Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
cadnacn.png

OTL space programs. Uses SUCK, with "secondary" colors being used for the second space program.
Corporatist colors used for corporate space agencies.
No spaceports because good god there are so many of them.

World map for a choice game I was making for a few past months (which can be found here or here if anyone is interested).

View attachment 348104
That game looks so... beautiful. I think I might cry.
View attachment 348136
OTL space programs. Uses SUCK, with "secondary" colors being used for the second space program.
Corporatist colors used for corporate space agencies.
No spaceports because good god there are so many of them.
Ah, Micro-Worlda, yes!

Hands up guys, who guessed Kazakhstan would end up being more fertile ground for complicated divisions than Iran?

View attachment 348151
I love how the Russians had to simplify things by calling the Kazakhs Kirghiz to avoid mixing them up with the Cossaks. I do hope you have lots of misplaced names for the sake of authenticity. Anyways, I suggest you make about twelve maps of the area, so we can see where each group cycles through during the year. I can see the Brits (who are speaking French or a Celtic tongue in this I guess? Plantagenet, right?) simply putting the whole area under a Khanate so that they don't need to handle those damned Kazakh Parliamentary Boundaries. Oooh, gerrymandering the world. There is an idea...

I love how the Russians had to simplify things by calling the Kazakhs Kirghiz to avoid mixing them up with the Cossaks. I do hope you have lots of misplaced names for the sake of authenticity. Anyways, I suggest you make about twelve maps of the area, so we can see where each group cycles through during the year. I can see the Brits (who are speaking French or a Celtic tongue in this I guess? Plantagenet, right?) simply putting the whole area under a Khanate so that they don't need to handle those damned Kazakh Parliamentary Boundaries. Oooh, gerrymandering the world. There is an idea...

Misplaced names would be just too much. I'm trying to use old fashioned names at times (so for example Alma-Ata instead of Almaty) but there's only so far I'm prepared to go.

Hands up guys, who guessed Kazakhstan would end up being more fertile ground for complicated divisions than Iran?

View attachment 348151

*fanboy squee* :cool:

That's already happened. It was called colonialism. :winkytongue:

Although, that's not to say I'm not intrigued to see what you come up with.

Misplaced names would be just too much. I'm trying to use old fashioned names at times (so for example Alma-Ata instead of Almaty) but there's only so far I'm prepared to go.
True, true. Besides, you are doing the English versions of the names anyways. I am sure that each of the people translate their own a bit differently. Let's see... ahhh right, asking about 'dated' names might have been better. You have Tartary on the larger map? I recall years back when looking through all the Map Threads I saw British Tartary, so I might just be mixing it up for that.

True, true. Besides, you are doing the English versions of the names anyways. I am sure that each of the people translate their own a bit differently. Let's see... ahhh right, asking about 'dated' names might have been better. You have Tartary on the larger map? I recall years back when looking through all the Map Threads I saw British Tartary, so I might just be mixing it up for that.

Probably. I'm planning on lumping this in as the 'Presidency of Turkestan'.

I have used 'Turkomen' quite extensively in the Presidency of Persia.

Well. So it's _not_ just 3 or 4 Khanates? :)

Nope. Simples thing would have been a Khanate for each of the Greater, Middle and Lesser Zhuz, but I found a map with each of those broken down into their principle tribes so...

I mean it had clans as well, but no borders for those.

It's been more than a year and three map threads since I last posted any progress on my fantasy world, Rada (Earlier version seen here, although much has changed, right down to the geography). I've finally gotten to annotations, so here's a continent's worth of them for critique. The writing style is archaic on purpose, though that's not a shield against judgement.

Rada Annotated.png

Deleted member 105545

It's been more than a year and three map threads since I last posted any progress on my fantasy world, Rada (Earlier version seen here, although much has changed, right down to the geography). I've finally gotten to annotations, so here's a continent's worth of them for critique. The writing style is archaic on purpose, though that's not a shield against judgement.

View attachment 348194
Damn! Def. inspiration for my fantasy-esque thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.