• Warships

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Blue Crabs

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
World Series Schedule, Sakic returns, expansion teams revealed.
October 27, 1994: MLB releases the world series schedule
Game 1: Chicago, 8 PM EST, October 29
Game 2: Chicago, 7 PM EST, October 30
Game 3: Seattle, 8 PM EST, November 2
Game 4: Seattle, 8 PM EST, November 4
Game 5 (if necessary): Chicago, 7 PM EST, November 6
Game 6 (if necessary): Seattle, 8 PM EST, November 8
Game 7 (if necessary): Chicago, 7 PM EST, November 10

October 28, 1994: Joe Sakic makes his long awaited return to the NHL. While he doesn't have a great performance, the Red Wings do, cruising to a 7-2 win over Toronto. The NHL announces the four future expansion cities as Denver, Nashville, Portland, and Cleveland.

Game 2 and 3, Name-the-team
October 30, 1994: The Cubs and Mariners meet for game 2. The Cubs strike for 7 runs in the first two innings, and Sammy Sosa hits three home runs in a big 14-4 victory over Seattle. Edgar Martinez and Jay Buhner are irate in interviews, as Buhner says the Mariners "won't stand a fucking chance with the effort we had today."

October 31, 1994: The Portland NHL Franchise says they will have a name-the-team contest. The fans will be able to vote for seven names: Rosebuds, Mountaineers, Lumberjacks, Stags, Craters, Puffins, and Pioneers.

November 2, 1994: The Cubs nab another win in the World Series, winning 10-0. Once again, Buhner and Martinez, and also Ken Griffey, are very pissed off in their interviews. Greg Maddux is going to pitch game 4.

Vote for the Portland team name: A. Rosebuds B. Mountaineers C. Lumberjacks D. Stags E. Craters F. Puffins G. Pioneers
My vote is for A

November 5th, 1994: Denver's NHL team have also announced that they will hold a name the team contest. They have given their fans 5 names to choose from, those being: Storm, Cougars, Extreme, Explorers, and Rockies.

Vote A for Storm, B for Cougars, C for Extreme, D for Explorers, and E for Rockies
I vote for E

November 7th, 1994: The Washington Bullets announce that they will be changing their name to the Wizards. They are currently working on creating the new logos and uniforms for the new name.

For the portland vote: I vote for F

For Colorado im gonna go with C

Lets make the "Extreme Dream" a reality, lets go lads

November 5th, 1994: Denver's NHL team have also announced that they will hold a name the team contest. They have given their fans 5 names to choose from, those being: Storm, Cougars, Extreme, Explorers, and Rockies.

Vote A for Storm, B for Cougars, C for Extreme, D for Explorers, and E for Rockies
I'm going for B

Get out Schott, Cubs lock it up
November 5, 1994: MLB launches an investigation into Marge Schott for her alleged racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and anti-semitism. MLB is going to suspend Schott until the investigation concludes.

November 6, 1994: The curse is dead. The pain and suffering is over. The Cubs, yes, THE CUBS, win the World Series. Sammy Sosa crushes a home run in the fifth inning to tie it at 2-2. Seattle grabs a 4-2 lead back, but Ryne Sandberg crushes a walk-off Grand Slam to end the curse, the series, and the season, and Wrigley Field is the loudest it's ever been. Sandberg is named the World Series MVP.

52991582.jpg.jpg
default.jpg
kajeq02gj8uomenefxvg.jpg
mlb_g_maddux12_1296x729.jpg

November 9 1994
Anonymous sources contribute to an article in Sports Illustrated detailing accusations of racism, homophobia, xenophobia and anti-Semitism against Reds owner Marge Schott as well as her extreme reluctance to spend any money on the team.

Last edited:
November 9 1994
Anonymous sources contribute to an article in Sports Illustrated detailing accusations of racism, homophobia, xenophobia and anti-Semitism as well as her extreme reluctance to spend any money on the team.
I presume that you're referencing ole Margie

November 5, 1994: MLB launches an investigation into Marge Schott for her alleged racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and anti-semitism. MLB is going to suspend Schott until the investigation concludes.
I saw the video Urinatingtree made on her, and figured it be best to hopefully get her out of the sport.

My vote is for B

November 10, 1994: the NBA season starts off in boston as rookie Jason Kidd makes his debut with the celtics, who are facing off against the Dallas Mavericks, who have a rookie of their own, 2nd overall pick Grant Hill. the game is close, but Jason Kidd makes a sweet pass to Robert Parish who dunks it for a 99-97 win over Dallas. Kidd gets 14 points 2 rebounds and 10 assists to end the night, while Grant Hill gets 18 points 4 rebounds and 5 assists.

November 12, 1994: Ottawa still suck as they lose a game against Seattle 5-0, this is their 5th loss in a row as the are 1-8-1-0