How Silent Fall the Cherry Blossoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Hitler as a modern pharon, yes it will probably like it ...btw it will be ironic if after all the trouble to conceil the vault, some decades from there it will be found due to some work for a tunnel rail.

Seems like Hitler will be busy for the next few hundred years. :D

That said, I guess this is not yet the end?

I am really interested in what post war Europe will look like...

Wow, OTL Hitler would be jealous of his TTL counterpart. Instead of just a basement and some gasoline, he gets a tomb complex and legit human sacrifices.

Also, good to see him get his just desserts in the afterlife.

Wow Hitler as a modern pharon, yes it will probably like it ...btw it will be ironic if after all the trouble to conceil the vault, some decades from there it will be found due to some work for a tunnel rail.

More to the point (and as I earlier pointed out in this TL):
Frederick [Barbarossa] is the subject of many legends, including that of a sleeping hero, like the much older British Celtic legends of Arthur or Bran the Blessed. Legend says he is not dead, but asleep with his knights in a cave in the Kyffhäuser mountain in Thuringia or Mount Untersberg in Bavaria, Germany, and that when the ravens cease to fly around the mountain he will awake and restore Germany to its ancient greatness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_I,_Holy_Roman_Emperor
actually, this got conflated with legends of Frederick II Hohenstaufen, as well.

Sickening that Hitler would latch on to 2 of my more favorite medieval historical personages. :mad:

I can just see it now. There people will be, talking about Justin Bieber's world tour when some guy building a train tunnel will stumble upon Ol'Adolf and the Missus.

The only ay Hitlers death could have been any better have been if the cyanide had only partially worked leaving him conscious but paralysed.

Sad... In that there was far more control, and far less desperation surrounding his final days. Still, one hell of a TL. You wrote a great one, Geon.

Garrison

Donor
Its looking very much like the A-bomb won't be used in this war; which raises the ugly question of when and where it will be used. As for Hitler's fate well I'm an atheist but for him I'll make an exception. :)

Wow, just wow, don't think the Allies would nuke the vault when they learn where it is, more likely use thousands of SS prisoners to dig Hitler up and then grind all the artefacts down for gravel!!

I'm just sorry that Speer didn't face a war crimes court, his role in Trojan Victory would have meant he wouldn't have avoided the gallows.

Last edited:
I was not expecting that. Wonderful and fitting afterlife for Herr Hitler feeling all the pain he gave to his millions of victims. Wonder who`s going to find that tomb?

I was not expecting that. Wonderful and fitting afterlife for Herr Hitler feeling all the pain he gave to his millions of victims. Wonder who`s going to find that tomb?

My money's on the CIA, who then proceed to loot the tomb like a DnD party to fund shady operations in Latin America.

If you want to be really dark and morbid, have Hitler sealed up inside and then shoot himself...only for the gun to jam.

When his tomb his discovered, they find his skeleton gnawing on a stolen Rembrandt or something decades later.

And Goering implements his escape plan!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: April 16, 1945
Time: 7:30 p.m.

It was past time to go Hermann Goering decided. For the past four months he had been putting the final touches to his escape plan. The destruction in December of most of the Luftwaffe in the air battle over Belgium had been the final straw. It was now clear the Reich would not last perhaps even until the summer. Thus Hermann Goering prepared to implement his escape plan.

Over the last few months he had secretly ordered that his horde of stolen art objects and treasure “collected,” from all over Europe be moved from its hiding places throughout Germany to Switzerland. He had contacted the Swiss and they had agreed to, for a fee, ensure that Goering’s fortune be protected within a Swiss bank. Millions of dollars worth of rare art objects and gold from the plundered countries would disappear into Swiss vaults under accounts which only had numbers, not names. The Swiss were the most careful and secure bankers on Earth. The fortune he now stored away would be enough to keep him and his family for the rest of their lives.

Now, as evening came Goering put on a flight/pressure suit specially made for him. For the thousandth time he blessed the Luftwaffe doctor who had helped him to lose the weight he needed and gotten him healthy enough for this. Then he and his valet drove out to an airfield that had been specially built on his mansion’s grounds for this moment. There on a field stood a Feisler 156 a small reconnaissance plane used by the Swiss and painted with Swiss markings.

Goering was an aviator first and last. He loved flight. He was determined not to simply slink into hiding across the border but to do so in a way that even if he was caught would be a fitting end for a World War I ace. The Feisler been stripped of all weaponry to make it all the faster. Goering would pilot the Feisler across the border and then land at a field to be met by his cohorts in Switzerland. The Swiss would undoubtedly spot him but they would think he was one of their own. Once he landed the plan was to destroy the aircraft and cover his tracks. New identity papers were all ready for him he was assured by the carefully bribed Swiss authorities who were helping in this deception. Within a few days he would be reunited with his wife and daughter and within a month if all went well they would all have new identities and be on their way to a new life elsewhere.

A final check by Goering showed everything was ready. The ground crew began to rev up the engines and Goering strapped into the cockpit tossed a last salute to his household staff and the ground crew. Goering had given orders that his home in Berchtesgaden was to remain open. He was certain the Americans would be the ones to take it and he decided that he would leave his vintage collection of wines for them. The soldiers just might appreciate such a gesture.

The plane began to roll down the air strip, and in moments it was airborne. It disappeared toward the south into the clouds quickly. It was the last time anyone would see Reichsmarshall Hermann Goering for many years.

Did he poison the wine?

Geon

Donor
Did he poison the wine?

No, but Goering is just fixated enough on the idea of honor he may feel the victors deserve the spoils, in this case his wine cellar.

I am attempting here to allow for a certain scene some of you may remember from "Band of Brothers," to actually occur.

Geon

No, but Goering is just fixated enough on the idea of honor he may feel the victors deserve the spoils, in this case his wine cellar.

I am attempting here to allow for a certain scene some of you may remember from "Band of Brothers," to actually occur.

Geon

That was exactly what I pictured reading that! I was even gonna mention it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.