Map Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're sorta kinda on the subject of ERB, I'm curious which of his works you plan on incorporating?

There are a number of 'em that reference each other in some way (Tarzan visit's Pellucidar, which trip is mentioned in the first Amtor book; while technology from the Pellucidar series is used to contact Barsoom, which is mentioned in The Moon Maid), and there are "cosmological" similarities between others (Va-Nah is the Moon's interior just as Pellucidar is Earth's; astral projection serves to get John Carter and Ulysses Paxton to Barsoom, "Loto-El-Ho-Ganja" to Amtor, and "Tangor" to Poloda). OTOH, the Barsoom books have WWI ending as IOTL, while The Moon Maid has it lasting 'til 1967, and I believe Beyond Thirty had it last even longer.

Well, I want to do Earth+Pellucidar, Venus/Amtor, the Moon+Va-Nah, Barsoom/Mars and something on the Jupiter of the skeleton men, so I'll have to work around the inconsistencies. I plan to have things on Earth fairly similar to OTL up until the 1930s, by which time alternate physics, the opening up of the remaining Lost Kingdoms of Africa, and the increasingly wide spread knowledge of a hollow earth are going to seriously impact things no matter how many butterflies one stomps on...

Bruce

Well, I want to do Earth+Pellucidar, Venus/Amtor, the Moon+Va-Nah, Barsoom/Mars and something on the Jupiter of the skeleton men, so I'll have to work around the inconsistencies. I plan to have things on Earth fairly similar to OTL up until the 1930s, by which time alternate physics, the opening up of the remaining Lost Kingdoms of Africa, and the increasingly wide spread knowledge of a hollow earth are going to seriously impact things no matter how many butterflies one stomps on...

Bruce
Cool.

Asides from Tarzan, what Earth-level stuff do you plan on? Caspak? The Monster Men? Jibber-jaw? Pirate Blood?

Map of the World: 2033
A possible multi-polar future. The colored nations are at least regional powers. The colored circles indicate which powers wield strong influence in each nation.

Federal Europe
Europe Tier 2
Federal Eurasia
Eurasia Tier 2
People's Republic of China
Southeast Asia Union
South African Union

I lost interest before I completed Africa and Latin America, which explains the lack of dots in those countries.

Edit: I know Sudan's borders are outdated. If anyone has an up-to-date base map that does not have sub-national boundaries, please let me know. I couldn't find one on the wiki.
Nice map, Sirius!:)

Cool.

Asides from Tarzan, what Earth-level stuff do you plan on? Caspak? The Monster Men? Jibber-jaw? Pirate Blood?

Well, definitely something about the monster men, since that can tie into the artificial men on Mars, but I'm not sure about Caspak, what with the whole inner world of Pellucidar being full of freaks as it is: heck, you could just move the whole island, weird local evolution and all, to one of the inner seas and nobody would notice...

Jibber-jaw? :confused:

Bruce

Well, definitely something about the monster men, since that can tie into the artificial men on Mars, but I'm not sure about Caspak, what with the whole inner world of Pellucidar being full of freaks as it is: heck, you could just move the whole island, weird local evolution and all, to one of the inner seas and nobody would notice...
I dunno, I think you could get a lot of mileage out of contrasting the Mahars and the Weiroo, the former doing horrible things to people because they don't realize they're doing so, and the latter doing horrible things to people because they're dicks.

Jibber-jaw? :confused:

Bruce
'twas a misspelling of Jimber-Jaw

Crossposting my MOTF Entry, The main POD is that Football (Soccer) becomes the most popular sport on the North-American continent, they also draw more influence from Europe. Also if you could choose what team would have your support?

2em0d5k.jpg

I dunno, I think you could get a lot of mileage out of contrasting the Mahars and the Weiroo, the former doing horrible things to people because they don't realize they're doing so, and the latter doing horrible things to people because they're dicks.

'twas a misspelling of Jimber-Jaw

Jimber-Jaw: Unfrozen Caveman Divorce Lawyer?

Bruce

Crossposting my MOTF Entry, The main POD is that Football (Soccer) becomes the most popular sport on the North-American continent, they also draw more influence from Europe. Also if you could choose what team would have your support?

2em0d5k.jpg

That looks sex-mazing. Why is it just New Gnladn? Is it independent.

Also, just a minor quibble, but one I bet would have Cambridge fans up in arms. The three for Cambridge should be north of 2 and 3.

Hmm. Not sure if I should support Rangers or Springfield. Nice map.

Anyone want to help me with a map? I'm trying to make a map for a post-nuclear war world that has re achieved some form of Human civilization (roughly 1940's) and has reached post-post-apocalyptic and reindustrialized, but I am having trouble making nations.

this is what I got,

Untitled19.png

Anyone want to help me with a map? I'm trying to make a map for a post-nuclear war world that has re achieved some form of Human civilization (roughly 1940's) and has reached post-post-apocalyptic and reindustrialized, but I am having trouble making nations.

this is what I got,

I suggest you start by making a map of the apocalypse. Then you'll know what cultures and ethnicities survived, so you'll have a place to start.

I suggest you start by making a map of the apocalypse. Then you'll know what cultures and ethnicities survived, so you'll have a place to start.

well the Apocalypse, or the Nuclear War happened in 2021 in this scenario I have, and the map is around 2505, but a lot of modern ethnicities and cultures did survive, through a lot of new ones have sprouted up.

It's a great map and great logos, but yes, like deh said, the locations of the cities are just off enough to get under the skin of a local. :p

Not knowing anything about the teams (and not being into professional sports, as I feel the need to mention ad nauseam for some reason :eek: ), I guess I'd probably support Worchester just because of regional favoritism.

this is what I got,

Maybe it is just thinking my state has little of value, but in the western Oregon there is little worth nuking aside from Portland, Salem, and Eugene. So In theory the Willamette valley and the coast region could become the base for a Cascadian state which would dominate the former Pacific North West. Plus there is also the cliche Deseret.

Hmm... Cascadia and Deseret again find themselves at war.
index.php

Anywho, just pitching an idea.

It is nice to see you are making new maps again. What sources or ideas did you use for the peculiar inland sea of the Dutch? And naming a province after Wagner... Truly original.
Zuiderzeewerken_proposal_1907.jpg

I'm just surprised they never renamed it during the war, considering how much Hitler loved Wagner's music and Bayreuth in general.

Good map, but is South Holland supposed to be above North Holland?
Of course it is. Can't you tell north from south? :p (fixed it, thanks)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Zuiderzeewerken_proposal_1907.jpg

I'm just surprised they never renamed it during the war, considering how much Hitler loved Wagner's music and Bayreuth in general.

Of course it is. Can't you tell north from south? :p (fixed it, thanks)[/QUOTE]

In the war only 1 and 4 were built, 3 was built in 1970's and they never built 2 (thank god for that, it would have totally ruined my home town). I doubt the Germans would even bother to build 3 and 2!

Last edited:
Maybe it is just thinking my state has little of value, but in the western Oregon there is little worth nuking aside from Portland, Salem, and Eugene. So In theory the Willamette valley and the coast region could become the base for a Cascadian state which would dominate the former Pacific North West. Plus there is also the cliche Deseret.

Hmm... Cascadia and Deseret again find themselves at war.
Anywho, just pitching an idea.

Willamette again.... it's the most sought after post-apocalyptic resort :)

Am I correct in assuming that Boston Fc and Boston City are like the equivalent of Celtic and Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.