Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

I played for about ten years as Venice to learn the ropes just now. I enjoy it, and I really think the trade and diplomatic systems are significantly improved.

Issue of the map of Europe being blank, no matter what I pick: political, religion, etc.

Need to figure this out so I can actually play :/

Okay, I am scared. As Tuscany I annexed Urbino, I had a CB and everything. Yet it still gives me a huge malus to relations, something like "Agressive expansion -30", which will take like 15 years to dissapear.

Anyone knows if I annex weak and isolated Siena to the south, will I get yet another negative modifier that stacks? The Papal States and Milan are both capable to contain me, so I cannot risk it.

Honestly this series reminds me of CoD more and more. Y'all don't like the later start date? No worries! An expansion pack is coming out next year that will add 50 years to the game.

At least they don't charge $60, and obviously their games are of relatively higher quality than CoD, so I'm not going to shoot them down for everything. But just be on your toes for Holiday 2015 when the fourth expansion, "Holy Breeze" comes out.

Honestly this series reminds me of CoD more and more. Y'all don't like the later start date? No worries! An expansion pack is coming out next year that will add 50 years to the game.

At least they don't charge $60, and obviously their games are of relatively higher quality than CoD, so I'm not going to shoot them down for everything. But just be on your toes for Holiday 2015 when the fourth expansion, "Holy Breeze" comes out.

You say that like EU3 didn't do exactly the same thing coming out in 2007. Or does no one remember Napoleon's Ambition?

I'm sorry? What exactly are you on about? Would you rather they just forget the game after launch?

Meanwhile,EU3.
Do you realize the game gets better everytime?
EU3 was total bugfest and crap,before the patches and Expansions.

You say that like EU3 didn't do exactly the same thing coming out in 2007. Or does no one remember Napoleon's Ambition?

Of course not I am directly referencing EU3, how the hell was that not clear?

@TheTimeRanger - Yes I'm sure the game does get better every time, though there is Malagasy the cost of these improvements...do you seriously believe this game has no bugs or flaws? It was made by Paradox!

In essence what I'm going on about (since apparently I wasn't clear) is that this game series is just a slew of 9/10s finished games that need DLC to stay playable.

Completely unplayable at the moment for me. There is no map of any kind wherever I play, all I get are the names and no idea how to contact or use the paradox forum to get help.

I have uninstalled and redone that, I have forgone the 3DLCs and tried. Nothing. So I'm going to either see if anyone else is having this trouble, or if any of you can think of a solution. Meanwhile, I'm going to go play CKII.

Disappointed! :(

That's what you get from pirating. Working perfectly fine for me (though monthly autosaves in Ironman mode are annoying)

That's what you get from pirating. Working perfectly fine for me (though monthly autosaves in Ironman mode are annoying)

Whose pirating? I bought it from Gamersgate and used the method described to download from Steam. :confused: I hope that wasn't directed at me?