Idea: What if Venezuela never declared independence against Spain?

Basic rundown:
-Gran Colombia never exists and instead Columbia compromises of Panama, Columbia, and Ecuador
-Venezuela given protectorate status in 1864
-Venezuelan crisis of 1895 escalates into a more global conflict; Anglo-Spanish war
-Anglo-Spanish war occurs; US & UK v Spain & Venezuela
-US adds Cuba as the 46th state
-UK and US annex Venezuela
-Spain has a communist revolution in 1909 due to instability
-Spain fights on the central powers' side despite disagreeing with Germany. The only join to get revenge
- US Joins WWI in 1915 because of Spanish naval invasions in North Carolina
-WWI ends in 1921
-Spain undergoes extreme regime changes over the 1920s and 30s but ultimately becomes Fascist
-Spain stays out of WWII up until the invasion of France
-Spain loses in 1943 to an 'Operation Avalanche' style invasion at Valencia

That is all I have came up with at the moment but feel free to add to the timeline or ask questions.

Edit:
- Spain focuses more on its colonies and maintains relative peace until 1864
- Revolutions throughout the colonies causes Spain to give them independence or protectorate status

Last edited:
Assuming geopolitics are otherwise roughly similar up until the 1890s (a big assumption), I think the USA would take Venezuela during the Spanish-American war like we took Puerto Rico.

Well, if Venezuela somehow remains loyal to Madrid after 1808, then the wars of independence in Latin America would have been quite different from OTL to say the least. It could allow Spain perhaps to focus more on Rio de la Plata, which would mean that the Buenos Aires government would have a much harder time trying to establish its control over the vast pampas . While they would probably succeed in this, it would cost the rebels much more in terms of men and money; Spain would probably manage to maintain control over Alto Peru and perhaps manage to hang on Montevideo and Banda Oriental past 1814, both of which would allow it to play a much more active role in the internal disputes of the early United Provinces of Rio de la Plata by fomenting secessionist sentiments in the provinces. An easier war in Latin America, with the UPRP as the sole major enemy, could also allow Ferdinand VII to consolidate his position in Spain somewhat more and avoid events such as the pronunciamento of 1820 and the liberal triennium.

(not an expert on South American history of the period, so feel free to correct).

Assuming geopolitics are otherwise roughly similar up until the 1890s (a big assumption), I think the USA would take Venezuela during the Spanish-American war like we took Puerto Rico.
Occupying a big region in the mainland of South America is quite different than occupying a Caribbean island. I think something like what happened in Panama (the US helping it win independence) is more realistic.

Yes, but i think that Venezuela would be split between the US and UK instead of full american occupation or at least them occupying Maracaibo or another port city.