Nobunaga’s Ambition Realized: Dawn of a New Rising Sun

Will sangaku geometric problems/theorems have a place ITTL? With more early contact, will Japanese and Western maths influence each other?

Not really but you did try with the 17729 civil wars
Just a natural progression of events yknow. That being said, the era of sprawling internal conflict is at an end and any future rebellions and civil wars will be more swift and narrow in scope.
there are western building styles that predominantly use wood but I don't see them being popular in Japan due to it not being 'high class buildings'. But I defo do see Japanese style buildings being a fad in the west tho. Like noble houses in Japanese style?
I mean Brighton Pavilion was a thing so it's in the realm of possibility.
tbf I'd think they would already be major differences. I'd imagine that the Oda shogunate would have greater women's rights than otl (no permits for travel for example), and increased literacy in general would mean quite a few women would be writing books, documenting stuff and discovering things, even if they do so with a male alias.
That'll eventually happen naturally on its own, but as of now there haven't really been any changes that would make Japanese society more progressive on women's issues.
Will sangaku geometric problems/theorems have a place ITTL? With more early contact, will Japanese and Western maths influence each other?
Possibly.

Just a natural progression of events yknow. That being said, the era of sprawling internal conflict is at an end and any future rebellions and civil wars will be more swift and narrow in scope.
Not complaining! I was just teasing you, you know
That said Im glad that'll finally be over and Japan will get to enjoy some time of peace... unless they decide peace was never an option and go at it against other countries this time

yeah, I'd just imagine that Japanese style would be popular in Europe as the Japanese are very much their equals yet use a very minimal building style.

At first I think Japanese painting styles would be used on room dividers, and the usage of Japanese style would change European architecture. Maybe as a counter reaction to the neoclassical/art deco style we get a 'simple style' too?
That'll eventually happen naturally on its own, but as of now there haven't really been any changes that would make Japanese society more progressive on women's issues.
true, at this point we wouldn't see the difference. I'd think it'd still be better than the women living under the same time in the tokugawa shogunate though.

At first I think Japanese painting styles would be used on room dividers, and the usage of Japanese style would change European architecture. Maybe as a counter reaction to the neoclassical/art deco style we get a 'simple style' too?
It isn't really the simplicity that Japanese-inspired arts and architecture will stand against its Neoclassical counterpart since the latter also emphasises that principle in its use of geometric forms and blank walls. What the former will be opposed to, however, will be the latter's emphasis on balance and symmetrical forms.

Also — Japonisme should arrive earlier by five or six decades before the neoclassical movement began in vogue in the 1750s. That's enough time for the former to ingratiate itself in Rococo circles before the backlash against it begins in earnest.

Last edited:
Brighton Pavilion was just one of many. Between Brighton and Worthing, there were at least ten Indian style buildings. None on the scale of Brighton Pavilion, but still pretty significant. Southwick even had it's Hindu style temple at one point which was visited was Indian soldiers during WW1. Sadly, Brighton Pavilion is the only surviving one. But it is more than possible that Japanese architecture become very popular amongst, even for a short time.

It isn't really the simplicity that Japanese-inspired arts and architecture will stand against its Neoclassical counterpart since the latter also emphasises that principle in its use of geometric forms and blank walls. What the former will be opposed to, however, will be the latter's emphasis on balance and symmetrical forms.

Also — Japonisme should arrive earlier by five or six decades before the neoclassical movement began in vogue in the 1750s. That's enough time for the former to ingratiate itself in Rococo circles before the backlash against it begins in earnest.
Tbf if think the main difference is that the usage of plaster and wood would give a pretty distinct feel to Japanese derived architecture, even when compared to other European styles that are quite simple.

Japanese style could be taken from any time too, with Japan itself innovating and changing, so different periods probably take from different styles of Japanese architecture too.
Side note:

It's ArasAka in all the rulebooks and most of the wiki https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Arasaka

You must have run into some typo
I meant that Alaska would be called arasuka.

Not complaining! I was just teasing you, you know
That said Im glad that'll finally be over and Japan will get to enjoy some time of peace... unless they decide peace was never an option and go at it against other countries this time
I think you'll enjoy what's in store in the 18th century then. No spoilers tho.

Honestly, I'm glad there's not gonna anymore civil wars... at least for now... but I really don't mind if it's against other nations as it's still the era of colonization and expansion.

I don’t want to be anymore civil wars in Japan period. It’s bad for the country’s demographics and economy plus I personally think it’s getting ridiculous.

So, a thought occurred to me. I'm wondering if Karakuri puppets will develop? They were already incorporated European clock-making technology to make them, but I wonder if Japanese will incorporate more Western elements into as time progresses. Maybe some of these dolls could be gifts to European heads of state in future diplomatic missions.

I think you'll enjoy what's in store in the 18th century then. No spoilers tho.
Japanese Sarawak and Arasuka when?

Seriously I'd like to see expansion in SEA, and maybe America if they go for the fur trade.
I know but just had two or so civil wars plus a war on the continent. Let Japan have at least two centuries of internal stability.
Yeah, with most of the main problems dead after the civil war I just hope we get a Japan who's able to expand their colonial empire and be a rival of the European powers who the Europeans have to respect to function in SEA.

So, a thought occurred to me. I'm wondering if Karakuri puppets will develop? They were already incorporated European clock-making technology to make them, but I wonder if Japanese will incorporate more Western elements into as time progresses. Maybe some of these dolls could be gifts to European heads of state in future diplomatic missions.
They are.
Japanese Sarawak and Arasuka when?
TBA lol.

They are.
They're probably going to be far less sophisticated — or at least rarer — due to a far more busier craftsmen class ITTL.

They're probably going to be far less sophisticated — or at least rarer — due to a far more busier craftsmen class ITTL.
A busier craftsmen class don't neccesarly mean that craftmanship quality would decline and the elites would always be happy to aquire things like the karakuri that alredy existed by the Sengoku period, in fact they may be even more advanced since Japan would revive any new delopment faster than in otl withouth the sakoku and even develop their own advances