Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

@Geekhis Khan
In my TL As Dreamers Do Part Deux, I have Hurricane Katrina coming up. I figured there was no way to butterfly natural disasters without getting into ASB territory.

If Katrina hasn't been addressed yet, how will that situation be handled in the Hensonverse?
Actually natural disasters like hurricanes was the original idea behind the concept of the Butterfly Effect:
Wikipedia said:
The term is closely associated with the work of mathematician and meteorologist Edward Norton Lorenz. He noted that the butterfly effect is derived from the metaphorical example of the details of a tornado (the exact time of formation, the exact path taken) being influenced by minor perturbations such as a distant butterfly flapping its wings several weeks earlier. Lorenz originally used a seagull causing a storm but was persuaded to make it more poetic with the use of butterfly and tornado by 1972.[1][2] Lorenz discovered the effect when he observed runs of his weather model with initial condition data that were rounded in a seemingly inconsequential manner. He noted that the weather model would fail to reproduce the results of runs with the unrounded initial condition data. A very small change in initial conditions had created a significantly different outcome.[3]

Right, but I heard another user on another thread say that a "running gag" on a lot of threads have Katrina being weaker or dissipating before it reaches New Orleans.

IOTL, I was on summer vacation right before my senior year of high school in California when Katrina struck. At my school, we did have a few kids who evacuated with their families.

Right, but I heard another user on another thread say that a "running gag" on a lot of threads have Katrina being weaker or dissipating before it reaches New Orleans.

IOTL, I was on summer vacation right before my senior year of high school in California when Katrina struck. At my school, we did have a few kids who evacuated with their families.
You could have it take a different track, hitting somewhere else than New Orleans.

I figured there was no way to butterfly natural disasters without getting into ASB territory.
Actually, the green energy actions, greater then IOTL means anthropognic climate change will be a few degrees less servere, snd thus those disasters (hurricaines, floods, fires) will be slightly smaller, enoiugh to cause butterfly effect.

Deleted member 165942

So according to this Subreddit the following songs have a Queen vibe to them:
Of course all of them came out a decade or more after Freddie Mercury died OTL but still do you agree:
(To me The Darkness seem very Queen like as a whole)
Also can you think of any songs that came out between 1991 and 2000 that could have been Queen songs?
Grace Kelly is a very Mika song though, apparently he wrote it after being rejected so many times for not fitting in what people wanted as in his words "Indies feel like I was too melody focused while the mainstream found me too weird" and then when his record label told him they were trying to make his style and music like Craig David (a popular singer in Britain at the time), he had enough and wrote the song partly based on his frustrations and partly as a satire of artists that had changed their image to be popular.

On a side note, I feel like a living Freddie Mercury might take a young Mika under his wing as the two have pretty similar styles and images.

Also I feel like the Queen vibe was Mika mocking everyone that were saying he was like Freddie, heck he even reference it in the song (So I tried a little Freddie).

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's take the X-Men costuming over to the other thread folks.

The Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary thread: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/hensonverse-speculation-and-commentary.529158/
How about something like this as costuming:
ddcl93n-b8b0d6a8-006f-410e-be9e-d9eabcdecdc3.png
ddckt3o-ea4d01d3-40e7-4ee9-aa5d-6bd34ff11e58.png
dfaz3s0-898b8bae-e650-4cf0-a96c-84d02fd80ba6.png
dfaz1hl-c3640b6d-aab2-47da-a098-a183ce19bd98.png
dfayzym-23d3745b-4613-406e-9c06-622b7af982c2.png

My X-Men designs (Angel, Marvel Girl/Phoenix, Beast, Iceman, Cyclops, Professor X, Wolverine, Storm, Ariel/ShadowCat, Nightcrawler)
I did two versions of Wolverine to show off the color scheme of both of his costumes
I did multiple hair styles for Storm, I personally would love to see Pam Grier rocking a mohawk
I did Kitty just in her Ariel colors but if you guys want I do one in her ShadowCat colors

I wonder if anything can be done with Marine World Africa/USA. Iotl it was bought out by Six Flsgs and turned from a zoo to a theme park.
Link

I've been going through the first and second halves of this Hensonverse (A Hippie in the House of Mouse and When you Wish Upon a Frog) from Geekhis Khan. Columbia is a lot larger in this universe than Peach Grove and other parks worldwide like in Germany on top of being owned by Ted Turner who wants to make it into the next Disney but in Atlanta rather than Los Angeles. I also know that this timeline is constantly changing with some feedback on potential errors, and I just wanted to ensure things were consistent. However, I am a newcomer and was curious about the stuff going on in the Hensonverse.

Since contributors have to get a PM to join this timeline, I would like to offer some ideas and suggestions if you're interested @Geekhis Khan.

I've been going through the first and second halves of this Hensonverse (A Hippie in the House of Mouse and When you Wish Upon a Frog) from Geekhis Khan. Columbia is a lot larger in this universe than Peach Grove and other parks worldwide like in Germany on top of being owned by Ted Turner who wants to make it into the next Disney but in Atlanta rather than Los Angeles. I also know that this timeline is constantly changing with some feedback on potential errors, and I just wanted to ensure things were consistent. However, I am a newcomer and was curious about the stuff going on in the Hensonverse.

Since contributors have to get a PM to join this timeline, I would like to offer some ideas and suggestions if you're interested @Geekhis Khan.
Not necessarily, you can ask here and then later get linked into the relevant conversation. Our author just wants to get to the end of the decade by the time Part Two hits the 500-page limit.

Not necessarily, you can ask here and then later get linked into the relevant conversation. Our author just wants to get to the end of the decade by the end of Part 2.
I see. I know there are PM threads for the Hensonverse and I want to come up with some ideas/suggestions for the timeline since he mentioned that if you want to be part of it, you must be part of one.

I see. I know there are PM threads for the Hensonverse and I want to come up with some ideas/suggestions for the timeline since he mentioned that if you want to be part of it, you must be part of one.
Well, the idea is that conversations are private. Maybe post some of the suggestions here - if there's one for it, somebody will likely drop you an invite.

We'll they were interested in giving Universal the commitment to ABC for Players (OTL it was on NBC).

Just gonna move a convo started by @Nerdman3000 over from Guest Thread
Currently writing out the Hensonverse's The Boys, and it’s shaping out to be something special. A surprise that all of you will not see coming is the person who will be writing it.
Kinda iffy on it since the Boys was just Garth Ennis ranting about everything he absolutely hated about the Superhero Genre, mostly dunking on each and every title he had to work on. The man's hatred of the genre is exceptional, for anything to be made that is similar to the Boys, you need someone disgruntled by the industry having the same level or similar levels of hatred Ennis had.
I mean considering that The Boys didn't come out until 2006 there are plenty of butterflies that will affect say the very title or characters aside from the writer being different as you mentioned.

Also, Garth Ennis is the only major comic book writer who hates the superhero genre aside from Pat Mills and like Haru89 you need someone else with this type of disgruntlement to even come up with something like The Boys (the comic not the show).
Exactly, and it is more or less just Garth Ennis laying out his hatred for the Superhero Genre, and no it isn't as nuance as the TV Show where it's also a deconstruction of modern society, it was just Ennis's 72 issue rant about why he hates Superhero comics, it being in the hands of a different writer is already iffy because unless they're as disgruntled as Ennis about the genre, I don't think it will be anything similar to what we know as The Boys. Also Hughie in the comics is visually based after Simon Pegg, who wouldn't appear in any form of media until 1998 and wouldn't find worldwide success until Shaun of the Dead is released in 2004 and then Mission Impossible III in 2006 (which is basically butterflied away anyways).
Yeah, the OTL comic book version of The Boys is honestly pretty awful and is basically nothing like the show (other than character names and powers, the show basically ignores the comic), so I’m not sure how it work here. This video below goes into the comic if you if curious.

And if it’s not written by Garth Ennis then I can’t imagine it’d even be called the Boys or even feature the same characters. At that point you might as well just create a completely new unique super hero themed story, setting, and characters, even if there are similarities to the OTL The Boys.

Plus wouldn’t Ennis still write a version of the Boys ITTL so he can rant about why he hates superheroes and take sick pleasure in gruesomely murdering them every issue? All that means is that you then basically sort of have two versions of the Boys, one of whom probably really won’t be the Boys if it’s not written by Ennis.
Watchmen is a different beast from The Boys because it's not an attack on the superhero genre. Instead, it's an examination of superheroes during the Cold War and how they effected global politics. The protagonists and antagonist are superheroes and have genuinely noble or relatable traits and goals. Case in point, Dan Dreiberg (Nite Owl II) is one of the nicest characters in the comic and he's a superhero. Additionally, Alan Moore has written traditional superhero comics and likes the genre.

The Boys on the other hand is as Haru89 said is nothing more than Garth Ennis' rant against superheroes and lacks the complexity or depth of Watchmen.
Yeah, unless the plan is to create a comic that’s similar in tone/premise to the OTL TV show (a group of normal people try to take down a evil Superman or whatever, so basically a comic about a group of regular Lex Luthors vs Evil Superman) but even then that’s not going to be anything like the Boys comic or will even share any names and stuff with the comic. It’s only technically be a ITTL version of the Boys, and even then only in the loosest sense possible.
Yeah the comics was honestly nasty and horrible, none of the supes have any redeeming qualities, the Batman analogue is just taking the Batman traits to the extremes, Homelander is just a 1 dimensional "Superman by evil" character , and even the honestly good supes get killed in horrible ways like Comic Soldier Boy wasn't a bad person, he was more like a classic Captain America clone, but it doesn't matter because he dies horrifically because Ennis seemingly hated the whole trope he symbolizes, which to be fair he kinda does hate each trope so. Heck I think even Ennis himself recognize how horrible The Boys is when he wrote a scene showing an older Hughie being wrecked by PTSD and trauma from what The Boys and Butcher have done in the past.

In comparison, the show is more a nuanced and complex deconstruction of modern Superhero media, the modern society, and how we obsess over celebrities while they hide horrible stuff behind their backs.

Yeah it would only be technically be the TTL version of The Boys, The Boys TV show that is and not the comic as it's being implied here. The Boys is just something Garth Ennis can make, only because of his insane hatred of Superhero comics.
Also we should take this The Boys Conversation in the Speculation Thread.
Wrong thread for commentary please folks.
You guessed correctly. It will be Moore.

I think the biggest difference here is that it will be a more Supe focused, surprisingly.
Then it's The Boys in name only, might as well drop the name altogether and make it into a new Timeline specific project.
Honestly considering I don't even like The Boys comic and don't care for the series, Im fine with it being In Name Only, especialy

Not sure Alan Moore's the best fit for this idea, though. I suggest changing it.
It really doesn't look like it could The Boys since Ennis is not around to write it. I can imagine that this would be a TTL-specific project and Ennis might still write something like The Boys even if it's under a different name
My mind knee jerk suggested Matt Stone and Trey Parker writing it instead of Alan Moore.