Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Just to be sure, does the permanent part of the relocation prevents wartime capital change? Does it also apply if the map is from a perspective during that war (where the outcome isn’t known so the relocation can be permanent or not)?

Just to be sure, does the permanent part of the relocation prevents wartime capital change? Does it also apply if the map is from a perspective during that war (where the outcome isn’t known so the relocation can be permanent or not)?
I'm going to say that the key is that the change must be *intended* to be permanent, whether it actually ends up being so or not.

I'm going to say that the key is that the change must be *intended* to be permanent, whether it actually ends up being so or not.
Or perhaps alternately, it wasn't intended to be permanent, but it ended up being permanent anyway.

Like Bonn in the 20th century.

Almost. It came so close to being permanent.

How do you post a large image file (2mb or so)
Upload it somewhere else than this forum (because its upload tool sucks a lot), imgur, deviantart, whatever, then click on the image button and add a direct link to the picture.

Note that it may not work for very large pictures, but we're talking those that are 50 MB+

Also yeah i'll try to put out a map for the current contest.

First of all, new threads are up!

MotF 201: Abandon Big Ben - Voting Thread
MotF 202: Dust to Dust - Entry Thread

Second of all, congratulations to @TheKutKu for crushing MotF 200 with that awesome map of Walchéren as a sort of reverse Hong Kong!

Third, I am always looking for suggestions for future contest topics! Here are some I am considering; if you like any of these or have others to suggest, let me know!
  • A Crown From The Gutter - Make a map showing a new dynasty or royal house established with strong popular support.
  • Caveat Emptor - Make a map showing the purchase of a territory or the consequences of that purchase.
  • The City That Never Was - Make a map showing an alternate city or an alternate version of a city that exists in OTL.

What's the threshold for apocalyptic? Can it be apocalyptic for a single country/region (like Eastern Europe under Generalplan Ost) or does it have to be a near- worldwide calamity?

What's the threshold for apocalyptic? Can it be apocalyptic for a single country/region (like Eastern Europe under Generalplan Ost) or does it have to be a near- worldwide calamity?
Let's stick to near-worldwide calamities for this one. (Though obviously the map can focus on a single country or region that has been affected by broader events.)

One challenge down, five to go.

Backstop? What Backstop? (aka Greener Pastures II, a re-run of MotF 98)
Make a map showing a legal discrepancy between countries that prompts related border traffic.

The Boy Who Lived
Make a map of a country with its former political system surviving to the present day.

I Love You, You Pay My Rent

Make a map of a fiscal redistribution scheme.

Making The Best Of An Awkward Situation
Make a map of a place, project or other endeavor that has been abandoned by the group that started it.

Our Father's Father Says That Things Were Better Then
Make a map depicting an attempted or successful socio-economic or socio-cultural political backlash. (Wahhabi-influenced Political Islam? Chavista Venezuela? Western World Alt-Right? You name it!)