For a Gore Prosperous Tomorrow

I kind of want to see what happened to the toy companies ITTL Hasbro, Mattel, Lego etc, and how the pod affected them not only culturally wise (as in pop-culture changes) but also physically wise (How the Gore Administration's Policies may have affected them).

I kind of want to see what happened to the toy companies ITTL Hasbro, Mattel, Lego etc, and how the pod affected them not only culturally wise (as in pop-culture changes) but also physically wise (How the Gore Administration's Policies may have affected them).

Well, 2007 is gonna be a bit rougher with Hasbro there. Same with Mattel and their recalls: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattel#History

Not sure how Lego will be affected, but probably a bit of a change in their types of stuff.

Well, 2007 is gonna be a bit rougher with Hasbro there. Same with Mattel and their recalls
Ouch from I've read in the articles, yea it looks like they've have a rough road ahead of them.
Not sure how Lego will be affected, but probably a bit of a change in their types of stuff.
Well Lego hasn't pulled any of the inhumane stuff Hasbro and Mattel have so perhaps not much will change from OTL. Though if Bionicle doesn't get cancelled or at least gets a more proper conclusion that would be nice.

I listed why spiderman fell apart and final crisis
Spider-Man 3 fell apart through a combination of the issues of OTL made worse along with the issues going on in Spider-Man 2 being carried over, contract disagreements and so on. Things like which actor should play Spidey, the Venom debacle, MJ’s actress quitting and so on. This getting leaked to social media made it more of a debacle.

And Final Crisis is more or less the same except the ending leading to a reboot of the DC universe. Think New 52, but done right.

What's tv shows looking like?

For the most part, sorta the same. 9/11’s quicker resolution means less terrorist plots and of course, no Bush jokes. White collar crime takes off along with environmentalist themes with the Exxon-Mobil scandal. Beyond that, I reckon most of the stuff remains somewhat the same.

Stuff is probably a bit more serious. No Bush means the zeitgeist is different and Gore just kinda becomes someone to look up to for the American people.

Adult animation takes a hit with Simpsons deciding to finish up (besides some Treehouse of Horror specials and comics) though Futurama returns. Family Guy is not revived and American Dad never made. On the other hand Teen Titans getting an extra season due to a social media campaign and Indiegogo meant that showrunners realized people were interested in dramedy and action, along with the idea that people would offer to help pay with shows, which could circumvent advertisement

Last edited:
I'd like to hear more about how the Internet and Cyber Security is progressing.

Cyber security is taken more seriously than in OTL starting with Gore’s digital cabinet and continuing with McCain. They have been keeping up with white hats and black hats and thus more prepared than OTL for potential problems.

The Internet meanwhile is a bit different in culture. In some ways, it follows the same routes of sprite comics, flash animation and forums that would move on to see videos on YouTube and other sites with folks like Equals Three and Epic Meal Time. On the other hand, the idea of crowdfunding takes off sooner because of Project MAY. Other companies for similar collaborations like Facebook and Veoh, or Newgrounds and Reddit. Also, Internet is a fair bit nicer because of Mr. Rogers living a bit longer and having a YouTube channel where he posts episodes. Likely finished it by now.

Hmm... wondering how to do this regarding pop culture and whatnot. Granted I think it's easier if I answer questions for that. Anything else or otherwise?

I know there's some stuff on elections! Honduras finally had their election but surprised everyone with who won: Bernard Martínez Valerio of PINU, Partido Innovación y Unidad
or the Innovation and Unity Party.

I want to see more on what President McCain can do about education, specifically how inquiries can be made to see what kind of degrees are being pursued and how useful they are (i.e. Gender Studies Degree) and how Universities are wasting Federal Money.

Did Tipper Gore go on another crusade against music and video games? How censored is the internet in this TL?
No different than OTL and Tipper Gore's crusade from what I can tell is her just wanting to put advisory signs on music.

"In 1985, Tipper Gore co-founded the Parents Music Resource Center (PMRC) with Susan Baker, wife of then–United States secretary of the treasury James Baker, because Gore heard her then 11-year-old daughter Karenna playing "Darling Nikki" by Prince.[19] The group's goal was to increase parental and consumer awareness of music that contained explicit content through voluntary labeling albums with Parental Advisory stickers.

She's likely been accused of censoring since if parents know what is on albums or CDs, they may not buy them for their kids or teenagers. Cue angry teenagers for not getting the CD of cusswords and annoyed musicans not get some extra money.

Her time as First Lady was more on mental health awareness, women's causes, children's causes, LGBT rights and reducing homelessness.

Last edited:
Still wondering how to write on reflection of the decade if anything. I'm thinking may we can try and picture what our lives would be like in these past alternate 10 years. I can even start us off if ya'll wanna do this.

Still wondering how to write on reflection of the decade if anything. I'm thinking may we can try and picture what our lives would be like in these past alternate 10 years. I can even start us off if ya'll wanna do this.
It's alright take as much time as you need, there's no need to rush your work if it's not ready.

Decade Anecdotal Reflections 2000-2009
Well, here is somethign new for a personal touch! Me writing a reflection as if I grew up here in this timeline.

Through the Decade 2000-2009

"I was in third grade when 9/11 happened. I did not think much of it. I was one of those kids that lived kinda in my head. Plus I was in third game. Not much I could remember. I could remember everyone celebrating when Osama Bin Laden was caught. I did watch a bit of the trial with my dad. My younger brother and I were grade schoolers so large improtant international affairs like this were above our head, but our dad thought it is important. One thing I did remember that my dad clarified was on how the people that did the thing had no plan for what they supposedly wanted to do. My dad taught me that if you were gonna complain about something, you need to at least try to have a working solution. The whole thing I think made me think of Gore as someone who knew what they were doing. Otherwise, I was more focused on my personal stuff like school, reading, drawing, toys and video games. I was just a kid after all. What else could I do? I just played my Gamecube and games like Super Smash Bros Melee with my brother. He usually beat me though I liked Krystal because she used magic. Looking back, there was one major thing that I did not recognize until I was older and looked into it. Namely that the company my dad worked at, Hewlett-Packard, was gonna buy another Compaq, but the thing that happened with Microsoft and its division into MSApps and Microsoft Operations gave everyone cold feet. Wonder what would've happened if the deal went through... "

"Of course, as I grew older, I was able to better understand stuff. The Exxon-Mobil scandal was another. I was around 10-11 during 2004. I was a middle schooler and the whole thing was talked about by the teachers so naturally even some of the students talked about it. I mean, it's not everyday when a president forces a big company to tell America and the world that they were lying to them and hiding the truth. They obviously wouldn't say it was because of money, but even back then, it was kinda obvious. It blew my mind. I was a person of reason and purpose, even if I was emotional. The thought of that selfishness bothered the heck out of me and still does. Being green became more popular, but it was the how that was different. I grew up in a smallish town in the northenist part of Georgia so the guys preferred more outdoorsy ways for protecting the environment. Of course, some of the kids who had dads that hunted noted this. Looking back, I think the scandal did kinda serve as a massive thing even for teens and tweens. That big companies can and will lie to you for the sake of it. For alot of ys that were young, such a blatant example did not escape us and I think it changed how some of us grew back . I know it changed some of the grown-ups. When we went back to class, I entered middle school and some of us recalled how our parents voted for 2004. More people voted for Gore than they did for Bush, some saying that Gore changed some of their parents. I didn't understand the whole conservative or liberal thing back then. None of us around my age did, but we could see Gore becoming an important president. Another was on the talk of Medicare for Kids. I grew up with good insurance thanks to my dad's job. The idea that some kids had trouble going to the doctor because their parents couldn't pay blew my mind. It... it sounded so wrong. The fact some places in Europe covered kids and adults just made it big. I began talking a bit more on politics back then. My dad encouraged it. It made me sound more grown-up and I liked that. I also began learning about taxes and so on. I still didn
't wholly get it, but I did know that if it's working for one group, it should work for us. I also heard about Facebook and Myspace for the first time. I did not really have full internet access yet on my computer, but I did think about it. Only news that hit me was on Marvel and Nestle. My dad's a Spider-Man fan so he was a bit surprised by what it mean and my uncle, a bigger fan, had to. I did not know what to think of it, but remembering how old Spider-Man was and how it ran and how things were the same. Maybe a redo was good, I thought. Nestle was also where I learned about environmental costs to stuff. I mean, I loved hocolate so hearing the news was worth my interest. Learning about the stuff regarding bottled water was seriously messed up. I think even at school it was noticed as I saw less water bottles and more people bringing their own or like those big water jugs."

"Change was more gradual, but more noticeable once I became a teenager and began experiencing all the ups and downs. Now having the internet, it meant I could do stuff like check out the social media stuff and so on. Myspace looked neat and hearing Gore talked about it, would make one around 2007. I was exploring more the Internet. I was going on to learn about Project MAY. Myspace's partnership with Artistshare and Youtube. The idea of people giving money to support artists seemed really cool and I couldn't help but show my dad. He found it fascinating. My folks always tried to maintain interest and so on with our stuff, but it was because it meant a lot to us. This was something that even grabbed his attention and I think some of his co-workers. Entering high school had me websurfing as my main hobby and I delved deeper. I discovered a lot. I did not grow up watching Fred Rogers as a kid, so discovering his stuff on Youtube touched me like never before. I felt better about myself. I began taking a bit more seriously on maybe making money throug the internet. Of course, I was still insecure; I did not think i could match up to all the talented people online. Other things began changing me. I was surprised that Teen Titans could return if people sent money. My dad was skeptical on the thing, but he said it was my money. He helped me send it on Indiegogo. Surprise, surprise, the whole thing caught attention and it worked. I felt empowered and important. Sure there was some stuff on whether they could some names in as credits (I sent in 20 bucks because I was determined) and so on. But I got a commerative item and it felt... really nice. Caught my dad and brother by surprise. I think alot of people saw this as kinda a future thing. People pay and support what they like. It seemed obvious."

"The Simpsons ending was surprising. I did see the movie after all and hearing it ending reminded me of change. I remember being bummed out that Spider-Man 3 was cancelled as a film, but when I read up on the problems, I got a reminder the people making this stuff also have reasons. As time went by, I played new games. I remember getting a Nintendo Wii and have some fun there while my brother got an Xbox 360. I did not spend as much money there because of college coming up. I loved playing Brawl and found alot of the heroines introduced fascinating and pretty cool. My brother and I had different tastes in gaming and he played more mature games. However, there was one game that changed me forever. I first heard about it through roleplaying on the Serebii forums.... Persona. Persona 4 appeared on the Xbox 360 and I wanted to try it out. I asked and I would be recommended it, so I bought the game after my brother agreed I could use his Xbox 360 for it. Persona 4 I think was the game that helped me grow up. I was an insecure teenager wrestling with my problems, especially around the end of the decade. I had little friends. Playing this game... I related to everyone of the characters and the game consumed me. I laughed, I got mad, I even cried. No other game beforehand go to me in such a way. I devoured the game and everything on it, including what went behind it. I learned about Karl Jung there and I also discovered Jojo's Bizarre Adventure through there when i brought it up online. The game helped me through a rough time and helped accept the complicated parts of me. I thought the whole thing with Personas and later Stands would be cool and I thought I would wanna write something like that. Don't think I would've played it if the game was a Sony exclusive since neither my brother nor I had a Playstation 3. With 2010 coming, I guess there's more changes. The Recession sorta hit the family. My dad still remained with the company for the time being. I was a bit more aware of stuff around me than I thought I would be. I guess I have to think more on my future and what I wanna do when I go to college. But looking at the past 10 years, was something special."

Last edited: