Good to see this timeline back, with another nice chapter!

"Hmm... Apparently, there is a 4th wall here. You can lean on it and everything!"

"Well, now I have gone and made her angry."
"Yes... Angry..."

And regarding how relations between Italy and Austria may improve in the future of this timeline:
Mussolini: "Hey! Are you the one that killed Cadorna?"

Hitler: "So, you've got a problem with that?"

Mussolini: "Not at all. Thank you!"

Hitler: "What."

Mussolini: "Come on! He was Cadorna."
Agreed, nice to see this TL back in action.

Beyond pissed and vocal in their displeasure but don’t have the energy to launch a war. If Sverdlov declares war and it becomes a stalemate or doesn’t go fast enough it will hurt their economy and weaken his hold on the party and government. He would rather take the prestige blow now and set up to
Take it back when the USSR is stronger.

Well, the thing is that aside of the territorial loss, that it was gifted to a Russian/Soviet enemy that handed it to an enemy of the revolution.

I'd think that even of the news about it would be probably strictly controled/restricted by the Soviet régime. It still would be considered as massive loss of face both for the State as for Sverdlov.

Given that, I think that even if he would be willing to take his time to recover it. I think that he would feel forced to take some kind of measure both to secure his position/ensure to chose somebody high enough in the Party/Nomenklatura, to take the blame.. And about the diplomatic isolation plus this defeat/humiliation.
So, would seems that at a minimum he would feel that the Soviet Union, barring the war, wouldn't have any other option but to withdraw from the LoN.

Its back!!!
“Still got the moves!” And yes it is!
Smart decision to make, I do wonder if Sverdlov will be supporting the Korean Communists more overtly now, if only to bleed the Japanese dry?
I wouldn’t doubt it. Remember this USSR is more supportive of militant revolution elsewhere though this leaves it as a pariah for longer.
I absolutely love this!
sign me in
(Presents Sign-In sheet)
Fantastic return to form! Poor poor Lutjens, caught between a khaki-wear fascist dame and a red painted broad. This so-called Second Tsardom of Russia is bound to be interesting, everything to moving into place for Herr Hitler!

Horrible as to what’s happening in South Tyrol. I bet you that if the Wolves kill Cadorna that Il Duce will unleash the OVRA, Blackshirts, and worse of all Rodolfo Graziani (back from subjugating Libya no less) on all of South Tyrol.
Things have the potential to get very, very bad in South Tyrol. And thank you! Yes, Lutjens is going through a very thought time indeed.
Good to see this timeline back, with another nice chapter!

"Hmm... Apparently, there is a 4th wall here. You can lean on it and everything!"

"Well, now I have gone and made her angry."
"Yes... Angry..."

And regarding how relations between Italy and Austria may improve in the future of this timeline:
Mussolini: "Hey! Are you the one that killed Cadorna?"

Hitler: "So, you've got a problem with that?"

Mussolini: "Not at all. Thank you!"

Hitler: "What."

Mussolini: "Come on! He was Cadorna."
Lol, wasn’t intended but it sure worked out that way. Cadorna was so despised by his fellow field marshals/generals/soldiers that I doubt any would shed a tear.
Agreed, nice to see this TL back in action.
Thank you!
Well, the thing is that aside of the territorial loss, that it was gifted to a Russian/Soviet enemy that handed it to an enemy of the revolution.

I'd think that even of the news about it would be probably strictly controled/restricted by the Soviet régime. It still would be considered as massive loss of face both for the State as for Sverdlov.

Given that, I think that even if he would be willing to take his time to recover it. I think that he would feel forced to take some kind of measure both to secure his position/ensure to chose somebody high enough in the Party/Nomenklatura, to take the blame.. And about the diplomatic isolation plus this defeat/humiliation.
So, would seems that at a minimum he would feel that the Soviet Union, barring the war, wouldn't have any other option but to withdraw from the LoN.
This could lead to a mini-purge though not on the level of the First Great Purge just yet. That comes in the 30s. And the USSR isn’t a part of the LoN at this time.

Why risk peace over half an island most people have never even heard of.
This needs a question mark at the end instead of a full stop
“I’m sorry for the delay, Minister Matsui, but this Council has decided not to gift North Sakhalin to the Japanese Empire.”
Certified bruh moment
Hitler gave a look across his office desk at the Embassy’s First Secretary before taking a deep drink of his coffee before responding
The two "befores" could be ironed out, perhaps you could reconstruct the sentence like:
Hitler gave a look across his office desk at the Embassy's First Secretary before taking a deep drink of his coffee **and** responding
Or just a complete restructuring, your choice. Or you might even want to keep it as it is, but hmm idk am I being fussy?
“I would watch Japan burn if it were to serve my ends.”
Nero Decree intensifies
An older Italian stepped out in the uniform of an officer. It was hard to tell from the distance exactly what the man’s rank was but the Italian was older and sported a white mustache.
The usage of "older" has a number of flaws, firstly it is used twice in quick succession, secondly, its use here is incorrect since older than what? there is no reference point (though when you say the "older officer" further on in the section, it IS correct since it does have a reference point)
To make this more polished I'd say remove the first older altogether, maybe replace it with another adjective, and change the second older to 'old'
:D
carrot rather than a stick it
Will never forget back in the day when one of my 'supervisors' in school was mobbed by tens of kids, as he was beating someone... the guy was so hated and so feared, but that one moment was just 👌
E hailing he felt stress melt away.
For a second I genuinely thought 'E hailing' was some sort of twisted new salute 😂 then I realised you meant exhaling (so not 'hail' and you need an x)
All he knew about her was that was likely a prostitute of some sort and was vehemently anti-fascist after she made some scathing remarks about the Oppressor of South Tyrol, a certain Luigi Cadorna.
'All he knew about her was that she was likely a prostitute' (you forgot the she)
kneed him in the crouch
Crotch???
It was a gold-rimmed red star. On the inside were a hammer and sickle. At the top were the words: ‘Down with the Scum! Vote for the Movement of the Proletariat!’ and at the bottom read: Kommunistische Partei Deutschlands.
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LAß DER LICHT AUS FREIDEN SCHEINEN
DAß NIE EINE MUTTER MEHR
IHREN SOHN BEWEINT! IHREN SOHN BEWEINT!
(btw would appreciate greater description of the People's Red Flag, it just would have more impact, like 'a yellow-rimmed blood red star, within it a hammer and sickle intertwined, deep gold...' or something lol I'm not being fully serious)
Shall we, my overbearing British friend.
Needs question mark at end instead of dot
💀
“Let them come,” he said quietly as the men behind him started to make toasts to this historic day. “Let them try.”
A grand chess master as there ever was, really he played the world like a fiddle... undone with a single move (don't send your queen in the middle of infinite pawns) (reference to Barbarossa lol)
1. Writer's block/laziness
Comrade Sphinx is not pleased, comrade [You must serve the Proletariat, not yourself]
2. Stranger Things re-watch binge
Comrade Sphinx is not pleased, comrade [You must serve the Proletariat, not yourself]
4. Elden Ring, Rocket League and Fortnite (Zero Builds only)
5. Readying for a trip to D.C this week.
Comrade Beria was talking to an aide, and he said 'we should pack 12 suitcases with nuclear bombs and send them to every Western capital, especially Washington, and blow them all up!' his aide said, 'comrade there is a problem with that plan' 'what?' said Beria, 'we don't have enough suitcases', said the aide 💀
Dk why that reminded me of that
I think you should time skip to 1929-30 Great Depression
NO NOOOOOOO AH I AM ENJOYING THIS SO MUCH WHY WOULD YOU SKIP
ensure I’m not rushing things.
YES DON'T PLEASE NO
$6.99-$9.99
Stinkin' capitalism, distribute it for free among the world population, but seriously I genuinely think that's under-priced, I think Diary of a Wimpy Kid is like 12 dollars bruh
Once it is more polished, I would love a couple of beta readers to help Iron any flaws out that I missed (will be mentioned in the Acknowledgements).
*Rubs hands together*
I'm not sure if you've even looked at my edited version of Storm of Steel 🤣 but if you want I could do something similar with this TL?
Always happy to help,
Wonderful and explosive chapter
Keep writing 👍

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
I find your username hilarious considering you are one of the best users I know 🤣
i though of the username because in real life i tend to say stuff sometimes in a very bad way.
So, i know that at some point i might say something that to me sounds like just normal discussion, but the admins might see at first as something needing to be banned.
Thus i'm already giving my plea for mercy if it happens 😂

P.s
I've been registered for only for 2 years are you telling me i'm somehow renowned?

i though of the username because in real life i tend to say stuff sometimes in a very bad way.
So, i know that at some point i might say something that to me sounds like just normal discussion, but the admins might see at first as something needing to be banned.
Thus i'm already giving my plea for mercy if it happens 😂

P.s
I've been registered for only for 2 years are you telling me i'm somehow renowned?
No not renowned but all the posts I've seen by you are good, yk, no crap posting. Also yeah I get what you mean has happened to me before 💀

What are the odds? The day I come back from my AH hiatus one of my favorite TLs comes back too
Happy coincidence!
This needs a question mark at the end instead of a full stop

Certified bruh moment

The two "befores" could be ironed out, perhaps you could reconstruct the sentence like:
Hitler gave a look across his office desk at the Embassy's First Secretary before taking a deep drink of his coffee **and** responding
Or just a complete restructuring, your choice. Or you might even want to keep it as it is, but hmm idk am I being fussy?

Nero Decree intensifies

The usage of "older" has a number of flaws, firstly it is used twice in quick succession, secondly, its use here is incorrect since older than what? there is no reference point (though when you say the "older officer" further on in the section, it IS correct since it does have a reference point)
To make this more polished I'd say remove the first older altogether, maybe replace it with another adjective, and change the second older to 'old'
:D

Will never forget back in the day when one of my 'supervisors' in school was mobbed by tens of kids, as he was beating someone... the guy was so hated and so feared, but that one moment was just 👌

For a second I genuinely thought 'E hailing' was some sort of twisted new salute 😂 then I realised you meant exhaling (so not 'hail' and you need an x)

'All he knew about her was that she was likely a prostitute' (you forgot the she)

Crotch???

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LAß DER LICHT AUS FREIDEN SCHEINEN
DAß NIE EINE MUTTER MEHR
IHREN SOHN BEWEINT! IHREN SOHN BEWEINT!
(btw would appreciate greater description of the People's Red Flag, it just would have more impact, like 'a yellow-rimmed blood red star, within it a hammer and sickle intertwined, deep gold...' or something lol I'm not being fully serious)

Needs question mark at end instead of dot

💀

A grand chess master as there ever was, really he played the world like a fiddle... undone with a single move (don't send your queen in the middle of infinite pawns) (reference to Barbarossa lol)

Comrade Beria was talking to an aide, and he said 'we should pack 12 suitcases with nuclear bombs and send them to every Western capital, especially Washington, and blow them all up!' his aide said, 'comrade there is a problem with that plan' 'what?' said Beria, 'we don't have enough suitcases', said the aide 💀
Dk why that reminded me of that

NO NOOOOOOO AH I AM ENJOYING THIS SO MUCH WHY WOULD YOU SKIP

YES DON'T PLEASE NO

Stinkin' capitalism, distribute it for free among the world population, but seriously I genuinely think that's under-priced, I think Diary of a Wimpy Kid is like 12 dollars bruh

*Rubs hands together*
I'm not sure if you've even looked at my edited version of Storm of Steel 🤣 but if you want I could do something similar with this TL?
Always happy to help,
Wonderful and explosive chapter
Keep writing 👍
I will edit and apply these in the final draft which I'm working on right now.

As of now the Der Kampf novel is 356 pages. Still editing it so that will definitely change.

Also considering adding a Historical Note section that points out what happened in OTL and the differences in this TL. That could be messy but I figure some of the readers won't be very diehard history people so may not know what is historical or fictional, especially in the 1920s.

As I work away on the edit, I'm still conflicted on what the title for Book 1 should be.

My placeholder is 'For the Fatherland' but some have said that is too generic. I'm open to suggestions. The series title will be Der Kampf, but I'm still in need of book 1 title. I already have a WiP title for Book 2: Rogue Ambassador. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My placeholder is 'For the Fatherland' but some have said that is too generic. I'm open to suggestions. The series title will be Der Kampf, but I'm still in need of book 1 title. I already have a WiP title for Book 2: Rogue Ambassador. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Yeah that's defo too generic, no offence... I will certainly try to think of some names for you, names are really important.
Some very basic ideas that I've just come up with on the spot ( I will think about this for some time before adding some more sophisticated suggestions)
From the Ashes, a Monster Rises (Heck no what the heck that's way too long lol)
Evil's Human Face (I don't like this tbh)
Howl of the Wol(f/ves) (yeah again maybe we shouldn't overuse wolf)
Making of a Monster (Probably already a book lol)
A Desolate Horizon (hmm inferring the future?)
Evil's Salvation (Ooh I think this is the best so far, now I am going to post the message lol)
what would you say " a wolf in the sheepfold"?
Ooh I like that, but I think it might be a bit long, but no it defo sounds quite fitting... although perhaps we shouldn't absolutely milk the word 'wolf'

EDIT:
I reckon Evil's Salvation is quite good, it refers both to Hitler surviving through the war and all that AND 'evil "saving" him', in this second context "salvation" would be more referring to like "embrace" or yk, evil taking hold of him, or rather him turning to evil. It's kind of an interesting double meaning, just thought I'd point it out. I'm sure others are going to find some other meaning I didn't even intend lol

Last edited:
As I work away on the edit, I'm still conflicted on what the title for Book 1 should be.

My placeholder is 'For the Fatherland' but some have said that is too generic. I'm open to suggestions. The series title will be Der Kampf, but I'm still in need of book 1 title
Perhaps could be used this options: the making/rise of an Austrian Führer or the road to a very Austrian dictatorship...

Perhaps could be used this options: the making/rise of an Austrian Führer or the road to a very Austrian dictatorship...
Für das österreichische Vaterland
May be an Option.
Österreich, Österreich Über Allem
is also an Option but fits the WW2 Book more I guess?

Last edited:
Hey, y’all. Currently editing Book 1. I’ve finished the formatting and about 20% through the grammar. Once I’m done with this rough draft I’ll be contacting a few of y’all for beta feedback.

Work on next chapter is coming along slowly. I have the first half-ish done.

Last edited: