Let The Eagle Scream!

Does America enter WWI?

• Yes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder will British torture and aggression will unite Hindu and Muslim far more solidly than we see in canon, British divide and rule was a balancing act, now it is no longer true. Is Gandhi still alive? Will he see influence of radical's in congress?

I wonder will British torture and aggression will unite Hindu and Muslim far more solidly than we see in canon, British divide and rule was a balancing act, now it is no longer true. Is Gandhi still alive? Will he see influence of radical's in congress?
Hoh yeah, if nothing else, this could cause them to UNITE as one. A fact which is rare in Indian history.

[

In Serbia, Unitism took power under the totalitarian "Serbian Unitist Committee," led by Slobodan Milosevic. The Committee looked to the medieval Serbian Empire as their period of "rightful national splendor," and were violently committed to forming "Greater Serbia," and ethnically cleansing those that were considered undesirable....
serbia.jpg

Its Time To Remove Kebab

This is a joke BTW, I am not a fascist

So here's the thing about India. At the time, on the surface, brutality won't increase that much in India, so divide and conquer will still work to a degree. However, after the war, certain documents will be discovered indicating that the British caused certain incidents... on purpose. Look up the Bengal Famine for an idea. Plus, after the war there will be things that happen in India that will cause division.

Gandhi is still alive, albeit born later and with certain differences. You'll have to wait to see what he pulls off.

Hoh yeah, if nothing else, this could cause them to UNITE as one. A fact which is rare in Indian history.

The 1919 Rising saw them unite for a time, but as the British toned it back down, the unity faded.

I wonder if between Unitists and the UOCS extreme religiousness will be stigmatized in this TL the same way the USSR stigmatized atheism in OTL

Religious fundamentalism will be more frowned upon than OTL, but it won't be that bad. Think no super powerful Religious Right (at least not one that's as radical).

Austro-Hungarian Empire Officially Dissolved, New States Created in Balkans and Elsewhere
Austro-Hungarian Empire Officially Dissolved, New States Created in Balkans and Elsewhere

May 13th, 1933- It's official ladies and gentlemen. The Austro-Hungarian Empire was proclaimed dead in Berlin this morning at 10am. The crumbling nation had been facing severe turmoil since the end of the Great War, with German soldiers frequently intervening in the nation. Finally, Kaiser Wilhelm has pulled the plug, with the consent of the Austro-Hungarian government, and the House of Hapsburg. New borders have been drawn in the region.

The Kingdom of Italy has acquired Istria and the Croatian coast up to Dubrovnik. This is to be "late compensation" for Italy's efforts in the Great War, and the German Kaiser said in a public statement "A strong Italy is good for Germany." Parts of the nation in Eastern Europe have been broken off into the Provisional West Ukraine Republic, and a timetable for integration into Ukraine proper has been set. The nation's concession in Tianjin has been ceded to Germany. Hungary has been spun off as an independent Kingdom, as has Czechoslovakia. The remaining Balkan territories, comprised of Croatians, Bosnians, and Slovenians, have been united into the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. Austria proper has been annexed into Germany proper, with the House of Hapsburg agreeing to swear fealty to the House of Hollenzollern. Eventually, the two families plan to unite in marriage, as Princess Sofia of the Hapsburgs shall marry Prince Eitel of Hollenzollern.

Last edited:
Ok I just found this and got through WWI. No way in hell the US doesn't take a piece of Canada at the end of that war.

This TL is if a little stale on butterflies by this point (I.e. end of WWI), is fairly well written.

Ok just caught up, yeah. WWII ITL is going to bloody as hell. Given how this TL has gone in what I seen so far, this I expect will become standard SOP in the early 21st cenutry in gif form

nuke-it-from-orbit-gif-1.gif

Why did the collapse of the Austria Hungary lead to so many republics? Wouldn't Germany seek to establish kingdoms with German rulers who depend on Germany for their continued existence.

In France, the nation fell to the "French Unitist Action Party," under the command of WWI hero Maurice Pujo. Pujo was a charismatic figure, who promised France a "national renewal" and to spread the "glory of French culture" across the world. His regime was an explicit Bonapartist revival, and used Napoleon's eagle motif everywhere. The Napoleonic era, according to Pujo, was the only time in French history that the nation took its "rightful place" as master of Europe and the world. Another key attribute of French Unitism was its lack of racism compared to most other movements. The movement was cultural, not racial, and as long as someone learned French, adopted Catholicism, and generally assimilated to French culture, "it matters not whether they be a Negro, a North African, or a White." This caused tension with their fellow Unitists...

Oddly enough, without any of the living Bonapartes involved.

Also, can we have a Muslim general who historically was well-known for how he detested Reds and liked women, song, and ice cream be a major Chinese leader ITTL (or at least an expy of him):
aiaTQXi.png

Ok I just found this and got through WWI. No way in hell the US doesn't take a piece of Canada at the end of that war.

This TL is if a little stale on butterflies by this point (I.e. end of WWI), is fairly well written.

Thanks for the praise and constructive criticism!

I'll be the first to admit, my knowledge of WWI was a bit rusty when I was writing, so I stuck pretty closely to OTL out of fear of doing something stupid.

As for butterflies, since this is my first "serious" (non-ASB) TL, that's just my lack of experience shining through. I hope the coming updates really show butterflies.

Ok just caught up, yeah. WWII ITL is going to bloody as hell. Given how this TL has gone in what I seen so far, this I expect will become standard SOP in the early 21st cenutry in gif form

nuke-it-from-orbit-gif-1.gif

WWII will definitely be worse than OTL, but at the same time, other atrocities of the 20th century (Great Leap Forward, Khmer Rouge, etc) don't happen, so I think it can balance out overall.

Why did the collapse of the Austria Hungary lead to so many republics? Wouldn't Germany seek to establish kingdoms with German rulers who depend on Germany for their continued existence.

I should have typed kingdoms! I was writing this on the way to a church event and I guess my mind defaulted to OTL as I was writing because I was distracted. Will fix..

Last edited: