1944

Field marshal Erwin Rommel, bit the cyanide pill brought to him from Berlin. He was not the first nor the last man to die in the aftermath of the July 15th plot. He had at least the consolation of securing the safety of his family by preferring suicide over a public trial.

Norway, October 13th, 1944

The Swedish army launched the second battle of Trondheim this time with 3 divisions and over 80,000 men facing a German force perhaps half their size. This time they would gain ground but at a very slow pace against determined German resistance.

Italy October 15th, 1944

The US 1st Armored Division liberated Milan three days after Turin had been liberated by Italian guerillas. Kesserling was pulling back to a new defensive like behid the Po and Mincio rivers. It was an open question whether it could hold. But "smiling Albert" wasn't the kind of man to give up easily. If the Po line fell he would retreat behind the Adige. Then behind Piave. Then to the Alps...

Last edited:
It was over the final status of Constantinople that Churchill was interested the most...
Well, this will be fun.
Debrecen, Hungary, October 6th, 1944

The Soviet 2nd Ukrainian front reinforced by the 3rd and 4th Romanian attacked towards the Tisza river. The Soviets would advance as deep as 60km at points and by October 10th would cross the Tisza at multiple places threatening Bucharest itself. A German counterattack would for a time stop the Soviet advance but still fail to dislodge them from their bridgeheads across the river.
Can’t wait for how certain domestic events in Hungary would be affecting things, especially with the Arrow Cross Party and all that.

IMO the biggest development of this update is that it confirms how far ahead of the OTL schedule the WAllies are in Italy. It isn't done by any means, as finding their way across the Alps obviously won't be easy, but I could see the WAllies fully beating the Soviets to Austria, and even potentially Czechia, by marching northward.

It was over the final status of Constantinople that Churchill was interested the most...

Hmmm how much is Constantinople worth to Churchill and how much will Uncle Joe realize he can squeeze from him. This is also around the period OTL that Roosevelt started caring about the Balkans somewhat, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was somewhat supportive of Churchill playing a little hardball. So long as it didn’t actually lead to any consequences

What makes this so weird compared to the OTL 4th Moscow conference, most of the lines have already been drawn by either agreement our troops on the ground. Really at this point there isn’t a lot to work out. Bulgarias neutrality or western leaning status, the fate of Vojvodina, the non Serbian parts of Yugoslavia are the only real questions in the area. Albania as well I suppose but I don’t think Albania is all that important for either of the men involved. My guess is a Neutral Bulgaria for a lightly armed but western Controlled Constantinople. Long term I’m not sure either of those makes it to 1960 without becoming fortresses against communism, but for now that trade makes sense I think.

The Polish forces in the city surrendered to the German army. The Germans would keep the part of the deal to treat the AK fighters as lawful combatants, with 15,000 sent to prisoner of war camps. But they would also deport the entire population of Warsaw, over half a million with tens of thousands sent to death camps and even more as slave labor to Germany. Then on Hitler's orders they would begin to systematically demolish the city.

Sad that another great crime against the Polish people has come to pass. Realistically I don’t think much could realistically be done to make the Warsaw Uprising a success but it’s still sad to see. At least they made the Nazi’s bleed a bit longer this go around.

IMO the biggest development of this update is that it confirms how far ahead of the OTL schedule the WAllies are in Italy. It isn't done by any means, as finding their way across the Alps obviously won't be easy, but I could see the WAllies fully beating the Soviets to Austria, and even potentially Czechia, by marching northward.

I could see Austria, Slovenia, and maybe Czechia(specific Bohemia) benefiting from the quicker Italian campaign and being taken by the Wallies. That said it’s not like the Soviets are that far from the Austrian border either. But considering how far the Wallies have already come (they captured Milan in April of 1945 OTL) combined with the fact I believe they have more troops and the Nazis have less without Mussolini there’s not a lot of reason they shouldn’t be able to keep rolling over Kesserlings numerous defensive lines in reasonably good tome. It’s really a matter or where the Nazis put up the most resistance and what the WAllies supply situation looks like that’ll decide matter.

Out of curiosity does anyone else wonder if the Nazis have the reserves left to even try to pull off the Battle of the Bulge? They’ve taken significantly more casualties basically everywhere. And the Nazis probably know what they have is going to be needed to hold the line this winter against the Soviet and Swedish offenses at least. Even if the WAllies slow down in the Benelux like OTL for the same reasons and the Balkans for supply issues, The Italian front is likely still active for the reasons I mentioned. I know Hitler was never the smartest guy but I can’t see him forcing an offensive with reserves he doesn’t have.

Last edited:
Syrmia, Yugoslavia, October 3rd, 1944

The Allied dash north finally came to a halt between fatigue after three months of heavy fighting, severe supply issues and growing German and Croatian resistance. In three months of fighting the Allied armies of the Orient had suffered 93,000 casualties, more than half of them Greek, and lost over 900 tanks. But in the process they had knocked Bulgaria out of the war, liberated Northern Greece, Serbia and Albania and inflicted almost 200,000 casualties on the Germans and another 120,000 on the Bulgarians. Heersgruppe E by now was down to fewer than 400,000 German soldiers, Waffen SS Turkish, Albanian and Bosniak units included, with several divisions like the 10th Panzer completely destroyed during the retreat from Macedonia. But the Allied units had to regroup and rebuild before resuming the offensive. The Allied commanders start rotating divisions out of the line to rebuild and lessen the logistical burden.
I think with how the Greeks and the allied army command has done up to this point, I think it would be appropriate for them to rest before moving against other targets while building the infrastructure necessary to take over the rest. Meanwhile, I'd think that Tito's partisans would be moving into the rest of Yugoslavia and the Americans would continue to push into Italy.
Hmmm how much is Constantinople worth to Churchill and how much will Uncle Joe realize he can squeeze from him. This is also around the period OTL that Roosevelt started caring about the Balkans somewhat, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was somewhat supportive of Churchill playing a little hardball. So long as it didn’t actually lead to any consequences.
tbf I think FDR would allow some concessions to control Constantinople. FDR would want to have more control over the Soviet navy too I'd think, and securing Constantinople (as an international or Greek city) would be a great boon to American control over the region.

It's more about how much both sides are going to give.
What makes this so weird compared to the OTL 4th Moscow conference, most of the lines have already been drawn by either agreement our troops on the ground. Really at this point there isn’t a lot to work out. Bulgarias neutrality or western leaning status, the fate of Vojvodina, the non Serbian parts of Yugoslavia are the only real questions in the area. Albania as well I suppose but I don’t think Albania is all that important for either of the men involved. My guess is a Neutral Bulgaria for a lightly armed but western Controlled Constantinople. Long term I’m not sure either of those makes it to 1960 without becoming fortresses against communism, but for now that trade makes sense I think.
Yeah the Fourth Moscow conference is rather unimportant even in otl with how Stalin pushed things after, and I'd think even with the discussions in Constantinople it'd be at Yalta that things really get solidified.

I defo see Stalin pushing for an international city or giving the City to turkey, but I think Churchill (and later FDR) would not allow that.
I could see Austria, Slovenia, and maybe Czechia(specific Bohemia) benefiting from the quicker Italian campaign and being taken by the Wallies. That said it’s not like the Soviets are that far from the Austrian border either. But considering how far the Wallies have already come (they captured Milan in April of 1945 OTL) combined with the fact I believe they have more troops and the Nazis have less without Mussolini there’s not a lot of reason they shouldn’t be able to keep rolling over Kesserlings numerous defensive lines in reasonably good tome. It’s really a matter or where the Nazis put up the most resistance and what the WAllies supply situation looks like that’ll decide matter.
I defo see that if America goes from Italy to Austria, and I do think that Czechia would probably be able to be part of the American bloc too if the Americans push fast enough. Its more about being able to push the germans away from the alps though, which would be a gruelling experience for any solider.

But I also agree that Germany would eventually run out of ppl to throw against the Wallies in Italy. They don't have enough people to fight in all fronts already, and since the Alps seem to be the only thing left once the Americans reach it I think the germans would eventually give up and concede Italy to the Americans.

Tbh I don't see the allies pushing over/around the Alps very far before they and the soviets are in Germany and the wars practically over
It depends. It is easier to supply the Wallied advance in north Italy and then across the WW1 battlefields than from Serbia supplied through Thessaloniki. I think gradually the Italian Front will start receiving more supplies than the Balkan Front. I expect that in April 1945 the Allies can force the Ljubljana Gap.

I defo see that if America goes from Italy to Austria, and I do think that Czechia would probably be able to be part of the American bloc too if the Americans push fast enough.
On that note, an Austria-style (for an OTL comparison) neutralized Czechoslovakia could be another possibility if the Western Allies liberate Czechia (or at least Bohemia) here.

Tbh I don't see the allies pushing over/around the Alps very far before they and the soviets are in Germany and the wars practically over
Like I said it really depends on how Hitler and the Nazi leader want to play out the end of the war. I find it hard to believe they have the manpower at the moment to even consider a Hail Mary like the Battle of the Bulge. Even if they pull everyone out of Norway and somehow get them and their equipment home it’s hard to see happening. So what do you do with your reserves at that point? To me what would make the most sense would be to try and stop the Soviet winter offensive as that is the most immediate threat. If that happens it gives the Wallies time to work their way through the Alps into parts of Central Europe.

Or a split of Czechoslovakia with a neutral Czech republic and a communist Slovakia.
I think this is what that'll happen, with Czechia/Bohemia being a neutral country while Austria is deep in the American's camp, while Slovakia is sacrificed to the Soviets.

With Austria being deep in the American/NATO system I wonder how the region would develop. Would Austria be closer to Germany than otl?

What's this I hear? Is it speculation?

I have been absent from the thread for a while, so I return with my own rampant speculation and some I've seen floating through the thread, articulated in the form of MAP. Let's say this could be... 1947? Enough time for some things to settle down a bit anyway. Featuring an alternate Trizonesia!

RampantCWspeculationygspartitioned.png

*In case it isn't clear in Germany: cyan is the US occupation zones, lighter blue are the French, light pink are the British, and vaguely purple are the Soviets.

I'm still reasonably sure the allied borders are going to be somewhat further east in Germany and Austria, so I represented that here along with slightly tweaked occupation zones from otl, considering the different agreements between Britain and the US, as well as France's somewhat better position compared to otl. Which essentially flipped the US/British occupations and made them all somewhat bigger to reflect that potential further push eastward. Also Berlin being the literal front line of the cold war just seems neat to me.

Other than that, Italy looses slightly less, Poland looses somewhat less but gains less in compensation, Czechoslovakia splits in twain in what I imagine could end up as a permanent 'temporary measure' between east and west. Hungary and Romania seem posed to fall into Stalin's orbit, albeit I still think Romania might slip away to some measure. Finally... Yugoslavia, honestly I don't have a clue what's going to happen with that tire fire of a state, I was kinda thinking along the same lines some others in the thread were talking about with some sort of Croatia+Slovenia under Tito in the north and some sort of 'Greater Serbia' in the south.

An Assyrian and Alawite states are both shown, but whether or not they manage independence or some level of autonomy as part of one of their neighbors I think could go several different ways. Also, I liked the discussion about the Soviets maybe throwing their brand new puppet Finland a Karelia, it's not like it would dramatically change any of the strategic or economic calculus in Moscow but it might be enough of a bone to settle things there somewhat.

That's my speculation anyway. I had fun with this one, the last few chapters have been really good, and tantalizing with their implications.

Last edited:
Warsaw, October 7th, 1944

Where are the Nazi finding the troops and resources to carry this out while in retreat on all fronts?

Can’t wait for how certain domestic events in Hungary would be affecting things, especially with the Arrow Cross Party and all that.
I wouldn't know what you mean. :angel:
About a months roughly by the time the attack on the Gothic line was launched. But one month ahead of time meant that by the time the Allies take Rimini north Italy has not turned into mud yet putting slowing down the Allied advance into a snail's pace. By the time Bologna is taken remaining on the Gothic line becomes untenable which in turn means Kesserling has to pull back to the Po river line...
Budapest.
Oh come on they both start with B. :openedeyewink: Thanks!
Hmmm how much is Constantinople worth to Churchill and how much will Uncle Joe realize he can squeeze from him. This is also around the period OTL that Roosevelt started caring about the Balkans somewhat, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was somewhat supportive of Churchill playing a little hardball. So long as it didn’t actually lead to any consequences
Somewhat. Effectively by this point the only thing in question is how the Americans and British deal with their zone in the European side of the straits. Which I would think that the further along we go the less happy they would be about the Soviets dictating things/ making demands on them when they are doing as they please on their side of the straits.
What makes this so weird compared to the OTL 4th Moscow conference, most of the lines have already been drawn by either agreement our troops on the ground.
Given the way things were going IMO it was making sense the Churchill and Stalin would be having an understanding as early as Tehran, since the alternative could potentially mean Soviet and Western troops clashing with each other over who got where first...
Sad that another great crime against the Polish people has come to pass. Realistically I don’t think much could realistically be done to make the Warsaw Uprising a success but it’s still sad to see. At least they made the Nazi’s bleed a bit longer this go around.
Not without the Soviets actually attacking. But one should note that TTL the Western Allies had 94 aircraft shot down flying supplies to Warsaw as opposed to 41 in OTL. Most of the additional aircraft lost were the Greek air force and the Polish air force squadrons in Greece flying supplies to Warsaw.
Does having no Mussolini visibly affects Italian collaboration? You had roughly 100,000 Italian soldiers under Graziani, the number doesn't look that big in a country of 45 million...
Out of curiosity does anyone else wonder if the Nazis have the reserves left to even try to pull off the Battle of the Bulge? They’ve taken significantly more casualties basically everywhere. And the Nazis probably know what they have is going to be needed to hold the line this winter against the Soviet and Swedish offenses at least. Even if the WAllies slow down in the Benelux like OTL for the same reasons and the Balkans for supply issues, The Italian front is likely still active for the reasons I mentioned. I know Hitler was never the smartest guy but I can’t see him forcing an offensive with reserves he doesn’t have.
The working assumption has been that the Germans have not committed additional divisions compared to OTL to either Italy or the Balkans with the exception of the German troops that did not end up bagged in Tunisia in 1943 ending up in the Balkans. I couldn't quite see the Germans being able to spare divisions either from the Russian front of France to reinforce either the Balkans or Italy beyond this. Nor was it making any sense arguably.
I think with how the Greeks and the allied army command has done up to this point, I think it would be appropriate for them to rest before moving against other targets while building the infrastructure necessary to take over the rest. Meanwhile, I'd think that Tito's partisans would be moving into the rest of Yugoslavia and the Americans would continue to push into Italy.
The Greeks alone have taken 50,000 casualties since the start of the offensive, 111,000 casualties since the start of the year. This is not light casualties for a country the size of Greece. The allied armies are in desperate need of catching their breath for a while.
tbf I think FDR would allow some concessions to control Constantinople. FDR would want to have more control over the Soviet navy too I'd think, and securing Constantinople (as an international or Greek city) would be a great boon to American control over the region.
If you want to control the Soviet navy going out to the Aegean, why Gallipoli is Greek, so is Lemnos, Imbros and Tenedos. Hell so is Crete...
But I also agree that Germany would eventually run out of ppl to throw against the Wallies in Italy. They don't have enough people to fight in all fronts already, and since the Alps seem to be the only thing left once the Americans reach it I think the germans would eventually give up and concede Italy to the Americans.
Or not. They have good terrain to pull back to and any successive retreat means fewer people tied down in occupation duties...
That's not unlikely... after all both have crossed the German border already.
It depends. It is easier to supply the Wallied advance in north Italy and then across the WW1 battlefields than from Serbia supplied through Thessaloniki. I think gradually the Italian Front will start receiving more supplies than the Balkan Front. I expect that in April 1945 the Allies can force the Ljubljana Gap.
The one significant unseen American contribution in the Balkans campaigns is that while post 1943 there are no American divisions in the Balkans there are about 30,000 American soldiers (not accidentally the number committed to Iran) busy moving supplies and building roads and railroads to move said supplies. Still Italy offers much easier access to ports and also with Serbia liberated, you also see the Yugoslav army growing in numbers which for finite supplies...
On that note, an Austria-style (for an OTL comparison) neutralized Czechoslovakia could be another possibility if the Western Allies liberate Czechia (or at least Bohemia) here.
Possibly but I'm not certain how practical that is. After all the Communists did win 38% of the vote in fair elections in 1946 and polled even higher than this in the modern Czech Republic.
Or a split of Czechoslovakia with a neutral Czech republic and a communist Slovakia.
Well in 1946 as mentioned the CSK got over 40% in Bohemia and Moravia with the second party having less than 24%. A communist-Socialist coalition would control 56% of the vote and have a parliamentary majority...
Like I said it really depends on how Hitler and the Nazi leader want to play out the end of the war. I find it hard to believe they have the manpower at the moment to even consider a Hail Mary like the Battle of the Bulge. Even if they pull everyone out of Norway and somehow get them and their equipment home it’s hard to see happening. So what do you do with your reserves at that point? To me what would make the most sense would be to try and stop the Soviet winter offensive as that is the most immediate threat. If that happens it gives the Wallies time to work their way through the Alps into parts of Central Europe.
Yes and no. They have not fed much in the way of reinforcements to either Italy or the Balkans. But in OTL they had 686,000 men in Italy and 680,000 men on the Balkans. Now did you have significant reduction of these in late 1944-45? Not necessarily by count of divisions in Italy, more hazy in the Balkans where at least part of Army Group F likely was facing Soviet troops in Hungary. Norway now means you have about half a dozen fewer divisions available in late 1944

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
What's this I hear? Is it speculation?

I have been absent from the thread for a while, so I return with my own rampant speculation and some I've seen floating through the thread, articulated in the form of MAP. Let's say this could be... 1947? Enough time for some things to settle down a bit anyway. Featuring an alternate Trizonesia!

View attachment 889851
my heart cries for Bulgaria every time i read a timeline where they get even worse then OTL