For Want of A Sandwich - A Franz Ferdinand Lives Wikibox TL

Question: which are the most famous special units from among the major powers (Police and military): like OTLs GSG9, KSK and SEK from Germany, EKO Cobra from Austria, SAS from UK, SWAT, SEALS for the US, etc.?? I would assume that some of them would have different name and origin story ITTL

Question: which are the most famous special units from among the major powers (Police and military): like OTLs GSG9, KSK and SEK from Germany, EKO Cobra from Austria, SAS from UK, SWAT, SEALS for the US, etc.?? I would assume that some of them would have different name and origin story ITTL
On that note, what would be notable incidents involving these special forces like Storm-333 or the Bin Laden raid IOTL?

Almost forgot, what's the story behind Daimler-Benz-Suzuki (Cursed), Kia-Ford (Less Cursed) and Lamborghini-Bentley (Supremely Cursed).

What are other manufacturers like Chrysler, Rolls-Royce, Hyundai, Aston Martin and Ferrari doing these days. Is Opel with Vauxhall as in OTL?

Likely that VW doesn't exist (Along with Fanta, probably) thanks to no moustache man.

Almost forgot, what's the story behind Daimler-Benz-Suzuki (Cursed), Kia-Ford (Less Cursed) and Lamborghini-Bentley (Supremely Cursed).

What are other manufacturers like Chrysler, Rolls-Royce, Hyundai, Aston Martin and Ferrari doing these days. Is Opel with Vauxhall as in OTL?

Likely that VW doesn't exist (Along with Fanta, probably) thanks to no moustache man.

And if we go with cuisine there probably is not currywurst. And hopefully no one get idea to add pineapple to pizza.

And if we go with cuisine there probably is not currywurst. And hopefully no one get idea to add pineapple to pizza.
I'm not familiar with the story of the currywurst, would you mind to enlighten me? Also, I might get flak from this but i do like pineapple on pizza haha.

I'm not familiar with the story of the currywurst, would you mind to enlighten me? Also, I might get flak from this but i do like pineapple on pizza haha.

Currywurst was invented during post-WW2 occupation when one woman in West Berlin decided add to sausage spice sauce what she had bought from British soldiers. ITTL naturally no the occupation so not currywurst either.

Currywurst was invented during post-WW2 occupation when one woman in West Berlin decided add to sausage spice sauce what she had bought from British soldiers. ITTL naturally no the occupation so not currywurst either.
Ah gotcha, then you are right. Now it would maybe just depend on if the CWR influences someting during their occupation (Something French or Spanish, or any of their other nations) or if the Germans liberate their country alongside the British, it could pop up then?

With the division of Bosnia between Croatia and Serbia, how are the Bosniaks doing ITTL? Is there a distinct Bosniak identity or do most identify as Muslim Croats/Serbs? Also, considering the kind of fine gentleman (hah) the Serbian PM is IOTL, how screwed up is Serbia ITTL?

Last edited:
With the division of Bosnia between Croatia and Serbia, how are the Bosniaks doing ITTL? Is there a distinct Bosniak identity or do most identify as Muslim Croats/Serbs? Also, considering the kind of fine gentleman (hah) the Serbian PM is IOTL, how screwed up is Serbia ITTL?
I'd say they should be at least a bit better than OTL without the Ustase and the Yugoslav wars and their monarchies should at least be able to check some of the worst impulses. What would be interesting is to know wth happened during the republic considering its after the fall of the Danubian F. and close to the World War and its fun times around the continent.

How does music ITTL differ from our world? Who are the biggest musicians ITTL? Both currently and in the past. Did bands like Oasis, AC/DC, Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc. form as in OTL? Do we have the boom of pop, urban music, reggaeton, etc.?

On another note what about film composers like John Williams and Hans Zimmer? Ramin Djawadi?

How does music ITTL differ from our world? Who are the biggest musicians ITTL? Both currently and in the past. Did bands like Oasis, AC/DC, Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc. form as in OTL? Do we have the boom of pop, urban music, reggaeton, etc.?

On another note what about film composers like John Williams and Hans Zimmer? Ramin Djawadi?
Realistically any of the bands and artists mentioned would've been butterflied, but I've seen OTL's present day politicians in here, so anything goes I guess.

List of Ottoman Sultans
OttomanSultans.jpg

What happened to OTL Popes?
Most still made a career in the Church, but I will make an update about a Polish-American activist named Karol Wojtyla...
Great to hear and amazing work!
Thank you.
I like it - reminds me of my own ideas for ethnocacerism in Peru or Bolivia
Would like to see that !
Guess we have the world’s other major international headache now.
It already started...
Absolutely cursed Peru. Can't remember if Evo Morales rose to power in Bolivia ITTL? What happened with Alberto Fujimori in this timeline??
Morales is butterflied here.
One of the Prime Ministers of the Japanese Republic.

Speaking of Fujimori, what achievements did he have as PM ITTL here?

You're very right. I did not notice Kenya Fujimori.
Not much, he was a figurehead for Ishihara.
Can you a inform thread on this
I will !

There are many special forces. And yes, their origin is different.
On that note, what would be notable incidents involving these special forces like Storm-333 or the Bin Laden raid IOTL?
I will go into that.

I will cover that one day eventually.

Ah gotcha, then you are right. Now it would maybe just depend on if the CWR influences someting during their occupation (Something French or Spanish, or any of their other nations) or if the Germans liberate their country alongside the British, it could pop up then?
I had another plan for the currywurst, actually.
Bosniak identity is negated, they are classified as Muslims.
Andea, Azania.... Looks like INTERSTING TIMES they have in this world))
FORMIDABLE TIMES, indeed.
I'd say they should be at least a bit better than OTL without the Ustase and the Yugoslav wars and their monarchies should at least be able to check some of the worst impulses. What would be interesting is to know wth happened during the republic considering its after the fall of the Danubian F. and close to the World War and its fun times around the continent.
They had their share of violence.

Realistically any of the bands and artists mentioned would've been butterflied, but I've seen OTL's present day politicians in here, so anything goes I guess.
I have some plans about music, let's say German is also huge ITTL.