Looks most impressive so far - I especially like your Washington dynasty.

Based on the marriage to 'Mary of Great Britain', there's certainly some dynastic butterflies at work, and clearly the Special Relationship exists in some form here, so I am very much looking forward to seeing more of this world.

Your work so far has been nothing short of exceptional though (its brilliant). It will be great to see how this world of yours develops.

Thank you very much. I hope to try to be original here without being incomprehensible. I also hope to live up to your praise.

Oh hush, you'll be making royal procession videos for King George IV before you know it :)

Maybe one day. :)

Looks most impressive so far - I especially like your Washington dynasty.

Based on the marriage to 'Mary of Great Britain', there's certainly some dynastic butterflies at work, and clearly the Special Relationship exists in some form here, so I am very much looking forward to seeing more of this world.

Again, thank you very much.

I envision as the Washington dynasty becomes to be viewed as royalty rather than backwater upstarts by other Western nations, intermarriage with other European royal houses would become more common.

Without being too spoiler-y, the Anglo-American relationship is somewhat better than in OTL. Or, rather, it gets better earlier than in OTL. The worse version of the Quasi-War occurs ITTL due to the Federalist faction having greater influence and the more radical anti-Federalists having fled the country in protest. The result is an American conquest of Louisiana rather than purchase, as well as a closer relationship with Britain. America and France find themselves butting heads over the next century, with the Bonapartes keeping their grip on the Imperial Throne.

Did the USA in this tl get in to the scramble for Africa?

At this point, I haven't made a decision regarding Africa. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

BTW, I'll be quite busy over the next few days. I'll try to post one more wikibox before my brief - emphasis on "brief" - hiatus. I'll try to pick up the content afterwords.

What's going on with Texas and California? Independent? Part of Mexico? While on the topic, how's Mexico fairing?

What's going on with Texas and California? Independent? Part of Mexico? While on the topic, how's Mexico fairing?

What's the rest of North America like?

I've yet to work that part out, and I'm open to suggestions and/or contributions. However, for the moment, Texas is tentatively part of an independent Mexico.

Mexico is independent, like OTL. However, they are somewhat more stable and prosperous as a monarchy.

California, I've yet to decide. I want to do something creative with it.

Alaska is an integrated oblast within Russia.

Canada exists as well, but is instead known as Albionoria.

The rest I'm still working on.

Female succession. What form of primogeniture is followed, and was Hannah childless historically?

Male preference primogeniture, much like Britain before 2013 OTL. Hannah had no children, though rumors abounded that she had several miscarriages.

Last edited:
If Mexico's still a monarchy, perhaps a more benevolent Emperor was chosen? Maybe Guadalupe Victoria (who was OTL's first president of the United States of Mexico). If that's the case, perhaps Mexico will be able to keep Central America, and based off of Victoria's opening of diplomatic relations with the US, Central America, and Gran Colombia, perhaps Mexico would become a close ally to the latter of the three.

The President of the United States, Charles Campbell, Federalist Party
The President of the United States is the Head of Government for the United States. The position evolved from the President of the Continental Congress during the revolutionary period, and was formally incorporated in the United States Constitution in 1787. Much like the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, the President serves as head of the cabinet, as well as the monarch's chief minister. In theory, the President serves at the pleasure of the reigning monarch, though in reality his offices relies on his ability to hold the confidence of the House of Representatives. However, the monarch has dismissed Presidents at times of political gridlock or crisis, the most recent incident being Sarah Holmes' dismissal in 1991 following the Alaska Crisis.

Charles Campbell is the current President, having attained the office following intense negotiations between his Federalist Party and other parties following the controversial 2016 General Election. Campbell was born into a Scot-Irish coal-mining family in Western Pennsylvania to a family that traditionally voted for the Workers' and Farmers' Alliance or Alliance.

The Federalist Party is the oldest continuing political party in American politics. Founded by Sir Alexander Hamilton in the earliest days of the American Monarchy, the Federalists reflected his general ideology of a stronger central government, national identity, and monarchism. In recent years, the party has espoused what is referred to as integralism, which seeks a third way between liberal economics and equalism. Throughout much of its history, it has been considered the natural party of government, though its grasp has been noticeably loosening within the past 50 years with the ascendency of the equalist WFA and other opposition parties.

gsgw_003b.png

Last edited:

Interesting, I think saw the wikibox for Campbell a while ago while perusing one of the old infobox threads. I’m glad to see you’ve repurposed it! I also see that, despite the French Revolution presumably having been totally discredited in this world where republicanism itself is considered a fringe philosophy, the world has still kept the idea of the left-right spectrum as a convenient way to characterize political ideologies.

Interesting, I think saw the wikibox for Campbell a while ago while perusing one of the old infobox threads. I’m glad to see you’ve repurposed it! I also see that, despite the French Revolution presumably having been totally discredited in this world where republicanism itself is considered a fringe philosophy, the world has still kept the idea of the left-right spectrum as a convenient way to characterize political ideologies.

Thanks, man! Yeah, I've been wanting to get back to this for a while, now.

I should clarify: republicanism in the United States is a discredited ideology. We'll see Republicanism spring up in various places around the world. Just not in the good ole US of A.

I noticed that Augustine's faith is listed as 'Episcopalian' - is the Episcopal Church established as a national church, or is the American monarchy nominally secular in similar fashion as the OTL republic? If the former, is the President the church's ceremonial head, and how would it then fit into the broader Anglican communion? I can't imagine the American king being ostensibly subordinate to the Archbishop of Canterbury and English monarch (in their capacity as head of the Church of England), even if only in spiritual matters, but I'm definitely curious as to how you've imagined religion in monarchical America developing, with or without an established faith.