Nobunaga’s Ambition Realized: Dawn of a New Rising Sun

yjCzZ7Y5XCXZuCH9_eX2bZ5DeAApGRq1mP5SDYFP-UqAlwv2i49OalsNQRKxjDm784ednJGGd0c0viDJhifhSWL-F8Kbp6KazE0xsLzWakDPJdTSAzumtlg19gkcnLvp5rv4WyTThIH-661oo4e4_Ts

Europe in 1692​
Great chapter! As always, your cutscenes explaining activities in other parts of the world rival and often even exceed (like this example) a normal update. However, I have two questions about the new map of Europe:
1. Why does Moldova not have access to the Black Sea? I know that after becoming a vassal of the Ottomans, they had to give it back to Constantinople (btw, shouldn't the city be called Konstantinya or something? I think it was already discussed), but wouldn't they have demanded it back after breaking with the High Porte? Especially since their new masters in Warsaw would also be favorable to this, as it would strengthen their position in a sea basin still mainly controlled by the Turks? It would also justify the small territorial gains by the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
2. What is the situation with Upper Silesia? It was incorporated into Poland, but is on the map as part of the HRE. What does it mean? Does Warsaw have any influence in the Empire? Is the Polish-Lithuanian king invited, at least nominally, to any conventions, meetings, etc.?
Thanks in advance and good luck in continuing to write this TL.

Great chapter! As always, your cutscenes explaining activities in other parts of the world rival and often even exceed (like this example) a normal update. However, I have two questions about the new map of Europe:
1. Why does Moldova not have access to the Black Sea? I know that after becoming a vassal of the Ottomans, they had to give it back to Constantinople (btw, shouldn't the city be called Konstantinya or something? I think it was already discussed), but wouldn't they have demanded it back after breaking with the High Porte? Especially since their new masters in Warsaw would also be favorable to this, as it would strengthen their position in a sea basin still mainly controlled by the Turks? It would also justify the small territorial gains by the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
2. What is the situation with Upper Silesia? It was incorporated into Poland, but is on the map as part of the HRE. What does it mean? Does Warsaw have any influence in the Empire? Is the Polish-Lithuanian king invited, at least nominally, to any conventions, meetings, etc.?
Thanks in advance and good luck in continuing to write this TL.
1. So that little coastal area actually belongs to the Budjak Horde, and it did IOTL until the 19th century even after they became vassals to the Russian Empire.

2. Yes, Upper Silesia is still part of the HRE, and yes the Polish king/Lithuanian grand duke is also the duke of Upper Silesia within the HRE and is therefore technically part of its affairs. Given the decentralization of the HRE after the 1635 Peace of Prague, though, it matters little.

Well that was an excellent chapter. Very good...
Venetian Greece looks intriguing. This kick in the ass should shake things up in Constantinople. Also why is Ireland independent?
Because it technically was separate, even when it wasn't. Before the Act of Union in 1801, Ireland was legally considered to be a separate realm that simply happened to be ruled over by the same ruler as England had. See below:

Last edited:
History is random. That's the best thing about history.
Its a whole mess
I’ve tried to stick with realism and always attempt to point towards a cause but I wonder what’s the most random thing that’s happened in my TL so far…
Should have colored it light pink denoting it as a “vassal”
I didn’t change it because the source map (Europe 1648) had it like that, that’s all. Also I think Ireland was a de facto and not an official client vassal of England, at least before the formation of the United Kingdom.

I’ve tried to stick with realism and always attempt to point towards a cause but I wonder what’s the most random thing that’s happened in my TL so far…
It was random IOTL, so I think it still counts here but…

African slave becoming Daimyo, starting a clan in Formosa is a interestingly wild story IMO when saying out loud

Last edited:
It was random IOTL, so I think it still counts here but…

African slave becoming Daimyo, starting a clan in Formosa is a interestingly wild story IMO when saying out loud
Well, it is Iriebashi, after all.

And now, you've left me to wonder what place is going to be the Florida of Japan — or perhaps — Iriebashi, since I think we can all agree that Luzon province is going to be the most dysfunctional of the lot.

And now, you've left me to wonder what place is going to be the Florida of Japan — or perhaps — Iriebashi, since I think we can all agree that Luzon province is going to be the most dysfunctional of the lot.
Inb4 an anime is made about this hundreds of years later

Don't mean to do this but Iriebashi is the city, Bireito is the island (Bireizen and Bireigo being the provinces).
Honestly, I don’t see the point in Venice capturing Attica - will it be able to hold it?
The Cretan War, which saw Venice's power dramatically weakened as a result of 24 years of conflict, is the much shorter War of the Cretan Coalition ITTL and tha difference is how Venice was able to do better ITTL. Obviously the Ottomans would win in a land-only situation but it would be a more difficult conflict and Venetian naval power is still very strong at the end of the 17th century unlike OTL. So maybe though still unlikely in the long run.
Inb4 an anime is made about this hundreds of years later

cN-KxeRw57-tmcSxQQoaUitEH7KlGYmdCrScsIgBdAzFRRP2GfzQvVY3Td7uQRExBS7JF6Y_BxV6SXOKBu3O6RK-IfPpiL4Ukup5eOg9xilCcupVL4uf1tfYLpxLgvCIZxv3MNvQqYmRssKEpyA-tyc

Don't mean to do this but Iriebashi is the city, Bireito is the island (Bireizen and Bireigo being the provinces).

The Cretan War, which saw Venice's power dramatically weakened as a result of 24 years of conflict, is the much shorter War of the Cretan Coalition ITTL and tha difference is how Venice was able to do better ITTL. Obviously the Ottomans would win in a land-only situation but it would be a more difficult conflict and Venetian naval power is still very strong at the end of the 17th century unlike OTL. So maybe though still unlikely in the long run.

cN-KxeRw57-tmcSxQQoaUitEH7KlGYmdCrScsIgBdAzFRRP2GfzQvVY3Td7uQRExBS7JF6Y_BxV6SXOKBu3O6RK-IfPpiL4Ukup5eOg9xilCcupVL4uf1tfYLpxLgvCIZxv3MNvQqYmRssKEpyA-tyc
Imagine Yasuke but Jollibee franchises are among his noble descendant's biggest assets :p