Map Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
A map from my new thread, Empire of a Hundred Millennia, which you can find linked in my signature:
firstdynastyperiod.png

The basic premise is that the mosquito goes extinct in Africa during the time of Australopithecus, malaria with it; giving humanity the boost it needs to kick-start civilization along the banks of the Congo River in ~100,000 BC.

All you've done is take an existing map, fill in some areas with different colours, and add a poorly made key. I'm sorry billydan, but this is not aesthetically appealing or historically interesting.

True, but usually people do more than just filling in areas with different colours.

Here, I deleted a few borders and drew some really bad ones of my own. There is no backstory, because it's completely mindless. Just for you, Krall. Enjoy!

Untitled.png

CNG: Rebirth of Nations

The following map is a detailed rendition of the year 2000 in the SW game CNG Rebirth of Nations.
Major credits to especially Sir Scott, Agentdark and all the other players of this game from 2011. Since I just put this thing together, most of the information was easily available in the associated threads.

Agentdark said:
Essentially, this idea is based on an event, which took place in 1863, a meteor which impacted the earth in what is approximately Koenigsburg, it measured approximately three times the power of the Tunguska event, which itself was massive (but in Siberia).

There is, naturally ensuing chaos in much of Central Europe, as well as in the entire northern hemisphere, which is plunged into darkness for 40 years (or rather, there is no summer for 40 years).

This is NOT the massive hemisphere destroying event of the Peshawar Lancers, but enough to force Europeans to leave the continent in large numbers and enough that when the game begins in 1905 (approximately 52 years after the event), Europe is neither ahead of nor behind the rest of the world.

What nations did to survive, or what happened in the years between 1863 and 1905 is the choice of players. Technology is at 1880ish levels, but can be interpreted at a later stage.

Sir Scott said:
The Tri-Polar World
An influential political scientist from Oxford University has recently published a major tome that is making waves across the political environment. Professor Alfred Barnes, a distinguished historian and political observer is one of the first of his profession to describe what he calls the “macro-political phenomena” whereby the governments of the world are falling increasingly into well-defined ideological camps. He charts the rise of Maxalism and Communism from their birth after the Texan war through the Isthmian conflicts to the present day. His work marks the culmination of a decade of political turmoil that has divided the globe, and which has had a marked effect on civilian attitudes. Whereas until recently the various states could communicate freely regardless of their ideology , without fear of repression or consequence , the globalisation of the economy in the 1930s and the shift towards total/global scale warfare now means that no nation is entirely safe from another , especially those that could call upon their friends and the resources of half a continent. As a result the late 40s was an age of radicalisation (“Better dead than Red”), where the three great political systems staked out their claims and began to cut contacts with each other. Dominating the western hemisphere, the Maxalist camp forms the best armed camp, though their economy is mediocre and their levels of social control vary considerably. Facing them in the old world are the so called “liberal Democracies” that control most of Europe, Africa and Australasia. Though their commitment to liberalism varies considerably most of the states in these regions at least pay lip service to the individual rights of man and the free-market economy. Though nowhere near as unified as their opponents in the Americas or Asia, the liberals have the most vibrant economy of the three. The final camp, centred largely on China and Russia, is that of communism. The youngest of the ideologies and with a poor economic base, communism still manages to retain a lion’s share of both human and physical resources, whilst having lacklustre military strength and a breadbasket economy. As these political religions have grown more defined so has the public perception of their place in the world. No longer will trade deals between the spheres be tolerated, and travel between the separate worlds will be rare as the curtains of paranoia and mistrust settle in.As Prof. Barnes puts it; "From Helsinki to Hong Kong and from Iceland to the Antarctic , a pair of Iron curtains have descended upon the world , and I fear they may not rise again in my lifetime"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Here, I deleted a few borders and drew some really bad ones of my own. There is no backstory, because it's completely mindless. Just for you, Krall. Enjoy!
To be fair, this makes a good deal more sense. Italy has a lot of what it wanted during the OTL Second Great War, minus bits of France. Ireland- Limerick Soviet, on a wider scale. Also Belarus-Lithuania. Sweden-Norway. In the end, a bad map, but not that bad. No, what really irks me is Billy's tendency to not distinguish between international and internal borders, as you should see.

To be fair, this makes a good deal more sense. Italy has a lot of what it wanted during the OTL Second Great War, minus bits of France. Ireland- Limerick Soviet, on a wider scale. Also Belarus-Lithuania. Sweden-Norway. In the end, a bad map, but not that bad. No, what really irks me is Billy's tendency to not distinguish between international and internal borders, as you should see.

What TL did you say you were from again?

Any world where the Americas follow an ideology represented by Hydra must be a pretty dystopian crapsack.

EDIT: Banner Union? WDF?

While Maxalism isn't all that great for those who start at the lowest tiers of their system. Those who can prove their worth to MEDO have it fairly good. Off course some parts are dystopian, bloodsports and ultra-violent football are televised. Slavery is common practice in many MEDO nations if I remember. Though it's mostly just different ranks of citizenship. The lowest of those could be compared to slavery.

The Banner Union is sort of a more evil version of the European Union.

This world is actually pretty advanced, though not in computing power. There are many things that are more advanced in this world than in our though. Biosciences, space colonisation. It's basicly the version of the future that they imagined in the 60's. There is little to no hunger, but the world is consuming resources much faster than OTL.

Also, I seem to have given California the same colour as the Banner Union...

Finished It. The New Mexican States

This little bugger was more work than it should have been, but getting all of the flags and TACOS scheme right was down right annoying. But I am proud of the final product. BTW anyone want to make this thing look more presentable with Photoshop or something to that degree feel free.

If you haven't already read the map, this bad boy is set in the year 1900.

POD is Santa Ana died fighting Bustamante in 1823 and shit just went sideways. Mariano Vallejo was able to pull the Californios together and pooled their resources with Texas. Without Santa Ana leading the armies and a rather inept central government the rebelling states are able to secure their independence.

Vallejo signs a deal with the U.S. where he sells the most of the northern bits of the Alta California and stuff and gives the U.S. some tariff free access to their ports and the U.S. wont invade anytime soon. It did help though that some shiny gold was discovered in the U.S. side of things.

The mother of all timelines will go up on my deviantart once i transfer it from paper to computer.

Questions, comments, I am open.

United States of New Mexico.png

This little bugger was more work than it should have been, but getting all of the flags and TACOS scheme right was down right annoying. But I am proud of the final product. BTW anyone want to make this thing look more presentable with Photoshop or something to that degree feel free.

If you haven't already read the map, this bad boy is set in the year 1900.

POD is Santa Ana died fighting Bustamante in 1823 and shit just went sideways. Mariano Vallejo was able to pull the Californios together and pooled their resources with Texas. Without Santa Ana leading the armies and a rather inept central government the rebelling states are able to secure their independence.

Vallejo signs a deal with the U.S. where he sells the most of the northern bits of the Alta California and stuff and gives the U.S. some tariff free access to their ports and the U.S. wont invade anytime soon. It did help though that some shiny gold was discovered in the U.S. side of things.

The mother of all timelines will go up on my deviantart once i transfer it from paper to computer.

Very nice looking map.

I am curious how Guyana has ended up with its OTL boundary - with a less prominant and seemingly less interventionist USA wouldnt a boundary closer to something like the Schomburgk Line ? Perhaps even a totally different border given it wasnt finalist until well after PoD.

When did it lose all that land to Peru?

We had a war around the early 1940s and got our asses kicked. The US offered to serve as the third party in negotiating peace terms. In exchange for ending the war, we had to give up claim to the Amazon.

When did it lose all that land to Peru?

It didn't. Its just the projection. I made sure and double checked. Its got the same borders its had since forever.

Very nice looking map.

I am curious how Guyana has ended up with its OTL boundary - with a less prominant and seemingly less interventionist USA wouldnt a boundary closer to something like the Schomburgk Line ? Perhaps even a totally different border given it wasnt finalist until well after PoD.

I feel a little bad about that one. Since the area of focus was the Mexico area I kinda skimped on the outlying areas. It may very well be, but at the time it just seemed like a good idea to go with the OTL borer until some serious British ass kicking gets laid out.

It didn't. Its just the projection. I made sure and double checked. Its got the same borders its had since forever.
That's not correct at all! Ecuador and Peru hate eachother very much, and the border has jumped all over the bloody place many times. Just look, and you'll see all of the nice arms and wiggly bits Peru has had, and all of the bizarre pseudo-triangles and bits Ecuador has had.

I like very much. I hope Texas-Cali relations stay warm. What are the political climates of each like, and how about relations with the rest of the Americas (specifically Mexico)?

How did Cuba get its independence ITTL?

Looking forward to the TL; please keep us updated in here when you post it.

That's not correct at all! Ecuador and Peru hate eachother very much, and the border has jumped all over the bloody place many times. Just look, and you'll see all of the nice arms and wiggly bits Peru has had, and all of the bizarre pseudo-triangles and bits Ecuador has had.

I just did a quick google search of this and my head already hurts. they need to get there shit straight because cartographers must have shat bricks every time they got into a fight.

I like very much. I hope Texas-Cali relations stay warm. What are the political climates of each like, and how about relations with the rest of the Americas (specifically Mexico)?

How did Cuba get its independence ITTL?

Looking forward to the TL; please keep us updated in here when you post it.

They have been good buddies since helping each other out back in the good old days. As of right now Mexico is scaring the shit out of them.

Unlike its OTL Soviet counterpart the Mexican communist government will throw support behind anyone who is trying to overthrow imperialism/occupation so long as they don't forget good old Mexico for al the help.

And thank you my good sir.

CNG: Rebirth of Nations

The following map is a detailed rendition of the year 2000 in the SW game CNG Rebirth of Nations.
Major credits to especially Sir Scott, Agentdark and all the other players of this game from 2011. Since I just put this thing together, most of the information was easily available in the associated threads.

Now that, brings back memories.

You failed to mention the most unique factor of that game: it was physically impossible to make nuclear weapons. And with there being no nuclear weapons, this lead to a HUGE race for different WMDs. The Communists in Russia focused on using biological weapons (if I recall correctly), the Maxalists developed space lasers, and the Liberal powers (with Egypt and Bharat surprisingly leading the project) developed Kinetic bombardment weapons.

That was probably the best modern game I've ever played.

And who forget Jimi Hamas, the famous musician who rocked Egypt, and eventually the world with his righteous rocking beat! :p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.