Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Still no Co-Emperor mechanic sigh
To be fair, that's probably a complicated addition to make to CKII where it's essentially one title one holder and co-emperors don't really work that way.

That said, remains to be seen how exactly the new Imperial succession impacts the titles of Sebastokrator and Caesar. For all we know, it could do the trick.
Plus, as said, Elective laws are no longer hardcoded and are moddable. So, I guess modders could try their luck to do their best to simulate a co-emperor.
Not a fan of having to land my commanders and my children. This is the opposite of a centralized government. Feudal commanders should be restricted to landed characters, certainly not Byzantine commanders. Can you even land an eunuch?
Remember that Byzantium starts with Viceroyalties allowed. And if I'm not wrong, Byzantine Commanders were also often Regional Commanders as well as Landlords. So in other words, having them as in-game Viceroys might do the trick as the title then revert back to the Emperor.

Not saying it's a perfect fit but there are certainly ways to make it work.

From what I gather Sebastokrator and Caesar at the least gives voting power, so granting them to someone that supports themselves as the heir would make them more likely to inherit.

Remember that Byzantium starts with Viceroyalties allowed. And if I'm not wrong, Byzantine Commanders were also often Regional Commanders as well as Landlords. So in other words, having them as in-game Viceroys might do the trick as the title then revert back to the Emperor.
I’d be fine with that if viceroys didn’t need counties, but unfortunately they do.

And im still here sniffing glur with my turkish succession.
Fun thing to anyone who does not know playing with all woman rights as a muslim is fucking weird. You can inherit but im not sure you can marry matrinally (cant figure out how to spell 2am) and u cant have mulitple husbands, but the husband still takes mulitple wives.

Also fuck demons, started a game as custom ruler of Seville 1080 going to unite Andalusia, did im the best 4th fourth daughter is some witch/demon starts killing my sons custom character so my game ended with one character as i had historical women law on.

I've a problem with multiplayer, namely that nobody can join the server and we all recieve a "Game State is corrupted".
I'm playing CK II on a Linux OS, my friend on a Windows 7.
We uninstalled/reinstalled the game, purged old saves, tried to register games both on Paradox forum and their site (we systematically got "An error occurred when trying to load your games. Please try again later." doing just that, and with some chance only two DLC showing up and not the main game).

Does someone have an idea?

I've a problem with multiplayer, namely that nobody can join the server and we all recieve a "Game State is corrupted".
I'm playing CK II on a Linux OS, my friend on a Windows 7.
We uninstalled/reinstalled the game, purged old saves, tried to register games both on Paradox forum and their site (we systematically got "An error occurred when trying to load your games. Please try again later." doing just that, and with some chance only two DLC showing up and not the main game).

Does someone have an idea?
U playing with mods?

I just realized something about the new Byzantium rules, what happens if you wind up with a sibling as heir to the Imperial Throne who has no land, BUT you have children who will inherit your entire demesne?

Now I guess Constantinople could automatically go to the new Emperor, but now you've got an Imperial ruler with a single county, and a very pissed off high-ranking claimant with the rest of the 'Imperial Lands', and the rest of Byzantium to contend with as well... And all you have is a single county to draw from directly.

I think the AI alone would struggle to deal with the endless revots and opportunistic invasions, much less the players.

I just realized something about the new Byzantium rules, what happens if you wind up with a sibling as heir to the Imperial Throne who has no land, BUT you have children who will inherit your entire demesne?

Now I guess Constantinople could automatically go to the new Emperor, but now you've got an Imperial ruler with a single county, and a very pissed off high-ranking claimant with the rest of the 'Imperial Lands', and the rest of Byzantium to contend with as well... And all you have is a single county to draw from directly.

I think the AI alone would struggle to deal with the endless revots and opportunistic invasions, much less the players.
At a guess your dynastic heir inherits everything.

Fun thing to anyone who does not know playing with all woman rights as a muslim is fucking weird. You can inherit but im not sure you can marry matrinally (cant figure out how to spell 2am) and u cant have mulitple husbands, but the husband still takes mulitple wives.

Also fuck demons, started a game as custom ruler of Seville 1080 going to unite Andalusia, did im the best 4th fourth daughter is some witch/demon starts killing my sons custom character so my game ended with one character as i had historical women law on.
Just turn off supernatural events. keep in mind that even minor events like chess with death will be disabled ( which is positive since most of the time you just die).

Feature Breakdwon Trailer:

Of notice is something we have yet to get a Dev Diary on: there are now Baptism events for Christians.

I turn off supernatural events for precisely that reason.

I actually don't mind Agnatic Open as a succession. When I'm playing as a Muslim I just end up tightly controlling my dynasty as much as I possibly can - I don't marry off my non-inheriting sons if I can help it, and if I do, I don't land them. I just keep one count-level vassal with land in my demesne that I can plot-revoke and give to my best kid.

When I'm playing as a Muslim I just end up tightly controlling my dynasty as much as I possibly can - I don't marry off my non-inheriting sons if I can help it, and if I do, I don't land them. I just keep one count-level vassal with land in my demesne that I can plot-revoke and give to my best kid.
i wanna feel like a true muslim was back in the day when i could murder my siblings and sons without any penalty, i really feel like they should make it acceptable for muslims to kill family with kinslaying and negative penalties, i also want my wife to murder me, or my mother to replace we with a better son.

Last edited:
okay after the new dlc what should the devs focus on next? of course my answer would be rework the muslims (pls they stale and need some love that only many wives can bring). But what does everyone else think? I feel like weather should be something europe suffered heavily from flooding, bad winters, famine. Also late game top teir rulers most of the fun is building up to it then nothing i feel like it needs more development when your the top dog.

okay after the new dlc what should the devs focus on next? of course my answer would be rework the muslims (pls they stale and need some love that only many wives can bring). But what does everyone else think? I feel like weather should be something europe suffered heavily from flooding, bad winters, famine. Also late game top teir rulers most of the fun is building up to it then nothing i feel like it needs more development when your the top dog.
Stronger Peasant Rebellions, and your soldiers can desert and join them?