Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

Dirk_Pitt

Banned
And the mod we're all going to play is already being worked on. MEIOU and Death & Taxes have merged to form MEIOU & Taxes, aka the God Mod.

Is this confirmed or you just joking? If so hopefully it's easier to install than MEIOU was and has better RAM requirements.

There goes my free time. Preordered for the converter last week. If Paradox didn't make such darn good games...

Overall it looks great, I especially like the coalition wars and how it's designed to prevent blobbing. The only negative thing I've heard is that since everything is based on monarch points, seafaring colonizing nations will end up with backwards navies and advanced armies. Hopefully it'll be addressed in patches and the legion of DLC's they're planning.

I'll probably play a quick game as France of England to learn the ropes, but my first real game will be as the Teutonic Order :D By the time I'm done with that, my CK2 import featuring an early Austria-Hungary, semi-united Scandinavia, Germany vs Bavaria, Scotland dominated Britain, and HRE like Empire of Francia will be ready!

Faeelin

Banned
There goes my free time. Preordered for the converter last week. If Paradox didn't make such darn good games...

Overall it looks great, I especially like the coalition wars and how it's designed to prevent blobbing. The only negative thing I've heard is that since everything is based on monarch points, seafaring colonizing nations will end up with backwards navies and advanced armies. Hopefully it'll be addressed in patches and the legion of DLC's they're planning.

This is one of the reasons I am holding off, actually.

So looking forward to playing! I wish they had released slightly sooner though because school starts a week afterwards for me and I work yet.

So what time zone time is the game being released?
I know that when I get off work tonight it will be tomorrow already for a large part of the world.

So looking forward to playing! I wish they had released slightly sooner though because school starts a week afterwards for me and I work yet.

I know that when I get off work tonight it will be tomorrow already for a large part of the world.

15.00 CET, I think.

For Americans, 9 AM EST.

So it seems I have to use steam to get the game, even though I bought it through gamersgate?

Edit: Figured it out. Just had to do more than I anticipated! Looks like I will have two accounts to buy games now, not something I was planning on either! ^_^

Last edited:
Well... The diplomacy and interface and all that, absolutely amazing. Brilliant job on that.

But it lags slightly on my PC, which majorly detracts from my experience. And it has DLC, which means I instantly dislike the game. And I also miss the 1399 start date. I loved how Europe was fragmented in all these tiny states. Now there is no fractured Netherlands or France, for example.

All in all, I guess I'll be sticking with Divine Wind, if only for the slight lag. But this is an awesome game really; the new ideas, decisions, diplomacy, et cetera, looks cool to me. I'm unsure which map I prefer though; I'm hestiant to say it, but I think Divine Wind looks nicer / crisper / better. But I also (vastly!) prefer the map of Civilization III over IV and V.