Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

Deleted member 165942

Tbh The Boys will not be the The Boys without Ennis's sheer hatred of the Superhero Genre, Alan Moore only hates adaptations of his works but is otherwise fine with the genre itself. Trying to get something similar made by someone else only results to it having the same name and literally nothing else.

The Boys was less a critique of superhero comics and more like Garth Ennis ranting about every single thing he hated about the genre, while making fun of every possible Superhero he can think of and finding ways to kill a Captain America clone in the most brutal ways possible.

This is just where you just kill your darlings and just make a new project with similar themes rather than forcing a series you liked to be made earlier by a different person and still resembles what it is OTL.

But yeah we could do what Lone Robin said and split The Boys by having the title and TV show themes with this project then having basically everything else in the comic that Ennis will make to rant about Superheroes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would I be correct in assuming that Alan Moore and Warren Ellis can at least tolerate each other? If so how a collaboration between the two that combines elements of LoEG and Planetary?

Hmm...

Is there sufficient room in terms of an expansion pad to handle a possible Forbidden Forrest? Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is about to be released in the United Kingdom, and Disney under Henson is much more likely to snag some license.
There is a strong possibility that Harry Potter does not happen at all- Rowling’s situation given the different circumstances of the UK might mean she never has the idea that will produce the series.

As much as I enjoy the Potter books personally I’d like to see what a Potter-less timeline rolls out like.

Deleted member 165942

Yeah we're in the fiction zone now, things might be made as we know it, unless you can give a pretty good justification on how it can still be made nearly identical to how it is OTL.

Say, guys/gals/whathaveyou, look what I found!

1660447679026.png
1660447695574.png

Last edited:
What....

How is that gonna work?
It essentially needs less ink, helping the environment thru something-something-printer-ink-bills (and keep millions of dollars a year in big brands' pockets (which we know are all for gaining moar dosh)).

Honestly, I think it just looks kinda cool.

How would brands react to the idea of changing their logos? "It's a debate about branding in general. Some people think we should not touch the ingredients of the brand because it's a sacred temple, others think that we can evolve the brand without changing its DNA to better meet the expectations and aspirations of our time." said French designer Sylvain Boyer. "When we follow the evolution of brands, and more specifically the evolution of logos, we realize that many of them evolve every decade. If we look at the Apple logo, we can see that it has evolved a lot over the past 20 years: from 'skeuomorphism' in the 2000s to flat design in the 2010s. Perhaps it will evolve into 'ecobranding' by 2020,"
1660448185776.png

Last edited:
Some fiction zone movies for the TL (and their original "creators) from the best movie never made thread:
Urban Legend (1998) - Documentary film about the untold story of their urban legends. (@Duc4AlternateHistory)

I don't remember seeing this ITTL so maybe: Quiz Show (1994) - A documentary on the first 30 years of the Jeopardy! game show. Written and directed by Michael Moore. (@Duc4AlternateHistory)

Falling Down-Film about a Jewish family in Berlin and what happens to them under the Nazis. (@The Ranger)

Anastasia (1997) - A historical documentary film about the life of Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia. (@SomeGuyOnline)

Steel (1997) - A biography about the manufacturing of steel products. (@Duc4AlternateHistory)

Air Force One (1997) - A documentary about Air Force One. (@SomeGuyOnline)

L.A. Confidential (1997) - A romantic comedy about two strangers vacationing in Los Angeles, and are mistaken for being publicly intimate, which unexpectedly spirals out of control into becoming the biggest and juiciest gossip in Los Angeles, leading to them both comically trying to shut down the rumors and wondering along the way if they actually do have feelings for each other (long story short, they do). (@SomeGuyOnline)

The Faculty (1998) - A mockumentary comedy film about the everyday adventures of the faculty of a chaotic high school. (@SomeGuyOnline)

Truth or Consequences (1997) - A biography of the game show of the same name. (@Duc4AlternateHistory)

Armageddon (1998): A documentary depicting the hypothetical events of what would happen if an Armageddon actually happened on earth. (@SomeGuyOnline)

Deep Impact (1998) - A BBC documentary television film about the climates of what the deep impact had happened. (@Duc4AlternateHistory)

Independence Day-Film about the Easter Rising and what happened afterwards to win Ireland it's independence (@The Ranger)

@Duc4AlternateHistory and @SomeGuyOnline I hope it's okay that I posted so many of your movie ideas.

There is also a Top TV Shows Never Made thread:

And a Best Books Never Written thread:

Both are worth plundering for credited ideas.

Is this similar to Silver Spoons: