Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - There was a cutscene of Arsenal Gear, a giant mobile fortress, dislocating the Statue of Liberty and crashing into Lower Manhattan as well as a newscast showing the Statue of Liberty now resting at Ellis Island, and a scene where the antagonist Solidus Snake shreds the New York Stock Exchange Flag with his sword during Arsenal Gears crash and the fall of said flag over his body after his death, American flags on all the flagpoles in New York were removed, and finally, Raiden's name was changed from katakana to kanji due to the former form of the name resembling "Bin Laden" in Japanese.
Sons of Liberty is probably one of the greatest games ever made, so the idea of it being even cooler is great news. :p

Time Magazine - March 27th, 2006
Time Magazine - March 27th, 2006

summit bombing.png

Last edited:
I think people are vastly overrating the impact of the September 4th attacks in this thread -- while it's no doubt a tragedy -- people placing it on the level of 9/11 don't really know what they're talking about. The 9/4 attacks and 9/11 are definitely similar in their execution when it comes to attack of civillian infastructure, they both have completely different outcomes.

Last edited:
I think people are vastly overrating the impact of the September 9th attacks in this thread
September 9th attacks? Don't you mean the September 4th attacks?
9/4 is probably only going to be viewed as a minor terrorist attack that doesn't really affect anything longterm, in my opinion
Given that this timeline's version of the War on Terror has Russia at the helm, you're probably right.

9/4 is probably only going to be viewed as a minor terrorist attack that doesn't really affect anything longterm, in my opinion

Exactly. What a lot of people don't realize is that a huge part of what made 9/11 so shocking and era-defining is the fact that it happened on U.S. soil.

Before 9/11, most Americans thought that major terrorist attacks were something that could only happen "over there". We thought that, with the Soviet Union gone, there was no great enemy to fear anymore.

When 9/11 happened, that mindset went away instantly. We feared that if such a devastating attack could happen here, it could happen anywhere.

There is a reason why it's called the "post-9/11 era".

Exactly. What a lot of people don't realize is that a huge part of what made 9/11 so shocking and era-defining is the fact that it happened on U.S. soil.

Before 9/11, most Americans thought that major terrorist attacks were something that could only happen "over there". We thought that, with the Soviet Union gone, there was no great enemy to fear anymore.

When 9/11 happened, that mindset went away instantly. We feared that if such a devastating attack could happen here, it could happen anywhere.

There is a reason why it's called the "post-9/11 era".
Absolutely. Without 9/11 we're still in the mindset of "that can't happen here" and that there's no real threat to the United States that exists.

1707628321240.jpg

Just found an interesting history facts
Maybe TTL 2007, there's a small fire occured in one of the towers of World Trade Center, with no casualites, same as OTL Ostankino tower?

Disclaimer: I'm not telling what Iwanh to do on his TL, this just a small suggestion, final decision , adopt it or not depends on Iwanh for sure, hands down.

Last edited:
View attachment 887422
Just found an interesting history facts
Maybe TTL 2007, there's a small fire occured in one of the towers of World Trade Center, with no casualites, same as OTL Ostankino tower?

Disclaimer: I'm not telling what Iwanh to do on his TL, this just a small suggestion, final decision , adopt it or not depends on Iwanh for sure, hands down.
OTL there was a 3-alarm fire at the North Tower in 1975 set by a disgruntled custodian

Wonder what 2000s Internet culture is like in a world without 9/11?
It might be very different
From chapter pop culture 2006
We saw MySpace were bigger than OTL
And WebTube wasn't doing well

In my opinion, the "Main Character" of this TL is : US, Afghanistan, Iraq and Russia.
Looking forward to see United States and Edwards again

Last edited: