Golden: A Pop Culture Timeline

Hello folks! Look what I got for Christmas.

image0.jpg

This book should come in handy for the future.

*wink wink*

😉

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!

Update.
While I don't want to hype anything just yet, as I fear I might end up disappointing people, I can confirm that I am writing up several documents fleshing out and detailing heh) a possible reboot of the story, along with researching stuff online. While I am still not too into stuff related to certain mediums like anime and sports, I have discovered alot since the last update I posted, and have a whole bunch of new ideas and plans for any continuation in the future.

1609870593160.png

1609870629771.png

(I just discovered that display feature today.)

Alongside the uncertainty, if I will ever manage to get this back on track, I will also confirm that there will be some retcons on the very early chapters, as I wish to redo, rewrite, and add onto them. While I won't change everything about the first couple of chapters (1998-1999), I will say that there will be significant differences. I have also found myself checking out and reading some of the other pop culture related timelines, mostly in order to find inspiration and to enjoy experiencing other authors' creativity in writing alternate pieces of fiction. These include RySenkari's SNES-CD Trilogy and CountDVB's A Gore Prosperous Tomorrow, both of which I recommend.

I have found myself being quite inspired and excited by some of what these writers have come up with, and while I don't like saying this in fear of coming off the wrong way, I have usually found myself thinking that I might include something similar in my story. I say this because I feel like the more I find stuff from other TLs and other AH works, the more I feel like I may come off as unoriginal and relying more on ideas executed by other people, which may also come with accusations of copycating or (more seriously) plargarism. Don't get me wrong, I do have plenty of my own ideas, which I won't spoil or hint here, for the story that I don't think have been done anywhere elsewhere, but I just wish to get this out there, as I find myself thinking abput this while scrolling through my favourite pop culture TLs, and genuinely hope the timeline will produce its own uniqueness and ideas without being seen as a mishmash of several other (better) timelines into one. I think this is why I put this in the OP.

1609872487682.png

So basically, if there are elements ITTL that may be based on/feel similar to something from another TL, I will credit them. No plagiarism allowed here.

But yeah, that's pretty much it, for now. I hope to see this project come back to life sometime in the future, and I hope y'all can come join me again when that time comes, and give this 'alternate popular culture timeline' thing another shot.

- TheDetailer

So, in other words, the timeline we have grown to love is dead, and you'll be making a new timeline altogether due to how much you have created in your absence?

Because, if that's really what you mean, I hope this second attempt of yours actually bears fruit, as eight pages simply wouldn't cut it.

So, glad to hear that you may bring this TL back. As a pop culture TL enthusiast and a fan of Phil Hartman. I was really enjoying this TL and was disappointed when you decided to put it on an indefinite hiatus. But I am now extremely excited to know that there is a strong possibility of returning to it and most of all that you will be expanding upon what we already have from you.

I’ll be happy to help however I can so I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself!
Thanks!

So, in other words, the timeline we have grown to love is dead, and you'll be making a new timeline altogether due to how much you have created in your absence?

Because, if that's really what you mean, I hope this second attempt of yours actually bears fruit, as eight pages simply wouldn't cut it.
I wouldn't word it like that, more like being revived with a few tweaks.

But yes, this timeline will most likely start in a new thread.

So, glad to hear that you may bring this TL back. As a pop culture TL enthusiast and a fan of Phil Hartman. I was really enjoying this TL and was disappointed when you decided to put it on an indefinite hiatus. But I am now extremely excited to know that there is a strong possibility of returning to it and most of all that you will be expanding upon what we already have from you.
Thank you, for your kind words and enthusiasm for this timeline of mine. I'm sorry that I kinda abandoned this timeline for over a year and a half, as I felt like I couldn't continue, plus I felt like I could've written the story better, both in the terms of the content itself, and how the chapters are presented and formatted, style and what not. Such as maybe including stuff like interviews and snippets of future media, like what some other pop culture timelines have done, for example. Basically, I wish to improve the way I write the chapters compared to how they look right now. I also want to perfect the more personal parts of the story a bit more, as I personally really enjoyed the personal segments of the Blue Skies in Camelot timeline, and wish to include similar stuff in my timeline.

It's why I'm glad to have gotten the Phill Hartman book for Christmas, as I wish to learn more about Hartman's personal life and personality, which could greatly help in my future writing of him, whenever it be his dialogue, what he chooses to star in, and who he makes friends with.