(Failure of the House of) Brandenburg: A Vastly Different Seven Years' War

How should the USA be structured?

• Normal states + autonomous Native states

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Normal states (including Native-majority) and reservations in normal states

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Normal states with MAXIMUM NATIVE STATES (autonomous)

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Normal states with no Native-based states

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright. The first one is essentially how the USA is right now: self-rule but still participating in the US in elections and stuff. Honestly, probably not the best idea. Probably will end up being the second option.
I like the idea of Native states, because such a thing would most likely result in a US where Native American culture is far more prominent, although I'm not sure about there still being reserves.

I like the idea of Native states, because such a thing would most likely result in a US where Native American culture is far more prominent, although I'm not sure about there still being reserves.
Fair enough: it was more of a population-based thing. Also because I keep on thinking "Why would there only be six-seven Amerindian states when there were so many tribes in the Northwest Territory + elsewhere"

SERVIA + RUMANIA
HELLO <USER>! WHAT DO YOU NEED RIGHT NOW?
>access THE DATABASE
LOADING <THE DATABASE>
OPENING THE DATABASE!
>access the Balkans
upload_2018-8-25_21-38-50.png

[[EMPIRE OF SERVIA]]
<KINGDOM OF RUMANIA>
<KINGDOM OF BULGARIA>
<HELLENIC REPUBLIC>
<JEWISH REPUBLIC OF SALONIKA>
<REPUBLIC OF TURKEY>
upload_2018-8-25_21-42-0.png

SHOW COMPLIMENTARY FILES?
>Y
upload_2018-8-25_21-43-4.png

<--
<EMPIRE OF SERVIA>
[[KINGDOM OF RUMANIA]]
<KINGDOM OF BULGARIA>
<HELLENIC REPUBLIC>
<JEWISH REPUBLIC OF SALONIKA>
<REPUBLIC OF TURKEY>
upload_2018-8-25_21-44-11.png

SHOW COMPLIMENTARY FILES?
>Y
upload_2018-8-25_21-47-12.png

<--
<--
CLOSING THE DATABASE.
HAVE A GOOD DAY!

Something to that affect. I'm on the fence about how advanced computers are in Brandenburg: somewhere between the Database being a moderately old software (early 2000s), or it's just the norm.
Well, I like how this isn't just literally Wikipedia, only in a different timeline. The way you did it spiced things up a bit.

As for computers, if you want to find a compromise might I suggest touch-screens never existing?

Well, I like how this isn't just literally Wikipedia, only in a different timeline. The way you did it spiced things up a bit.

As for computers, if you want to find a compromise might I suggest touch-screens never existing?
That'd be fair, yeah. Computers are probably, about, eh, a decade behind our's. Maybe a bit more.

That'd be fair, yeah. Computers are probably, about, eh, a decade behind our's. Maybe a bit more.
That, or no one really ever sees the need or practicality for touch screens so your run-of-the-mill laptops chug along as the dominiant public computer. Smartphones, if they exist, would be interesting to see ITTL.

Union of the Californias
bra cali.png

The Union of the Californias (also simply called California for short) is a North American republic. It was founded during the Latin American Revolutions (1790s-1817)[1]. The Union, despite being founded by Hispanics, is heavily multicultural, stemming from the country's heavy amount of gold leading to many populations migrating to the nation to attempt to gain wealth. These gold rushes, however, weren't beneficial for all Californians: Amerindian populations were often slaughtered if gold was found on their lands, and survivors often retreated inland. Because of this, many of these tribes survive in Native Reservations; however, many individual Amerindians settle in large cities (like San Francisco or Los Angeles).
Beyond the Amerindian and Hispanic roots of the nation, French and English culture have also deep-seated roots in some regions of California. It was French Acadians and Louisianans that settled most of the Great Salt Lake, including the capital of Youta, Carrefour City
[2]. English explorers mapped out much of the northern regions of California when surveying territory gained over Russia in the 1830s[3].
The Union is considered a fairly free democracy, though there is some corruption; the nation is highly developed and her citizens are among the happiest worldwide. The current president, José Guadalupe Osuna Millán, was elected in 2015, making him the 45th president in the country's history
[4]. He was on the Conservative Party's ballot. In his single year as president, President Millán has seen a major crack-down on anti-Amerindian sentiments, as well as trafficking of persons and illicit drugs through the country.
---
[1] The Latin American Revolutions started with Mexican revolution (inspired mostly by the success of the Americans), and the trend continued through much of New Spain. It mostly stemmed from the lack of say in Spanish government, as well as dissatisfaction in the outcome of the Luso-Hispanic Theater.
[2] The Mormons traveled to the north into Hudsonia ITTL, leaving the Great Salt Lake mostly Native for a fair bit longer. Carrefour is French for "crossroads," in reference to a nickname of the Salt Lake City
[3] Some big Anglo-Russian War. I'll try tackling this sooner or later, seeing as I just made it up now
[4] A couple numbers off, blame it on extended presidencies and stuff like that.
---
A/N: I have some ideas for Mexico and some of her close allies, so expect that next!!

Last edited:
I noticed that “Mormons” are listed in the “other” section. Do ethnic Mormons exist ITTL?

I noticed that “Mormons” are listed in the “other” section. Do ethnic Mormons exist ITTL?
The demographics are a mixture of ethno-linguistic groups and cultural groups, with the latter being much more prominent in the labels.

--STATUS UPDATE ON BRANDENBURG--
Progress on the USA:
upload_2018-9-3_22-8-22.png

I would have made more progress, but I have been in a bit of a dilemma regarding the placement of the Five Civilized Tribes (other than the Seminole), as they were constantly migrated about following the American Independence, so I don't know what borders I should give them.
-
Progress on the Mexico Map:
Mexico map is done, but I'm planning another part to it - namely, some view of the modern internet in Brandenburg (~Windows 95 level stuff IOTL) about the Yucatan elections.
-
Other:
School starts tomorrow, and I have been getting a bit burnt out. Though, I should be able to work on this more soon. Just need ideas + motivation to get some of these maps done, then I'll be on the right track.

Deleted member 105545

Progress on the USA:
View attachment 406191
I would have made more progress, but I have been in a bit of a dilemma regarding the placement of the Five Civilized Tribes (other than the Seminole), as they were constantly migrated about following the American Independence, so I don't know what borders I should give them.
-
Mexico map is done, but I'm planning another part to it - namely, some view of the modern internet in Brandenburg (~Windows 95 level stuff IOTL) about the Yucatan elections.
-
Other:
School starts tomorrow, and I have been getting a bit burnt out. Though, I should be able to work on this more soon. Just need ideas + motivation to get some of these maps done, then I'll be on the right track.
never change that maine

Progress on the USA:
View attachment 406191
-
-
Other:

Emphasis mine; I would award the areas indicated in THIS map to the Five Tribes, to include the non-tribal/shaded part in the middle of what would be Alabama/Mississippi (i.e. Tuscaloosa and company). That leaves the coastal plain for (West) Florida and Louisiana to use for farming/crop land, and still allows a large portion of land to belong to Georgia.

Cities Around The World #1: Batavia
The City of Batavia, the Netherlands (Java Province)
1024px-Jakarta_History_Museum_March_2015.JPG

A pleasant view of the Provincial Capital of the exotic Dutch province of Java (within the Crown Colony of the East Indies) tells much of what one needs to know about the city: her thriving and bustling commotion, her beauteous mixture of Peoples (both of Europe and of the Orient) who come together to make Batavia the thriving centre of the Spice Market, and the setting aside of bloody pasts to make it occur. For, yes, what was true within many colonies the World-over is indeed true for the Netherlands, as well: there are still the darkened beliefs of the Olden Times impressed on society, whether her citizens know it or not. Subtle injustices that have been called out, one by one, into light. As a result, the Natives of the Indonesian Provinces have experienced an increase in rights for the past several decades, and are now oftentimes seen as equals in the eyes of the Law and of the citizens of Batavia.
1024px-Hotel_Metropole_Hanoi_02.jpg

Indonesian Natives at the Royal Crown Hotel (Dutch: Koninklijke-Kroon Hotel), a highly-related hotel that displays the growing prominence in the Native Upper Class. It took until 1957 for the Dutch Government to pass the Anti-Apartheid in the Crown's Regions Abroad, forcing buildings like apartments, hospitals, and educational facilities to allow peoples of any ethnic or national background.

((A/N: Apologies for such a long disappearance! Kinda hit a disinterested period in Brandenburg, sad to say. I still have that Mexico map done, and most of the US map, as well, but I've been a lazy ass and haven't finished them quite yet. I might get to it soon, so wait on that I guess? Next one of these is probably going to be on Carrefour City))

Glad to see that Brandenburg's back, @Bennett! So are the Dutch attempting to completely integrate the East Indies into the Dutch government and abolish the colonial regime? And how did the Netherlands become a monarchy ITTL without Napoleon around to conquer the United Probinces?

Glad to see that Brandenburg's back, @Bennett! So are the Dutch attempting to completely integrate the East Indies into the Dutch government and abolish the colonial regime? And how did the Netherlands become a monarchy ITTL without Napoleon around to conquer the United Probinces?
The Dutch were able to keep their grip on some of the East Indies, while most of it rebelled and formed the Union of Nusantara (it's on the most recent world map: I'd work on it in QBAM but the Worlda internals for West Borneo are pretty hard to find, though a friend did find a video that showed them, so I might work on that soon). The monarchy came about through rebellion: Belgians under Dutch control revolted, and liberals teamed up with them. They were sent away to New Holland. Either that or it's still princes and I just messed it up for that one thing (honestly, the fact that the Dutch Republic was ruled by princes slipped my mind). It's either one or the other and I'll decide when I cover Nusantara.