For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

There was also the Japan Rocket Society, one of the first organizations to envision mass space tourism (1 million/year) with the Kankoh-maru.

And imagine the space resort and pleasant Japanese announcer lady saying "Please wait while we normalize gravity."

Though for the mining I have two ideas for music blaring

Or Japanese metal

Though if they want to splurge go with a Japanese Anime opening theme.

Based on the information given in "Global Space Boom" (1986 news report), I assume that Japan has its own space station (it is said India "joined" countries like Japan in said boom), a HOPE spaceplane like Polaris, a small Moon base after China opened theirs in 1987, and Mars probes.

(source: JAXA Digital Archives)

elHmFrK.jpg

Last edited:
I hope Japan is gonna get more focus on next Season, like Daniel did after Season 2.

As for North Korea, I have a question: if they find out their cosmonaut made alive to Mars, how will their government react?

I hope Japan is gonna get more focus on next Season, like Daniel did after Season 2.
yes, a multipolar story is always more interesting .in latin america peru and brazil have a very close relationship with japan. With Brazil having the largest number of Japanese immigrants in the world and Peru already had a president of Japanese descent. we could have, for example, something like this happening in the otl where china has become more important for latin countries than the usa. but in ttl it's japan instead of china.
As for North Korea, I have a question: if they find out their cosmonaut made alive to Mars, how will their government react?
north korea is the best korea, communism beats capitalism again. Kim jong un is best kim.
Now geopolitically this will show the other countries that are behind the ussr and the usa, that it is possible to overcome both. That with enough ambition the biggest world powers (USA and USSR) can be beaten. It will basically be when other powers managed to match Portugal and Spain in the colonial period and the great navigations. It will animate these new powers.
It will be the moment that all these powers will try to reach and beat the USA and the USSR. With the idea that if North Korea beat them both why can't my country beat them too?

Last edited:
oh Ronald D Moore.

You couldn't resist could you?

It seems like two and half seasons of a series is really all he can manage before he goes totally off the rail, writes himself into a hole, and then starts to pull things out of his arse to try and get out again.
I'm still waiting for the Final Five to turn up and start playing "All Along The Watchtower"... :)

It will be the moment that all these powers will try to reach and beat the USA and the USSR. With the idea that if North Korea beat them both why can't my country beat them too?

Looks like the key to keep the Space Race going, and thus assuring Humanity's place among the Stars, is making sure the USA never "win".

And I have a small question: Kelly's baby, if survives and come on Earth, could become a celebrity in the future? "The first Martianborn"...

I wonder if they ever had a first "Moonborn"...

Looks like the key to keep the Space Race going, and thus assuring Humanity's place among the Stars, is making sure the USA never "win".
to be honest losing to north korea is humiliating for the soviet union too.
And I have a small question: Kelly's baby, if survives and come on Earth, could become a celebrity in the future? "The first Martianborn"...
I think it would technically be spaceborn due to being born in space
I wonder if they ever had a first "Moonborn"...
probably not yet, with her only having the child in the region due to the fact that she has no way to return to earth

to be honest losing to north korea is humiliating for the soviet union too.
The key difference is, if this North Korea has no nuke, and China is angry at it too, then maybe the URSS and CPR could... put someone else in place of Kim?

I think it would technically be spaceborn due to being born in space
In the collective minds, is already born on Mars.

probably not yet, with her only having the child in the region due to the fact that she has no way to return to earth

Wonder if they'll explore the "humans born and growing outside Earth" issues in future seasons...

The key difference is, if this North Korea has no nuke, and China is angry at it too, then maybe the URSS and CPR could... put someone else in place of Kim?
maybe a less ambitious kim.
Wonder if they'll explore the "humans born and growing outside Earth" issues in future seasons...
probably if it is created off the earth in an area without the gravity of the earth the person will not be able to return to the planet. Maybe the beginning of the real colonization of space with the colonies extracting resources and sending them to the metropolis. It will be interesting to see if the USA will participate or all the events of this season freeze the American space race for a long time.

maybe a less ambitious kim.

probably if it is created off the earth in an area without the gravity of the earth the person will not be able to return to the planet. Maybe the beginning of the real colonization of space with the colonies extracting resources and sending them to the metropolis. It will be interesting to see if the USA will participate or all the events of this season freeze the American space race for a long time.
I do hope we get to see if they find some way to create Earth-gravity environments... on the Moon and Mars proper, not just on orbiting stations...