How Silent Fall the Cherry Blossoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speer seems to have been an intelligent guy, unless he knew his family were in custody, I can't see him turning up voluntarily.....we've already seen Goering getting out.

I wonder if there will be many leaders left to go on trial at Nuremberg.

Not many of the senior Nazi political leadership, apparently. Be nice if they got Goebbels alive. And Goering, eventually.

I fear to inquire how the Holocaust plays out in this TL (I suspect that somehow it is even worse) but probably there will be a fair amount of officials involved who survive as they did OTL. Ripe for trial, whether at Nuremburg (or its substitute) or picked up (or off) by the Mossad, eventually.

Mighty good.

And a VERY fitting punishment for Hitler. I like to think he and some others are actually getting this punishment as we speak.

I don't believe the vault will be undiscovered for long. People wanting to curry favor with the Allied occupation forces will tell them about unusual goings-on in the area. Since the Allies don't have Hitler they'll check it out and find the redoubt.

Fantastic!

I think it would be GREAT if the tomb goes undiscovered for generations. Too bad he didn't have time to lay a false tomb beforehand...

I can see the tomb dismissed as another urban/war legend, and then discovered YEARS later, if not generations...

Tovarich

Banned
.....Since the Allies don't have Hitler they'll check it out and find the redoubt.

But I think the plot is that the Allies will think they do have Hitler, because of the ringer.

Hmm, thinking about it, that could make for some interesting scenes in TTL's future once DNA-testing is invented; the plotters may have fixed what forensic evidence is available at the time (eg, altered dental records), but they'll not have been able to fix that one.

Putting aside the astounding developments in Geon's last posts (love the divine justice btw), has anyone thought about what may happen in Asia down the line?

China doesn't seem to have turned out much different than OTL but a unified Korea has fairly large implications. Without a Korean War the US and other larger powers won't have as much of a vested interest in providing aid. Korea won't be devastated and won't get as much money and resources from the US because it won't be seen as constantly being in the crosshairs of a crazy militarist regime.

This in turn may well slow down Japan's recovery. Again, no urgent need to defeat an enemy as well as less people and resources passing through mean that the country won't be building things up to accommodate as quickly.

Japan's culture is also going to be a bit different too. Apart from a LOT more men surviving (i.e. everyone who would have died at Iwo Jima and Okinawa) the nuclear bombs greatly altered their culture. No nukes mean no Godzilla (or giant monsters at all perhaps), fewer anime/manga/movies revolving around an apocalyptic setting, and an overall less of a view as being victimized in the war (although the chemical warfare on the cities may keep this idea going).

Last of all, Geon has inadvertently taken away some of the mystique around the Marine Corps. Keep in mind that there was no grueling fighting on Iwo Jima or Okinawa. There was no symbolic flag raising atop Mt. Suribachi. They haven't even faced chemical weapons here. With everything that has happened here (and with the Nazi's somehow apparently turning the hills and plains of Germany into something akin to attacking Kyushu a la Operation Downfall) it's the US Army that gets the biggest bragging rights out of this war.

My thoughts at least.

China being divided between a Communist Manchuria and a Republican China Proper will certainly have profound effects. For one, the inhabitants of "Manchuria" will continue to see themselves as Chinese. In fact, the name "Manchuria" itself is dubious, as the very word "Manchuria" (滿洲) by this time was obsolete in Chinese usage (Manchus thought themselves to be Chinese) and in the rare case that it did appear it was almost always to refer to the Japanese puppet, with the prefix "fake".

Putting aside the astounding developments in Geon's last posts (love the divine justice btw), has anyone thought about what may happen in Asia down the line?

China doesn't seem to have turned out much different than OTL but a unified Korea has fairly large implications. Without a Korean War the US and other larger powers won't have as much of a vested interest in providing aid. Korea won't be devastated and won't get as much money and resources from the US because it won't be seen as constantly being in the crosshairs of a crazy militarist regime.

This in turn may well slow down Japan's recovery. Again, no urgent need to defeat an enemy as well as less people and resources passing through mean that the country won't be building things up to accommodate as quickly.

Japan's culture is also going to be a bit different too. Apart from a LOT more men surviving (i.e. everyone who would have died at Iwo Jima and Okinawa) the nuclear bombs greatly altered their culture. No nukes mean no Godzilla (or giant monsters at all perhaps), fewer anime/manga/movies revolving around an apocalyptic setting, and an overall less of a view as being victimized in the war (although the chemical warfare on the cities may keep this idea going).

Last of all, Geon has inadvertently taken away some of the mystique around the Marine Corps. Keep in mind that there was no grueling fighting on Iwo Jima or Okinawa. There was no symbolic flag raising atop Mt. Suribachi. They haven't even faced chemical weapons here. With everything that has happened here (and with the Nazi's somehow apparently turning the hills and plains of Germany into something akin to attacking Kyushu a la Operation Downfall) it's the US Army that gets the biggest bragging rights out of this war.

My thoughts at least.

It may be a little early to tell about Japanese and Korean development. If the Cold War sets in Japan and Korea will be useful US bases. Also, Japan will be rebuilding after the war.

Far as the Marine Corps goes, while there was no Iwo Jima or Okinawa there was Guadalcanal, Saipan, Peleliu, Wake, and a number of other battles. Believe there will be bragging rights for all the services.

It may be a little early to tell about Japanese and Korean development. If the Cold War sets in Japan and Korea will be useful US bases. Also, Japan will be rebuilding after the war.

Far as the Marine Corps goes, while there was no Iwo Jima or Okinawa there was Guadalcanal, Saipan, Peleliu, Wake, and a number of other battles. Believe there will be bragging rights for all the services.
I meant more along the lines of they won't be as full of themselves. Then again I'm biased, I have family and friends in the Army and none in the Marines. :p

I meant more along the lines of they won't be as full of themselves. Then again I'm biased, I have family and friends in the Army and none in the Marines. :p

It was James Forrestal who said "The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next 500 years." Without that symbol the Marines have less ammunition in the incessant inter-service rivalry that exists with the Army and even with the Navy.

China being divided between a Communist Manchuria and a Republican China Proper will certainly have profound effects. For one, the inhabitants of "Manchuria" will continue to see themselves as Chinese. In fact, the name "Manchuria" itself is dubious, as the very word "Manchuria" (滿洲) by this time was obsolete in Chinese usage (Manchus thought themselves to be Chinese) and in the rare case that it did appear it was almost always to refer to the Japanese puppet, with the prefix "fake".

Which probably means that when the Cold War does end, the Guomindang will make damned sure that they get to reunify with what everyone calls the Northeast.

Great ending, it reminded me of an Adam Sadlier film Little Nickey and the Hitler scene

7fd591_552771.jpg

Archibald

Banned
The only ay Hitlers death could have been any better have been if the cyanide had only partially worked leaving him conscious but paralysed.

Seconded. What Geon describes could happens as hallucinations driving him crazy. Kudos if that lasted for some hours and days. Kind of self inflicted torture , at least no one had dirty hands in the process.

Stunning update, riveting. At some point I believed Hitler planned to live in his cave for long years, a bit like what happens in that Kusturica Underground movie. :eek:

Fate of Nazi bigshots

Speaking only cinematically, I wonder what the outcome would had been if Indy Jones had allowed the Lost Ark to continue on to Berlin to be opened there?

Here is my sketch of Hitler mausoleum and Vault

It's defecto a war Bunker with luxurious funerary chamber interior.
the corridor on down left side is the access tunnel with 4 large vault door,
here lies the remains of Wehrmacht squad with 20 Dachau KZ prisoners.
the First Dome is the Ehrentempel with 16 sarcophagi of martyrs from the Beer Hall Putsch,
In middle stand a altar on it the revised copy of Mein Kampf, and the the “blood flag” of the movement.
a big door 3 by 6 meter hight let to the "Halle der Ehrenwache der SS" the Hall of Guardians.
a huge room with each conner, a giant stature of Hitler beloved sculptor Arno Breker and Josef Thorak
and ten marble slabs were remains of the 10 SS-Ehrengardisten lies.
again a big door 3 by 6 meter hight let to the...

Hitler mausoleum is dome in size of room inside the Dome of Invalid (Paris) were Napoleon Bonaparte is entombed.
Adolf sarcophagi is of curse bigger as Napoleons, but it's two person version.
Hitler and his wife reach the sarcophagi by bridgework who is remove by SS guards after sarcophagi is sealed

the Vault
Is 11 tunnels of 25 meter length, 6 meter wide and 10 meter high,
each one is crammed full with crate with: art work, Gold, diamonds, but also hardware, blue prints, documents and manual for those germans who find this.

HitlerVault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.