Graphic Thread

It doesn't seem worth bumping my timeline for a single graphic, neither the miscellaneous Fallout thread or the Caribbean Dawn one are a good fit, and I kind of want to post it, so have an ad for Vim circa 2018....
Vim!.png

ST15RM

Banned
OOH! ISSA POLANDBALL!

upload_2018-6-6_11-12-41.png

But this is part of a thing that I wanna try and see if it works. Cause this is a polandball of me, a userball i guess.
The thing is: can we make userballs of as many people as we can??

Let's see if this experiment works, or if this results in total anarchy.

"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

5V4mLaF.jpg

(A possible TL, maybe? I dunno...)

althist instant messager.png

HERMES Instant Messenger is an instant messenger program released in December of 2000, notable for its easy access and wide distribution of users, the software has continued use well into the 2010s. Named after Hermes, the Greek god who acted as a messenger for Mt Olympus, the program has users in most countries worldwide, and an estimated use by millions across the planet.​

Hapsburg

Banned
The acciptrids (Anthropronis harpax, Lat. "grasping bird-man") are a species of bipedal, erect, digitigrade-standing avian humanoids with an somewhat raptor-like appearance greatly resembling Earth birds of prey. Also called halians, the acciptrids have downy feathers covering their bodies, with longer feathers on their forearms which allow some limited gliding, though flight has long been impossible. It is speculated that the gliding is a secondary effect, and that the primary evolutionary pressure of the feathers was to make them more aerodynamic while running. Modern acciptrids have forward-looking faces with large eyes, leathery skin, and pointed mouths reminiscent of more basal beak-like snouts, even having hardened skin covering the mouth parts. Their 'plumage' is incredibly varied with respect to color and pattern, and skin tone can vary from black or dark brown to vibrant reds or blues. Their hands end with sharp, grasping claws rather than the soft fingertips of most humanoids. Acciptrids tend to be tall and lanky, compared to most humans.
Originating on the low-gravity planet Halia in the Strabo star system of the Eagle Nebula, the acciptrids evolved to be light and nimble, likely as pack hunters and scavengers in the arboreal canyons and valleys. Around 10 million years ago, archaic tool-using halians evolved in regions where the canyon rivers dried up and experienced deforestation. They evolved an erect stance around 3 million years ago, and reached an anatomically modern form around 1 million years before present. Behavioral modernity followed around 40,000 BCE, culminating in the development of agriculture around 10,000 BCE. Archaic and modern acciptrids display a capability for limited gliding, but this is believed to be a secondary effect of the feathers that evolved for stability while running. Two archaic species still exist in the wild as paleolithic relicts, though in small numbers as they were out-competed by modern acciptrids.
Writing and metallurgy developed around 4000 BCE, spurring a golden age of hydraulic high civilizations. While conflicts were not infrequent, the trade networks that drove these civilizations maintained a relative peace for many thousands of years. Ironworking spurred faster technological development, but also disproportionately benefited certain nations with access of Halia's limited iron resources, who then tore the known world apart in constant conquest for another thousand years. Industrialism developed after an early modern period of colonization in the 1400s CE. Despite industrial wars and continued tensions, the acciptrid managed to avoid nuclear war.
Around 1820 CE, they constructed a quasi-unified aristocratic government to facilitate space exploration and colonization, and the relief of various social ills, not unlike the Earth's UN. By the year 2000 CE, they had already colonized their own star system. Expansion gradually took hold, and they forged an interstellar empire run by a mixture of military aristocracy and feudalism, with self-governing colonies ruled by baronial lords. They encountered many alien races nearby, such as the cassiopeians, and engaged in brief conflicts before forming a core part of the galactic diplomatic community. In 2401, they were the first sapient, spacefaring alien species encountered by humanity, and curated their introduction to the galactic community.

At left is an acciptrid with reddish skin and minimal plumage. In the middle is an acciptrid with a similar build, but moderate blue plumage covering their body and a golden-skinned face that shows through primarily through the protruding mouth. At the right is a heavily-plumed acciptrid with mixed skin tones of bronze and black and considerably sharper face, dressed in everyday civilian wear, probably some sort of shop laborer or artisan.

Acciptrid.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
Just a wee excerpt of text from the Jophi Foederata I'm working on. Making up a language is hard work, but I think it'll look really cool when it's finished. There will of course be a translation accompanying the final product.

text.png

Chapman

Donor
Apologies for how big it is, it didn't look this large in Gimp. But, I bring you a second campaign poster for President Jimmy Hoffa's (successful) 1972 run.

HoffaCampaign6.jpg

Chapman

Donor
You like Hoffa way to much, he's a good guy though tbf.

He definitely has a mixed legacy, but I thought he'd be a solid choice for a story where the mob basically (covertly) takes over the US government. The Trials of Jimmy Hoffa painted a picture of him that, for me, seemed like someone who could be a big winner on the campaign trail, with the proper grooming.

He definitely has a mixed legacy, but I thought he'd be a solid choice for a story where the mob basically (covertly) takes over the US government. The Trials of Jimmy Hoffa painted a picture of him that, for me, seemed like someone who could be a big winner on the campaign trail, with the proper grooming.
Hmm, I didn't really know that much about Hoffa but he seemed like a decent trade unionist guy when I took a two second glance at his wikipedia. lol.

Chapman

Donor
Hmm, I didn't really know that much about Hoffa but he seemed like a decent trade unionist guy when I took a two second glance at his wikipedia. lol.

He was, but he was also a trade unionist who came in at the beginning of the labor union movement, when attitudes towards organized labor were not particularly kind. Out of necessity (at least in the beginning) he got himself involved with some ugly dudes, mostly in the mob, and wound up going to prison in '67 for stuff that stemmed from that fact. He and Robert Kennedy hated each other, and as AG Kennedy went after him hard, so to the point that some conspiracy theorists suggest Hoffa was involved in JFK's assassination, as revenge. He gets out of prison in 1971 as part of a deal with President Nixon, and shortly thereafter he vanished without a trace. Most common belief is that the mob actually took him out, to prevent him from retaking leadership of the Teamsters Union; as bad as RFK might've thought he was, his successor was way worse. I could go into way more detail but yeah, point is he had a mixed legacy. Great labor union leader to some, criminal scourge who perverted labor unions to others. Personally, I think he was somewhere in between.