Map Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This little bugger was more work than it should have been, but getting all of the flags and TACOS scheme right was down right annoying. But I am proud of the final product. BTW anyone want to make this thing look more presentable with Photoshop or something to that degree feel free.

If you haven't already read the map, this bad boy is set in the year 1900.

POD is Santa Ana died fighting Bustamante in 1823 and shit just went sideways. Mariano Vallejo was able to pull the Californios together and pooled their resources with Texas. Without Santa Ana leading the armies and a rather inept central government the rebelling states are able to secure their independence.

Vallejo signs a deal with the U.S. where he sells the most of the northern bits of the Alta California and stuff and gives the U.S. some tariff free access to their ports and the U.S. wont invade anytime soon. It did help though that some shiny gold was discovered in the U.S. side of things.

The mother of all timelines will go up on my deviantart once i transfer it from paper to computer.

Questions, comments, I am open.

As someone currently working on a (hopefully) largely Mexican-centered story, I am particularly interested in this. Good luck with putting your TL on the 'net, by the way. :D

CNG: Rebirth of Nations

The following map is a detailed rendition of the year 2000 in the SW game CNG Rebirth of Nations.
Major credits to especially Sir Scott, Agentdark and all the other players of this game from 2011. Since I just put this thing together, most of the information was easily available in the associated threads.

That game was beautiful! I remember playing as Democratic China before it went Commie and then taking Ethiopia(which became the East African Union). Like Augustus said, the race for other WMDs was HUGE! I remember my "free" and "liberal" country had essentially created a Super-Virus, capable of being dropped by bombardment, which paralyzed victims in seconds and caused them to convulse and excrete fluids rapidly, essentially spreading the virus.

Oh, and did I mention that the EAU's government, through it's free health care services, made the whole populace of the country immune to the virus secretly? Yeah.

I WISH WE HAD ANOTHER ONE OF THESE!

While Maxalism isn't all that great for those who start at the lowest tiers of their system. Those who can prove their worth to MEDO have it fairly good. Off course some parts are dystopian, bloodsports and ultra-violent football are televised. Slavery is common practice in many MEDO nations if I remember. Though it's mostly just different ranks of citizenship. The lowest of those could be compared to slavery.

The Banner Union is sort of a more evil version of the European Union.

This world is actually pretty advanced, though not in computing power. There are many things that are more advanced in this world than in our though. Biosciences, space colonisation. It's basicly the version of the future that they imagined in the 60's. There is little to no hunger, but the world is consuming resources much faster than OTL.

Also, I seem to have given California the same colour as the Banner Union...

There were five elements of Maxalism if I remember correctly,

The Three Virtues (Strength, Honor, Loyalty) and the Two Vices (Incompetence and Treason). We weren't especially racist, except if you were Chinese, Mayans, or Texans...

Poor Texans.

Pretty dead on, although California was extremely "totalitarian", so much so that it was the self-described ideal of the State. Maxalism thrived because it was reasonably well-managed, and its economics (IG named after JM Keynes) were good. Although by the end, California's economy was growing stagnant and 20 years of Nixon's paranoia had not been kind.

Was rather depressed when the game ended actually, the only time in SW i've ever felt that way as the Commies and Libs finally coordinated to bring down Comintern through voracious "bulemia tactics"... and I was peeling off more SE-Asian Islamic members of the Terrans than they could count.

Good times.

That game was beautiful! I remember playing as Democratic China before it went Commie and then taking Ethiopia(which became the East African Union). Like Augustus said, the race for other WMDs was HUGE! I remember my "free" and "liberal" country had essentially created a Super-Virus, capable of being dropped by bombardment, which paralyzed victims in seconds and caused them to convulse and excrete fluids rapidly, essentially spreading the virus.

Oh, and did I mention that the EAU's government, through it's free health care services, made the whole populace of the country immune to the virus secretly? Yeah.

I WISH WE HAD ANOTHER ONE OF THESE!

Remember the aerocar races we had between your playboy Prince Salassie and my playboy billionaire Hughes?

And everytime I listen to Blondie's Heart of Glass I become nostalgic.

Actually, would rebooting Rebirth of Nations be palpable for a future MG? I would so totally be down.

Remember the aerocar races we had between your playboy Prince Salassie and my playboy billionaire Hughes?

And everytime I listen to Blondie's Heart of Glass I become nostalgic.

Actually, would rebooting Rebirth of Nations be palpable for a future MG? I would so totally be down.

Those vignettes were great! I don't think I had a more enjoyable run in the Shared Worlds forum!

And, in regards to a reboot, yes, please.

So how do Map Games work, exactly? I hear a lot about them, and have considered getting involved, but I'm not clear on what goes on.

Those vignettes were great! I don't think I had a more enjoyable run in the Shared Worlds forum!

And, in regards to a reboot, yes, please.

Hmm... how would we do it? Start it back up in 2014 with the fall of Comintern?

Actually... OMG YES. That works near-perfectly with my 1989 proposal I've been cooking. OMG YES.

---------------------------

Anyways

Phenomenal work Promethean. There were of course a few mistakes here and there (Missed Thailand (and its civil war), some inaccuracies in SE asia) but otherwise friggin awesome.

Then again, by 2014 (the map is 2000), Aceh, South India, PRNEE, PRSEE and Russia were on the verge of glorious implosion.

So how do Map Games work, exactly? I hear a lot about them, and have considered getting involved, but I'm not clear on what goes on.

They're all different. Popular ones include the ASB Geography games (currently dead, but it's fun screwing with a map) and Collaborative Countries (which, basically, you make up countries for a random ATL and take turns).

They're all different. Popular ones include the ASB Geography games (currently dead, but it's fun screwing with a map) and Collaborative Countries (which, basically, you make up countries for a random ATL and take turns).

Well, how did this one everyone's discussing work?

Hmm... how would we do it? Start it back up in 2014 with the fall of Comintern?

Actually... OMG YES. That works near-perfectly with my 1989 proposal I've been cooking. OMG YES.

---------------------------

Anyways

Phenomenal work Promethean. There were of course a few mistakes here and there (Missed Thailand (and its civil war), some inaccuracies in SE asia) but otherwise friggin awesome.

Then again, by 2014 (the map is 2000), Aceh, South India, PRNEE, PRSEE and Russia were on the verge of glorious implosion.

Hmm, I could shake things back up in Brazil with the death of the Dear Leader the Green Revolution's future is in a state of confusion as the next generation of leaders and factions duke it out internal political wise. Not to mention Conservation Death Marches. And station missiles in Brazilian Madagascar.

Last edited:
Ah. I wasn't aware that there was a difference between map games and nation games.
Er, yes, why else would we need two forum sections? In a nation game, you control a nation- or in some cases something else, such as a person or an army unit. You often manage economy, diplomacy, research, and so on. In a map game, there is a map/diagram/etc, and every turn you edit it- all of it, not just a single country.

Alternate 1901 Map

China, German, and Belgian screws.

1901alt1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.