For Want of A Sandwich - A Franz Ferdinand Lives Wikibox TL

A film festival in Shanghai... interesting.
Thanks !
How common would the idea that Imperial Japan was the worst regime be ITTL compared to the perspective IOTL on Stalinism or Maoism being worse than Nazism?

And on that note, what would TTL's equivalent to Cannes (in terms of prestige) be here?
It's quite an idea in Asia. The second worst regime would be theocratic Poland.
The Film Festival's prestige is split between Venice and Berlin. There is also a big name in Moscow.
@MaskedPickle ! Great work as always and happy new year!
Thank you, happy new year to you too !

Iteresting thing I read: It seems that OTL Louis Ferdinand wanted to marry Infanta Maria Cristina of Spain (Daughter of Alfonso XIII) but was rebuffed by the spanish royal family, wether because of religion, fear to pass haemophilia to the Hohenzollerns or the fact that Germany was under Hitler at the time i don't know but it is an interesting match. It brings a connection to the British Royal Family and an interesting paralel to OTL in that he married Kira while Russia was the Soviet Union, here he's marrying a spanish infanta while Spain is under the CWR. I'm not sure about diplomatic ramifications of that considering that unlike OTL, Germany is still a Monarchy but i think he could pull it in a "rebellious move". OTL he was the most "liberal" of the Princes and if he retains the personality he could pull off a full reconciliation with the catholics and the legacy of the kulturkampf. Also Kira wanted to marry Maria Christina's brother Alfonso but he never paid any attention to her (He would be long dead ITTL anyways but it's interesting they aimed for siblings and ended up marrying each other).

Another thing i read on a page about the Romanovs, it seems that in the 1900s there was a thought current amontg the younger members to create a more russified version of the mediatized Houses: Basically most if not all of the Rurikid families (Bariatinsky, Gagarin, Dolgorukov, etc.), Other families descended from the same ancestor as the OG Romanovs and some families that gave spouses to the earlier Tsars of Moscow. It would be interesting to see that comming to fruition if Russia's isolation after the GEW is too great for them to get many matches in europe (matching the anti-german sentiment after WWI in UK). I see Russia implementing that and goimg inwards for a few decades marriage wise, UK going through a similar process as OTL with intermarrying with British nobility albeit slower than OTL (They don't really have the concept of morganatic in british law). Maybe by the time of the Great Game it picks up, not sure how much anti-germsn sentiment might arise in the period while the rest of the continental families keep intermarrying with each other and the mediatized houses becoming a much more usual pool of potential spouses than otl.

Also for your consideration, Adolf Friedrich VI of Mecklenburg-Strelitz was linked to both Mary, Princess Royal and Princess Particia of Connaught. Both married during or after OTL WWI so there is also a possibility to make that match instead of Benigna of Reuss. It is said he was a big anglophile so it could be an interesting match either way.

Last edited:
Andean Confederation
AndeanConfederation.jpg

Thanks! Great work as always! Please do portugal next along with the bios for Duarte II and III!
I didn't forget !
Good thing Croatia avoided the horrors of the Ustashe.

Any details on how bad theocratic Poland was here and what were their most infamous actions here?

Speaking of which, what became of the Ustashe’s main figures ITTL?

Let's say that it was like the Handmaid's Tale. With nuclear fallout.
Pavelic, as such, was killed following a coup attempt.
What navy is the largest in the world ITTL? The Kaiserliche Marine, the United States Navy, the Japanese Navy, or the Chinese Navy?
The Kaiserliche Marine. The US Navy is not as strong, the Chinese Navy is expanding and the Japanese Navy had to sell a few ships to save money.
Iteresting thing I read: It seems that OTL Louis Ferdinand wanted to marry Infanta Maria Cristina of Spain (Daughter of Alfonso XIII) but was rebuffed by the spanish royal family, wether because of religion, fear to pass haemophilia to the Hohenzollerns or the fact that Germany was under Hitler at the time i don't know but it is an interesting match. It brings a connection to the British Royal Family and an interesting paralel to OTL in that he married Kira while Russia was the Soviet Union, here he's marrying a spanish infanta while Spain is under the CWR. I'm not sure about diplomatic ramifications of that considering that unlike OTL, Germany is still a Monarchy but i think he could pull it in a "rebellious move". OTL he was the most "liberal" of the Princes and if he retains the personality he could pull off a full reconciliation with the catholics and the legacy of the kulturkampf. Also Kira wanted to marry Maria Christina's brother Alfonso but he never paid any attention to her (He would be long dead ITTL anyways but it's interesting they aimed for siblings and ended up marrying each other).

Another thing i read on a page about the Romanovs, it seems that in the 1900s there was a thought current amontg the younger members to create a more russified version of the mediatized Houses: Basically most if not all of the Rurikid families (Bariatinsky, Gagarin, Dolgorukov, etc.), Other families descended from the same ancestor as the OG Romanovs and some families that gave spouses to the earlier Tsars of Moscow. It would be interesting to see that comming to fruition if Russia's isolation after the GEW is too great for them to get many matches in europe (matching the anti-german sentiment after WWI in UK). I see Russia implementing that and goimg inwards for a few decades marriage wise, UK going through a similar process as OTL with intermarrying with British nobility albeit slower than OTL (They don't really have the concept of morganatic in british law). Maybe by the time of the Great Game it picks up, not sure how much anti-germsn sentiment might arise in the period while the rest of the continental families keep intermarrying with each other and the mediatized houses becoming a much more usual pool of potential spouses than otl.

Also for your consideration, Adolf Friedrich VI of Mecklenburg-Strelitz was linked to both Mary, Princess Royal and Princess Particia of Connaught. Both married during or after OTL WWI so there is also a possibility to make that match instead of Benigna of Reuss. It is said he was a big anglophile so it could be an interesting match either way.
Thank you for your remarks. You should do a monarchic timeline...