Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Aaaaand in news slightly less influenced by neuroactive chemicals, I think I'll introduce myself to the forums with a flag:

NipponFlag1.png

I'm playing Japan in the now-starting 4th incarnation of a naval-centric alternate history game on another forum, and came up with this because I didn't feel like just resorting to a meatball, no matter how cute.

...Aaaaand in news slightly less influenced by neuroactive chemicals, I think I'll introduce myself to the forums with a flag:

NipponFlag1.png

I'm playing Japan in the now-starting 4th incarnation of a naval-centric alternate history game on another forum, and came up with this because I didn't feel like just resorting to a meatball, no matter how cute.

I like the minimalism. But I don't know about the emphasis. I think it may work better if its flipped, with the half-meatball on the left, since that's where it'd be hanging on the flag pole.

I like the minimalism. But I don't know about the emphasis. I think it may work better if its flipped, with the half-meatball on the left, since that's where it'd be hanging on the flag pole.
*tries it*

...Hmmm.

Yeah, I think it does work better. Why didn't I think of that?

*replaces old photobucket link*

kev5eaep.png

Regimental Colours of Her Imperial Majesty's 1st 'Royal' Regiment of Guards
... in a Code Geass universe. I would have used the original flag of the Realm, but for one it is entirely in-vectorisable and for another it sucks from an objective POV. Therefore I used the arms of the UK. The monogram - N I - means Nunnally Imperatrix. Actually, this is my first project with Inkscape ... and it sucks.

3hzfvase.png

Charles zi Britannia, or Carolus III Imperator / Charles III in the timeline I base my fanfiction upon.

zip5v2fd.png

Take an educated guess who that magnificient, egocentric bastard might be.

9gd4i976.png

Nunnally Imperatrix. The "I" looks a little off ...

c4g8knrl.png

One of my OCs, Carolus IV Imperator or Charles IV, formerly General Charles Arthur Wellesley-Beaufort, Duke of Wellington and Lancaster, now an involuntary usurper controlling the southern part of the Realm.

zf5e49rf.png

His son, who calls himself Lelouch II Imperator. He's just as big an egomanical bastard as Lelouch, but without the magnificience and the sister complex. Or any good character trait, while we're at it.

Please tell me what you think about the colours and the monograms.

Thande

Donor
Here's a communist Ireland. I'll work on the Scotland one when I get home this afternoon.
I would suggest incorporating the Starry Plough into that as it is Ireland's distinctive far-left symbol. You can see it used below (these flags are from EdT's excellent "Fight and Be Right" timeline, in which the British Empire suffers a Syndicalist revolution and becomes a sort of alt-Soviet Union).

FWR 2.jpg

I would suggest incorporating the Starry Plough into that as it is Ireland's distinctive far-left symbol. You can see it used below (these flags are from EdT's excellent "Fight and Be Right" timeline, in which the British Empire suffers a Syndicalist revolution and becomes a sort of alt-Soviet Union).

Most flags look good enough for their purpose but the english one seems odd to me as it contain an overtly royalist symbol (the tudor rose) and a religious one (the white cross)

The second line has damnation to the banish pits written all over it. If he's not trolling, he sure seems to be.

Back on topic:

Challenge: A flag of a modern Spanish Netherlands.

How's this? Essentially building on the fact that Brabant was the capital of the Spanish Netherlands and using their colours and spanish colours alongside their emblems.

Also - surviving HRE in whatever form...possibly a royalist supranational organisation?

SpainNeth.png

Last edited:
Just toying with fonts and inkscape

Flag of a counter-revolutionnary movment in the Kingdom of England

Basically Rex = King, Fid = Fidelis, Loyalty, Pat = Patria, Country, Deo = God.

Besides, if someone can do this for me

State/Nation : Kingdom of Outre-Sicily
History : Surviving Norman state in Tunisia, approximatly the half of the country plus possessions in Trioplitaine
Government : Absolut monarchy - Part of Sicily (Naples+Palermo) Crown.
Era : 1750's

g3209.png

The second line has damnation to the banish pits written all over it. If he's not trolling, he sure seems to be.

Back on topic:

Challenge: A flag of a modern Spanish Netherlands.
How's this?
napoleon53modernspanish.png

I made it a simplistic tricolour since you asked for a modern flag. It's based on the alleged flag of the Spanish Netherlands. (Well, it pretty much IS the alleged flag of the Spanish Netherlands. Don't see why it would have changed much, considering it was supposedly in use for the entire duration of the Spanish rule in the Netherlands.)

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Most flags look good enough for their purpose but the english one seems odd to me as it contain an overtly royalist symbol (the tudor rose) and a religious one (the white cross)

England doesn't do republicanism very well; during the Commonwealth they still had crowns on all the republican coats of arms.

The Tudor Rose however has in any case more become a symbol of England (as opposed to the other parts of the UK) than a royal symbol. The background is EdT mixing the St George's Cross of England with the old English Republican banner of green, white and red, which was used by the Chartists and related to the flags used by the Patriotes in the Canadian Rebellions of the 1830s.

(Also I don't recall if the FWR is actually anti-religion so the whole cross thing may not apply...in any case the USSR also used some flags with crosses on, principally naval jacks; the religious symbolism is often forgotten when they have been used for so many years).

Status
Not open for further replies.