Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, some party names sound weird in Italian. Can I suggest more accurate translations?
Of course! The english party names are Party of the People of Venice, National Identity Party, Conservative Christian Party, Liberal Group, Party of Liberty, Free Seas Association, Green Party, Venetians for Anarchy. The parties represent communist, nationalist, conservative, liberal, libertarian, "pirate" (popular in port cities and wants a return of privateering and also wants all trade in Venice to go through them), environmental protection & pro-farmers, and anarchist ideas respectively. So if you think there is a better name in italian for those, feel free to let me know :)

As awesome as always mate.
Thanks!

Apologies for the late reply, but time differences and all. Anyway, I tried to stay as close as possible to the lore while speculating on what a potential C&C sequel that wouldn't suck would be like (the farce that's Tiberian Twilight doesn't count, though some bits of it are salvageable).

Here's something I've been wanting to do for a while, and inspired by the recent announcement of the Command and Conquer remakes (by the former Westwood developers at Petroglyph, to boot): a cover for the original Tiberium universe (which started it all), and a possible alternate outcome of it had Tiberian Twilight never happened.

Nicely done! Although this is one of those universes I prefer not to think about too closely: the death toll in Asia was probably unimaginable. :teary:

Nicely done! Although this is one of those universes I prefer not to think about too closely: the death toll in Asia was probably unimaginable. :teary:

Yeah. The casualties from Tiberium contamination alone were entering the millions in-verse as early as the 2000s. And that's not getting to the Liquid Tiberium detonation in Tiberium Wars...which wipes out millions of civilians and renders much of Eastern Europe uninhabitable.

Party of the People of Venice

Here you can go: Partito del Popolo di Venezia o Partito Popolare Venziano(which i like most, because is more fluid in Italian)

National Identity Party

Partito Nazionale is just good, but if want a litteral translation you can go with Partito dell'Identità nazionale

Conservative Christian Party

Partito Cristiano Conservatore or Partito Conservatore Critiano(which i think is better)

Liberal Group

Gruppo Liberale

Party of Liberty

Partito della libertà, or if you want mirror OTL you can use Casa delle libertà.

Free Seas Association

Here you can go with Associazione dei mari liberi

Green Party

Partito Verde is right, but i think tha you could mirro OTL with a Partito dei Verdi

Venetians for Anarchy

Veneziani per l'anarchia.

Sorry, if sometimes i have said to you things you just wrote. I have no read again the post.

I'm very, very late to the party but thank you @Upvoteanthology for everything you've done during your time here on the board. I for one won't forget you, not least because you were one of the first people I interacted with when I first joined three years ago.

That 1490 Map Game will have a special place in my heart as long as I am on here and your maps (and tutorial) were what inspired me to make my own maps.

So thank you! Thank you for everything.

Here you can go: Partito del Popolo di Venezia o Partito Popolare Venziano(which i like most, because is more fluid in Italian)

Sorry, if sometimes i have said to you things you just wrote. I have no read again the post.
I feel like fiorentine italian wouldn't be the language they use in an independent venice.

Here you can go:
snip
Thanks a bunch! Would Latin be acceptable for party mottos or do you think they would be Italian? I am trying to do a short snippet for each party.

I feel like fiorentine italian wouldn't be the language they use in an independent venice.
I agree but i couldnt find anything online regarding Venetian Italian translations. If someone on here knows enough venetian to do the party names I would definetly use them. But otherwise I just use @Filo's translations.

Thanks a bunch! Would Latin be acceptable for party mottos or do you think they would be Italian? I am trying to do a short snippet for each party.

I agree but i couldnt find anything online regarding Venetian Italian translations. If someone on here knows enough venetian to do the party names I would definetly use them. But otherwise I just use @Filo's translations.
@Irene we need you

Hello everyone, this is an idea i had, basically Appalachia as Kurdistan.
so here goes

appalachian revolution.gif
appalachian revolution 2.gif

appalachian revolution 3.gif
appalachian revolution 4.gif
appalachian revolution 5.gif
appalachian revolution 6.gif

I have only recently started experimenting with making maps with a computer.

P.S I apologize for the size of the images.

Depends by your TL, but I think it's acceptable.

I don't promise i can that this evening, but I can search you a (modern) venetian-Italian dictionary.
Definetly no rush, but I greatly appreciate all the help! Should we hop over to DMs so we dont clog up the thread?

The Republic of Penta, a decently large, but mighty nation. Boasting a population of 140 million Penta has been the most developed nation in its world rivaling Pikland and Gliserine.

Penta.png

Status
Not open for further replies.