Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Venice.png

Uber venice that survived Austria and Napoleon. Sahara is lush farmland instead of a desert.

That calls for some explanation.... :hushedface:
The election map is set in the TL of the map I posted a few pages ago, but several hundred years in the future. More rivers and an oversized Lake Chad move more water through the area caused the "green period" that happened in IOTL long ago never ended.

First off, credit where credit is due. I used @Bob Hope 's basemap and also @Skallagrim 's Hesperides map.

Its still a work in progress but any tips/criticisms are appreciated.
Heres what I have fleshed out so far.
Yes that is Atlantis and the big brown blob up north are Neanderthals. Atlantis is a confederation of several tribes. Following the Punic wars, many people fled Carthage and ended up in atlantis. Definitely some super-natural happenings in this world (Magic, gods etc). France is in a pretty nasty situation with Occitanian nationalism at a boiling point and Orléanist-lead rebels want to stop the constant fighting with britain. Bavaria is semi independent. A remnant of the knights templar fled Europe after the Pope tried to destroy the order. Their ships somehow ended up in OTL Brazil.
View attachment 417965
Venice's motto - "We must build a canal". :biggrin:
There are definetly a lot of canals. Should I make a map showing the various canals and rivers?

Breen, a nation that I made, it has a similar look to the state of New Jersey. The nation is bordered by 4 other nations, Midgaurd to it's the westerly border, Horislandia to its south, Pikland to its east, and Lilyboton to its north, where the border is straight

Breen.png

Please note that if you think about it, Switzerland is landlocked, and Breen is landlocked. And they are both republics, and they have both stayed out of any wars.

Last edited:
You mean the geologic period or what ?
The marine population, who had a boom both in population and diversity during the Devonian

EDIT: Although the geological period also can be said, because the Devonian really didn't had that much of earth over the sea surfice

Status
Not open for further replies.