Give Peace A Chance: The Presidency of Eugene McCarthy

An American Melodrama does cover (briefly) the McCarthy-Humphrey fight. I consider it easily the best contemporaneous account of the 1968 election—written by Brits, that bit of distance very helpful.
An America Melodrama is indeed one of the books I lost access to that I ordered and am waiting for. Ironically, McCarthy's only full biography was written by a Brit as well!

Thanks for the link, that'll come in handy. I do have other material on the convention itself that I can use with this, but it was the pre-convention happenings that were unique to Jeremy Larner.

The Final (Fourteenth) Fortnight Follow-Up
The Final (Fourteenth) Fortnight Follow-Up
Well, here we are. The final Fortnight Follow-Up. I've gotta say, doing these was a stroke of genius on my part, since it at least partially forced me to stick to a schedule, and served much better than keeping you all in the dark of what was happening this whole time since the hiatus started. I'm also humble.

Funnily enough, after all this, I don't really know what to say. Thanks again, one final time, to everyone who has waited this long, and to those who have shown interest after the hiatus started!

I learned how to make election wikiboxes this fortnight, so that's pretty cool. Kudos to @Roberto El Rey for helping out with the stray questions that I had about it.

Give Peace Another Chance will be coming out this Saturday, May 23rd. I'll be going into more detail then, but I intend to post a chapter every two weeks (seems like I'm keeping up with the fortnight pattern). Longtime readers may recall that I tried to put out a chapter every 4-6 days for Give Peace A Chance, but considering the average chapter of Another is triple the length of a chapter of the original, I feel like it'll be necessary.

Now, we don't really need our old friend the Progression Checklist for this time, so instead I've decided to assemble some fun little statistics instead. Most of these are probably going to go out of date eventually, but here's how things will stand on Saturday. I guess that's all I have to say, so I hope to see you all then!

1 documentary series watched.
1 McCarthyverse pop culture brainstorming session with my more pop culturally aware friends, to be used for the eventual McCarthyverse pop culture-centric spinoff TL.
2 wikiboxes made.
2 title cards made.
2 PoDs discarded before settling on the one I'm using.
6 coronavirus-delayed deliveries still being waited on.
Fortnight Follow-Ups.
17 maps made.
20 books read, cover-to-cover.
40 pages written.
70 sources used.
214 days since the hiatus started.
A lot of total hours spent.
Countless number of times when I thought "I should probably be working on McCarthy" then didn't start working on McCarthy.
And a partridge in a pear tree.

AHHH that some many things! Can't wait for it! Thanks for putting in all the work to do make this a even better timeline than before!

@The Lethargic Lett
I wasn't sure whether to post in this thread or the new one, but I didn't want to clutter the new one. Reading through it I'm remembering just how significant this timeline was for me, so I just wanted to say thank you. I honestly was having a hard time getting into alternate history when I first joined, I didn't have a lot of background knowledge and I didn't have time to sit through and read all the timelines already written. The timing of you starting your timeline right around when I joined, combined with your excellent writing style of engaging and comprehensible, it's safe to say I would never have gotten into alternate history as much as without you. You helped me realize that alternate history was more than paradox grand strategy games, even if most of the ones I write will never leave my google docs :biggrin: Thank you!