Fictional inventory of modern airforces

Its true, In the months before D-day they wanted to do just that, can't recall where the British stood on the matter however the Canadian Gov talked them out of it
From what I've read that was never more than a diplomatic push in order to try and marginalise Dev post war, there was never any military intention or plan.

That came later
While the public level of isloation was later, the attempts to set the narrative came before during the war (which remember had the backdrop of extremely poor Irish-American diplomatic relations , again I've never seen sources suggesting the US made active plans for attacking the Ports, by the time they had forces heavily deployed NI was fine for them. I find it hard to imagine that FDR would risk the potential blowback from the Irish American bloc that any active hostilities between the US and Ireland would risk?

Pangur

Donor
While the public level of isloation was later, the attempts to set the narrative came before during the war (which remember had the backdrop of extremely poor Irish-American diplomatic relations , again I've never seen sources suggesting the US made active plans for attacking the Ports, by the time they had forces heavily deployed NI was fine for them. I find it hard to imagine that FDR would risk the potential blowback from the Irish American bloc that any active hostilities between the US and Ireland would risk?
They were not after the ports, its was all 26 counties because as I recall it they thought that it was a nest of Germany spies. Recalling a bit more this over all topic I THOUGHT it was the US State department that led the say re marginalising Dev and Ireland. They stopped Ireland joining the UN earlier than it did (I could well have that bit wrong)