Graphic Thread

Sounds about right for CNN reporting. "At least dozens killed..."

A more reputable source might say "Dozens killed..." or even "Scores dead..."

But really, when there is a precise count of 19 right underneath the graphic, they're all wrong, and clearly the editor of the page was asleep.
If you know more about our worldbuilding project, then visit under my signature.

From the True Divided Nation.

DISCLAIMER: It's purely fictional, none of the characters depicted below are intended to mirror or suggest any real life artists and alt-Eurovision.
8OANuGw.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
dcyohuk-35160fac-2fa1-4e07-8a91-f18740db89c8.png

The Republic is Dayī's single largest newspaper and news media organisation, with a daily readership of over 4 million Dayīnese residents and about half a million foreigners. They are often considered a centrist publication, and most certainly are when compared to right-news media as The Shanghai and Yuán Quán News and left-news media as The Fifth Star and 3-Mount. Nevertheless they have often been accused of a pro-government stance, based on the subsidization they receive from the Special Administrative Executive Diet and the tendency for NUC apparatchiks to opine in its pages.
With a staff of 2000 their Editor-in-Chief is one Chantel Mèng, a Dutch-Chinese journalist with a long history of investigative journalism. Her style has been described as 'globalist' and 'exploratory' for its inclusion of foreign news, with Dayī-specific news falling from half of all stories to a third in the four years she has been in the role. Despite this The Republic still has the most comprehensive daily local news and is the only newspaper in the region to utilize an AGI in its general editing, giving them a reputation for polished and factual news. The AGI in question, affectionately known as Liberté, is snippy about other AGIs publishing in 'her' newspaper.
The newspaper's motto, though it has not appeared so much in recent years, is 'That's All You Need'. This has been mocked in many a form, particularly with regards to the generous thickness of their broadsheet, with the then editor of The Fifth Star Jacob Tengku once saying 'If that's all you need, you've got diabetes'; and a long-running meme to see the many applications of the broadsheet beyond its purpose as a newspaper. So far, this has included boats, makeshift batons, table supports for increasingly ridiculous weights, a variety of silly fashion statements by the Dayīnese youth and in one instance an entire house was built from the paper.
They are a staple of the Dayīnese cityscape, indeed they blanket more homeless and precariat than the many charities attending them do. They are reportedly read by both the leader of the NUC, Gang Xuang, and the leader of the DNCP, Cao Feihung. They skitter about the hooves of mounted police and their ink drains into the gutters of the city's narrow streets. The blood of the nation.

dcyohuk-35160fac-2fa1-4e07-8a91-f18740db89c8.png

The Republic is Dayī's single largest newspaper and news media organisation, with a daily readership of over 4 million Dayīnese residents and about half a million foreigners. They are often considered a centrist publication, and most certainly are when compared to right-news media as The Shanghai and Yuán Quán News and left-news media as The Fifth Star and 3-Mount. Nevertheless they have often been accused of a pro-government stance, based on the subsidization they receive from the Special Administrative Executive Diet and the tendency for NUC apparatchiks to opine in its pages.
With a staff of 2000 their Editor-in-Chief is one Chantel Mèng, a Dutch-Chinese journalist with a long history of investigative journalism. Her style has been described as 'globalist' and 'exploratory' for its inclusion of foreign news, with Dayī-specific news falling from half of all stories to a third in the four years she has been in the role. Despite this The Republic still has the most comprehensive daily local news and is the only newspaper in the region to utilize an AGI in its general editing, giving them a reputation for polished and factual news. The AGI in question, affectionately known as Liberté, is snippy about other AGIs publishing in 'her' newspaper.
The newspaper's motto, though it has not appeared so much in recent years, is 'That's All You Need'. This has been mocked in many a form, particularly with regards to the generous thickness of their broadsheet, with the then editor of The Fifth Star Jacob Tengku once saying 'If that's all you need, you've got diabetes'; and a long-running meme to see the many applications of the broadsheet beyond its purpose as a newspaper. So far, this has included boats, makeshift batons, table supports for increasingly ridiculous weights, a variety of silly fashion statements by the Dayīnese youth and in one instance an entire house was built from the paper.
They are a staple of the Dayīnese cityscape, indeed they blanket more homeless and precariat than the many charities attending them do. They are reportedly read by both the leader of the NUC, Gang Xuang, and the leader of the DNCP, Cao Feihung. They skitter about the hooves of mounted police and their ink drains into the gutters of the city's narrow streets. The blood of the nation.
whats happing to France? whats al-Jabal and whats 4d media? what's happening to Afghanistan and hows Australia and New Zealand and Papua new guinea? whats the cult of the partition bull and hows the Philippines?

A collection of pixel scenes I've been putting together for the last few hours, it's quite fun! Most of the models come from the great collection over at JuniorGeneral.org so credit to them for that.

Watch on the Rhine.png

Alternate-history of the German Worker's Militia defense near the Rhine from Entente Post-War incursions

1798-Rebellion.png

The ragged Revolutionary Army of the 1798 Rebellion in Ireland (note the small group of Frenchmen on the left who survived the failed Bantry Bay landings)

Freikorp-Execution.png

Execution of a Spartacist partisan by a Freikorp firing squad

Byzantine Tagmata.png

A Byzantine Tagmata army preparing for a battle with marauding Arabs in Armenia

Last edited:
A collection of pixel scenes I've been putting together for the last few hours, it's quite fun! Most of the models come from the great collection over at JuniorGeneral.org so credit to them for that.

View attachment 437571
Alternate-history of the German Worker's Militia defense near the Rhine from Entente Post-War incursions

View attachment 437572

The ragged Revolutionary Army of the 1798 Rebellion in Ireland (note the small group of Frenchmen on the left who survived the failed Bantry Bay landings)

View attachment 437573

Execution of a Spartacist partisan by a Freikorp firing squad

View attachment 437574

A Byzantine Tagmata army preparing for a battle with marauding Arabs in Armenia
Hey... Perhaps we can have some more famous scenes made? (Proclamation of the German Empire in the Palace of Versailles, Scotland Forever! by Elizabeth Thompson, etc.)

Hey... Perhaps we can have some more famous scenes made? (Proclamation of the German Empire in the Palace of Versailles, Scotland Forever! by Elizabeth Thompson, etc.)

Was just mulling over some ideas for new ones, this sounds great! I shall see what I can do (in addition to an “alternate Byzantine 1850’s army fighting Bashi-Bazouk Turk raiders” idea I came up with)

9XxrZmT.png

So I made this a long time ago, taking screenshots of banners from NationStates.net. I may make a TL for this, with its own map as well, but I want to let this out.

I really don’t wanna live there
When I was making this, I had this context in my head of a form of governmental existentialism, whereas if a person wants to drink their livers away or not wear a seatbelt, as long as they don't harm other people in their activities. If that alcoholic is beating their spouse or whoever, they'll be in jail. If that person without the seatbelt doesn't put their child in a tailored child seat, then they'll get a slap on the wrist (as in their parental license revoked and forced to cede their child to the local government if done too much).

I try not to flood the graphics thread with images from my TL - that’s why it has its own thread - but I’m quite proud of this one, which took a very long time to make!
Guess which bit took the longest?

UFXVNVQ.jpg

Last edited: