Also the Austrian State's invasion of Yugoslavia has a placeholder name of Fall Eisensturm (Case Iron Storm). I feel this is a very mediocre (if not terrible) name and would appreciate alternate operation titles.
Fall Wesis:Case White is the name I sggest as the alternate name of Invasion of Yugoslavia.
&how large would be WW2 in terms of duration and geographical spread?

Last edited:
Corpses and ruins, where hope and fear were but fuel to lay a foundation of totalitarianism.
Beautiful sentence :)
Communism… communism was the cure, a vaccine, and like some vaccines there were side effects.
Would you have written this if Covid had never happened?
He had too
He had "to" not "too"
new toothbrush mustache on full display
IT HAS BEGUN ! By the way, on full display kind of makes it sound like he is a model or something
The Wolves
Why do the bad guys always get the cool nicknames?? Makes it so hard to pick a side...
One man had blood covering his trousers which he grimaced at and tried to wipe it off with one of the dead men's coats but proceeded to smear it further across his legs, much to the man’s poorly concealed frustration.
Can you change this? Its as if blood is ketchup to this guy
“They were our enemy. Whether we fight them today, tomorrow or in twenty years, it doesn’t matter. Better they die now then be faced in the future when we may not have the element of surprise.”
Can't argue with you there, dude bro (Did I just call Hitler dude bro?????)
“Ummm,” Anej said
Ummmmm..... maybe change the "ummmm" Just doesnt fit well
It came and passed.

“Damn it,” Mlakar cursed. He looked at Hitler who seemed more annoyed than furious. “We’ll have to go with the original plan-”

A distant pop could be heard from behind
This seems like a movie scene (bad movie), can you just remove the part where the flare happens slightly later? Its useless suspense with seconds of difference between flare going up
It sailed into the air, right between the closing gate door and the stone wall and exploded.
Seems like an unrealistic movie scene
, it was good to have them better than to not.
Grammar mistake: ",it was better to have them than to not"

hauled Olbrecht uo.
"up" not "uo"
nothing remained in Mestni Park but the dead
Brilliant sentence, but not quite right
Austrian State’s collapse
: ( awwww I was kind of clinging to some sort of hope Austria could avoid collapse, maybe a coup against Hitler
forced the German-Austrians to return to the pre-April 29th ceasefire lines
That is such a BRUH moment
Also the Austrian State's invasion of Yugoslavia has a placeholder name of Fall Eisensturm (Case Iron Storm). I feel this is a very mediocre (if not terrible) name and would appreciate alternate operation titles.
Hmmmm, here are some alternatives:
Operation/Case Doom ---- Fall Doom
Operation/Case Phoenix ----- Fall Phoenix
Operation/Case Prestige ----- Fall Prestige
Operation/Case Firestorm ----- Fall Feuersturm
Operation/Case Silver Fox (An OTL operation but ig that doesnt happen ITTL) ------ Fall Silberfuchs
Operation/Case Snake ------ Fall Schlange
Operation/Case Silver ------ Fall Silber
Operation/Case Sabre---- Fall Säbel

Sorry for the bad Operation names im not very good at that, but those are what I could come up with. Also could you get "Hyenas" into this timeline
somehow? Be it a tank, plane or individual, please have something named after Hyenas, they are JUST my favourite animal with the wolf a close second.

By the way, your right quite a clunky chapter but still brilliant! Thank you!

Fall Nebel (Case Mist)(personally I favor this one. Might be literal if the Austrians use gas or smoke shells in battle)
Fall Blut (Case Blood)
Unternehmen Stirnschlag (Operation hit to the forehead. Although now it means stroke (as in a medical stroke. Dont know if tge word was already used for it then)
Unternehmen Himmelsturz (Operation fall from sky) (I suppose you could also use it for a paratrooper mission in the campaign, if there is one)
Fall Wut (Case Fury)
Fall Weiss (Case White)
Fall Sieg (Case Victory)

Last edited:
I wonder if this daring, but successful prisoners rescue and more importantly, its symbolic importance for the new State Regimen would lead, both in the future, new Austrian Sozinat Army to inspire them to develop something similar to the OTL Iconic 'No man left behind'. And/or that it'd to be developing a kind of mentality that would make natural to them to incorporate to their Party/military service oaths, in a formula similar to the OTL, (IMO) a key part of the Americans Rangers creed: “I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy.”
Also, perhaps, this would lead them to be even more adepts/enthusiast to the commands/infiltration tactics than OTL...

Last edited:
The number of Slavic names among the Wolfs, and the apparent sympathy between Hitler and the Slovenes, is certainly shaping up to form a very different set of atrocities ITTL.

Looking forward to seeing just how different. Good chapter.

Historiography in this universe is certainly interesting
People would talk for decades about how the "Hero of Hill 53 and Defender of Carinthia" became a monster more so than making memes about he staying at art school
True. Plenty of paths for Hitler to go on. Many would wonder what would have happened had he died during Marburg. He would have been a martyr but the NLF wasn’t as far right or militant as the ÖSNVP will become.
For sure.
On the ITTL equivalent of AH.com, people will making timelines about 'where Hitler went wrong'. Him becoming German would be a common POD aimed towards making a better world. Talk about irony.
Incredibly ironic. People in-universe couldn’t imagine the horrors Sozinat Austria will commit, let alone fathom the genocidal scale of Nazi Germany. The Sozinats are just as evil, but Austria does not conquer Europe to the scale Germany does.
Excellent work.

Well, he's not wrong.

I would like to add that it was so economically destitute, that it later had it's obligation to pay war reparations cancelled, at least in OTL
Thank you. I saw your comment before the servers reset. Appreciate it. Crazy that Bulgaria had it canceled. Curious to see how much Austria had to pay. I vaguely remember looking it up but can’t remember it now. Austria’s weak economy will be a breeding ground for extremism.
In Hungary, will Hitler rely on the conservative-authoritarian regime of Horthy and co or will he ally with the Arrow Cross Party?
Horthy and Hitler would not see eye to eye on many matters. The Arrow Cross Party and the Sozinats would see eye to eye on many matters.
Or maybe he becoming a general instead of a politician, just like people like to imagine Rommel fixing Nazi Germany IOTL post-Valkyrie
I could see a lot of ASB threads asking about stuff like him being ISOTed to WWI or getting the control of the army much earlier
First Sergeant is about as good as he could do. Now if he stayed in the Army he may have risen to a higher NCO rank and gone career. He would int have gone officer since he doesn’t have the education, wealth or aristocratic breeding to rise in the ranks. Sozinat Austria military will actually be a meritocracy rather than being aristocratic blue blood dominated.
Fall Wesis:Case White is the name I sggest as the alternate name of Invasion of Yugoslavia.
&how large would be WW2 in terms of duration and geographical spread?
Good name. The war will widespread, maybe not to the degree as OTL, but it will cover areas not affected by OTL WW2 while some regions affected by OTL WW2 will be spared.
No .Horthy was monarchist. Hitler hated monarchies. He would ally with the arrow cross party in my eyes.
Very true.
Beautiful sentence :)

Would you have written this if Covid had never happened?

He had "to" not "too"

IT HAS BEGUN ! By the way, on full display kind of makes it sound like he is a model or something

Why do the bad guys always get the cool nicknames?? Makes it so hard to pick a side...

Can you change this? Its as if blood is ketchup to this guy

Can't argue with you there, dude bro (Did I just call Hitler dude bro?????)

Ummmmm..... maybe change the "ummmm" Just doesnt fit well

This seems like a movie scene (bad movie), can you just remove the part where the flare happens slightly later? Its useless suspense with seconds of difference between flare going up

Seems like an unrealistic movie scene

Grammar mistake: ",it was better to have them than to not"

"up" not "uo"

Brilliant sentence, but not quite right

: ( awwww I was kind of clinging to some sort of hope Austria could avoid collapse, maybe a coup against Hitler

That is such a BRUH moment

Hmmmm, here are some alternatives:
Operation/Case Doom ---- Fall Doom
Operation/Case Phoenix ----- Fall Phoenix
Operation/Case Prestige ----- Fall Prestige
Operation/Case Firestorm ----- Fall Feuersturm
Operation/Case Silver Fox (An OTL operation but ig that doesnt happen ITTL) ------ Fall Silberfuchs
Operation/Case Snake ------ Fall Schlange
Operation/Case Silver ------ Fall Silber
Operation/Case Sabre---- Fall Säbel

Sorry for the bad Operation names im not very good at that, but those are what I could come up with. Also could you get "Hyenas" into this timeline
somehow? Be it a tank, plane or individual, please have something named after Hyenas, they are JUST my favourite animal with the wolf a close second.

By the way, your right quite a clunky chapter but still brilliant! Thank you!
Thank you. This is the third time I’ve tried to respond due to server issues so the two long responses I gave you are gone. Appreciate the feedback.
Maybe a lost soldier gets killed by a hyena in East African campaign!
Possibly could happen.
Fall Nebel (Case Mist)(personally I favor this one. Might be literal if the Austrians use gas or smoke shells in battle)
Fall Blut (Case Blood)
Unternehmen Stirnschlag (Operation hit to the forehead. Although now it means stroke (as in a medical stroke. Dont know if tge word was already used for it then)
Unternehmen Himmelsturz (Operation fall from sky) (I suppose you could also use it for a paratrooper mission in the campaign, if there is one)
Fall Wut (Case Fury)
Fall Weiss (Case White)
Fall Sieg (Case Victory)
I really like Fall Nebel.
I wonder if this daring, but successful prisoners rescue and more importantly, its symbolic importance for the new State Regimen would lead, both in the future, new Austrian Sozinat Army to inspire them to develop something similar to the OTL Iconic 'No man left behind'. And/or that it'd to be developing a kind of mentality that would make natural to them to incorporate to their Party/military service oaths, in a formula similar to the OTL, (IMO) a key part of the Americans Rangers creed: “I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy.”
Also, perhaps, this would lead them to be even more adepts/enthusiast to the commands/infiltration tactics than OTL...
Otto Skorzeny and his commandos will be used quite frequently I’m sure.

The number of Slavic names among the Wolfs, and the apparent sympathy between Hitler and the Slovenes, is certainly shaping up to form a very different set of atrocities ITTL.

Looking forward to seeing just how different. Good chapter.
The Slavic names I’ve used so far (Bolek and the very long one in the most recent chapter) were actually OTL Nazis.

Now since Slavs are seen as Aryans here this gives them a bit more acceptance in Sozinat Austria and it’s territory. Now Hitler still believes Germans/Austrians and Nordic people are S-Tier Aryans but Slavs are “lesser Aryans” that need to be guided and influenced by their “betters.”

Last edited:
The Slavic names I’ve used so far (Bolek and the very long one in the most recent chapter) were actually OTL Nazis.
>Borodajkewycz

"How do you do, fellow Germans?"

At least Erich von dem Bach-Zelewski had enough shame to change his name. How the heck does a Ukrainian-Galician get mixed up in German ultranationalism?

I’m more curious how the Asian theatre will turn out like? Will it be similar to OTL where it is Hilter accepting Japan again, recognizes China as an allies (which Germany did to a certain point in OTL where they were selling them weapons) or just no caring about the Asian front all too much?

cover areas not affected by OTL WW2
How? Not a single part of europe was spared of fighting so there cannot be areas not affected by otl ww2. Unless something happens in Iberia, Sweden or Ireland,(highly unlikely),or Turkey, I think it will mostly cover areas that that had seen combat in OTL.

Last edited:
I’m more curious how the Asian theatre will turn out like? Will it be similar to OTL where it is Hilter accepting Japan again, recognizes China as an allies (which Germany did to a certain point in OTL where they were selling them weapons) or just no caring about the Asian front all too much?
I imagine Germany will continue its pro-Chinese policy without Hitler. Hitler favored Japan and supposedly admired its martial culture. He even called them the Aryans of the east.

The war will widespread, maybe not to the degree as OTL, but it will cover areas not affected by OTL WW2 while some regions affected by OTL WW2 will be spared.
How? Not a single part of europe was spared of fighting so there cannot be areas not affected by otl ww2. Unless something happens in Iberia, Sweden or Ireland,(highly unlikely),I think it will mostly cover areas that that had seen combat in OTL.
Aside of Spain the only that I can though that d be involved, that OTL, wasn't would be Turkey and perhaps, ITTL Belgium, Holland, Denmark and Finland that could be spared from to be invaded/involved in the war...

dcharles

Banned
One of the best writers on the forum, without a doubt.

The writing is good enough that I actually want to read about the characters.

That's pretty rare for something that was just posted for free in a forum. No offense to anyone, but in most timelines, I'm just skimming the narrative portions so I can figure out what's happening with the *alternate history.* Here, the alternate history really fades into the background. Of course, I'm interested in that, and the unknown parts of it create a measure of suspense for the story. But at this point, I'm really more interested in the story than the alternate history. That part's just a cool bonus.

Don't know how much of it you've got written, but when you finish and do a couple revisions, you might want to send it off to a literary agent. It's a cool premise, and the fact that it's a Hitler-based AH gives it a little bit of a high-concept dimension. Seems like it could be something that has a potential audience that's bigger than what you could get here. (Or with a vanity publisher like SeaLion)

Thank you. This is the third time I’ve tried to respond due to server issues so the two long responses I gave you are gone. Appreciate the feedback.
Man, I wish you hadnt said that.... now Im REALLY curious to know what the long responses were... its driving me insane!
thank you for your great work! : )

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
Thank you. I saw your comment before the servers reset. Appreciate it. Crazy that Bulgaria had it canceled. Curious to see how much Austria had to pay. I vaguely remember looking it up but can’t remember it now. Austria’s weak economy will be a breeding ground for extremism.
Yeah, consider although that Bulgaria despite the "small" territorial losses was economically destroyed as they lost :
  • the fertile lands of dobruja to Romania, which roughly produced 1/3 of the country food
  • the tobacco field gained from the Balkan war, near the Aegean sea
  • access to the Aegean sea and thus forced to pay the Turks fro access to the Bosporus.
  • almost full demilitarization with a standing army limited to 20K ( considering that during the Balkan wars had an army of half a million and in ww1 reached the peak of conscripting almost a million men, a quarter of the male population)
  • to pay reparations of £100 million
  • take all the Bulgarians living in Greece
also on Wikipedia there's this:

Article 48​

Article 48 of the Treaty requires the Allied powers to ensure guaranteed economic outlet of Bulgaria to the Aegean sea, which obligation was never fulfilled, thus making the treaty and subsequent transfer of Western Thrace to the kingdom of Greece de Jure invalid.

Considering that Bulgaria de facto never lost a single battle for it's whole participation of the war, except for the final vardar entente offensive( consider also that Bulgaria was heavily suffering of famine and low supplies), The morale of the countries went so down it reached hell.
Between famine, no economic growth, the Spanish fever, the government more unstable than the french one there is no surprise the debt was removed out of mercy/piety.

I
I think Germany will ally with Kuomintang due to this line:
"With the outbreak of war between the United Kingdom and the Japanese Empire, I advise we remain steadfast and monitor the situation. Our friends in the Kuomintang are eager for more advisors, machine tools and heavy equipment in the joint efforts to modernize their country and military. It is my belief, Herr Generalfeldmarschall, that we should provide these to ensure they do not fall victim to Japanese aggression, or worse, the Communists. Please relay my suggestions to the Chancellor at your earliest convenience."
-Lieutenant General Alexander von Falkenhausen, advisor to Chiang Kai-shek, 1940.
Alexander Von Falkenhausen was German and is probably working for German Empire in TTL as he says to relay his a suggestions to "Chancellor". As Hitler would be a "Führer", I think Austria would side with Japanese and Germany with China.