Map Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I could shake things back up in Brazil with the death of the Dear Leader the Green Revolution's future is in a state of confusion as the next generation of leaders and factions duke it out internal political wise. Not to mention Conservation Death Marches. And station missiles in Brazilian Madagascar.

Umm... Brazil had been stabilized in the 1970s with the Keynes Plan... after your dear leader died.

So not really.

Thankyou for that map, awesome wave of Nostalgia.

The Aztec Empire had a show called survivor in a prime time slot. The Winner did get the prize.
The winner was the only surviving contestant.

Last edited:
And poor France has lost New Caledonia into the sea! :eek::p

Anyway, got a particular POD?

nah, I was just playing with some of the countries. If someone wants to create a scenario where this map applies, great. If there is a particular POD, it will have to be before 1871, because Switzerland annexed Alcase and Baden, and Austria annexed Bavaria.

Here's the map of my latest project, a timeline named United and Divided North America. The year is 1883.

Here's a guide to the non-obvious state abbreviations:
* FR = Franklin
* MW = Madawaska

The national capitol of the United States of America is Philadelphia, D.C. (not shown)

udna_1883.png

Here's the map of my latest project, a timeline named United and Divided North America. The year is 1883.

* FR = Franklin
* MW = Madawaska

The national capitol of the United States of America is Philadelphia, D.C. (not shown)

Nice map! Although I find myself thinking that somewhere during the writing of the Constitution one of the founding fathers must have said something along the lines of "The more senators, the better!" :D

Bruce

Last edited:

* FR = Franklin
* MW = Madawaska

I saw that you'd updated; will be reading very soon. Very cool, but I have some issues with Texas's internal borders. I'll discuss within the thread; in the meantime can you link me to the basemap you're using?

* FR = Franklin
* MW = Madawaska

While on the whole that is an amazingly fantastic map, I have one little quibble.

Its that damn Quebec border. Its terrible...absolutely terrible.

All your other borders are nice and unique...but that Quebec border...

Now that, brings back memories.

You failed to mention the most unique factor of that game: it was physically impossible to make nuclear weapons. And with there being no nuclear weapons, this lead to a HUGE race for different WMDs. The Communists in Russia focused on using biological weapons (if I recall correctly), the Maxalists developed space lasers, and the Liberal powers (with Egypt and Bharat surprisingly leading the project) developed Kinetic bombardment weapons.

That is indeed a major thing I should have mentioned, I will edit this into the template later on.

Ah yes. They certainly dragged me as Brazil kicking and screaming into MEDO.

Ah yes a dark day for the Liberal powers :(

I remember my "free" and "liberal" country had essentially created a Super-Virus, capable of being dropped by bombardment, which paralyzed victims in seconds and caused them to convulse and excrete fluids rapidly, essentially spreading the virus.

Oh, and did I mention that the EAU's government, through it's free health care services, made the whole populace of the country immune to the virus secretly? Yeah.

I know I was the country you developed it with :D

I'm very aware of your antics with California.

Phenomenal work Promethean. There were of course a few mistakes here and there (Missed Thailand (and its civil war), some inaccuracies in SE asia) but otherwise friggin awesome.

What happened in Thailand? Maxalist or Commintern rebels fighting with the Terran forces already present? Or something different?

Thankyou for that map, awesome wave of Nostalgia.
The Aztec Empire had a show called survivor in a prime time slot. The Winner did get the prize.
The winner was the only surviving contestant.

Yes those posts about your bloodsports where always very disturbing and/or entertaining.

This is epicness manifest in map-form. Truly a deserving image for a deserving game.

Angola FTW! :D

You goddamn pacifist!

billydan225

Banned

* FR = Franklin
* MW = Madawaska

interesting i like it

* FR = Franklin
* MW = Madawaska

I always hate it when people use the St. Lawrence as a border in situations like this. It's so absolutely central to Quebec's population that using it as a border is like running a border through the Nile in Egypt - stupid.

Umm... Brazil had been stabilized in the 1970s with the Keynes Plan... after your dear leader died.

So not really.

Brazil was still the least MEDO of the nations and in many instances quite freaked out by the popularity of such things in the other nations. If it could bolt from the MEDO it would have but the economic dependence by then had become too great.

I can't remember right, was this incarnation of Brazil or a past incarnation I played that had the Sisters of Battle Hit Squads. Well, Brazil in itself has a host of things I could write about.

Especially after all my African Escapades to further the Brazilian Hegenmony and then MEDO interests.

Brazil was still the least MEDO of the nations and in many instances quite freaked out by the popularity of such things in the other nations. If it could bolt from the MEDO it would have but the economic dependence by then had become too great.

I can't remember right, was this incarnation of Brazil or a past incarnation I played that had the Sisters of Battle Hit Squads. Well, Brazil in itself has a host of things I could write about.

Especially after all my African Escapades to further the Brazilian Hegenmony and then MEDO interests.

Malta, I think this Brazil was the one with the Sisters of Battle hit squads. I distinctly remember them being mentioned in the war report that ended your nation. The Sisters of battle holding off the Aztecs in Manaus, but failing to counter my blitzkrieg in the South.

Promethean, that map brought tears to my eyes. That game deserves to be revived.

Malta, I think this Brazil was the one with the Sisters of Battle hit squads. I distinctly remember them being mentioned in the war report that ended your nation. The Sisters of battle holding off the Aztecs in Manaus, but failing to counter my blitzkrieg in the South.

Promethean, that map brought tears to my eyes. That game deserves to be revived.

Ah yes, the Sororitas Fir or Fim. I suppose if the Game was continued I'd push Maxalist campaigns in Africa again to try and regain a semblance of the Portuguese Commonwealth I had set up/tried to set up.

Working on a 1923 Worlda map for my Chilean Empire set of maps that I have been posting - decided to call it Geoffrey's World :D Mainly because I like the name but Ill have that as the name for the second Chilean king. Mainly a WIP although its fairly far through.

The basic TL as before being a PoD in the early 1880s leading to an earlier Great War which is more along the lines of a repeat Franco-Prussian war although France with American and Russian support triumph in a very long bloody trench war. The USA is more inward than OTL and the United Kingdom more powerful.

This is the build up towards the Second global conflict - the War of Alliances.

Happy to answer any questions :)

1923 maybe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.