Cobain Continues Redone: A Kurt Cobain Survives Timeline

(Basically, we focus now on Nirvana's part in Vote for Change, the inspiration to do Americaca in 2005, and Springbok's various projects in the interim. For example, while also doing the announced movies and shows, this is when the idea to create an animated limited series on HBO of Titan AE comes together, ten episodes, two hours each, to be ready by 2007. I for example want to discuss how to flesh out the story and casting for that.)

(I already have some very definite ideas in mind for the cast of the HBO limited series version of Titan AE: Nathan Fillion as Cale, Patrick Swayze as Korso, Gwendoline Yeo as Akima, Dana Snyder as Preed, Winona Ryder as Stith, Jeff Goldblum as Gune, and Ron Perlman reprising the role as Professor Sam Tucker; as well as new events and characters voiced by the likes of Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Tom Hanks, Viola Davis, Ken Watanabe and William Fichtner. I'm also eager to hear opinions on what kind of story MidKnight should be.)

July 7, 2004-During a meeting Springbok has with Walt Disney Imagineering, various notable historians like Doris Kearns Goodwin and Stephen Ambrose, and documentarian Ken Burns, are on standby to contribute. Burns offers to create a special documentary to be incorporated in a ride film. "How about making something that's like an interactive version of my documentaries? Play out like Horizons did at Epcot?" The idea is taken very seriously, with the intent to make it the premiere E-ticket attraction and the linchpin of the entire park.

July 9, 2004-Former Enron CEO Kenneth Lay is indicted and enters a not guilty plea. In the years since Enron's collapse, the Justice Department has been working overtime in its pursuit of holding the key figures accountable. Many former executives, after initially vowing to fight in court, ended up pleading guilty, most notably former CFO Andrew Fastow, Fastow's key lieutenants Michael Kopper and Ben Glisan, former Enron North America trader Timothy Belden (for his role in aggravating the 2000 California energy crisis and raking in money over the citizens' pain), and former Enron Broadband head Kenneth Rice (for pushing an image of a business focused on trading bandwidth capacity and rolling out streaming video in a glitch-free and affordable manner that wasn't even close to coming true), With the exception of Glisan, all the above will testify against other defendants in trials, in addition to all of them disgorging ill-gotten financial gains and serving prison sentences no longer than ten years. Lay and former COO (and short-lived replacement CEO) Jeffrey Skilling, who was indicted and entered his own not guilty plea back in February, still intend to seek vindication in trial, and push the blame for the crisis squarely on the shoulders of Fastow and the financial press for "triggering a run on the bank."

July 11, 2004-Disney CEO Michael Eisner announces two key developments. Firstly, former key Miramax executive Meryl Poster is now being named the chair of Walt Disney Studios. "Meryl has proven herself quite formidable and talented in her own regard, and she was the only person who could buck trends at Miramax and not suffer for it. Her instincts are very much welcomed, and we expect her to lead the studio for many, many years to come." Interim studio chair Dick Cook, who was named to the post after the resignation of Peter Schneider, will be her right-hand man. The other announcement is confirmation of what had long been rumored. Eisner announces that he will leave The Walt Disney Company in 2008, at which time Bob Iger will succeed him as CEO. "Bob has shown that he has what it takes to get the job done, and he's definitely been proven to be effective in a crisis situation. In my remaining years here at Disney, I will naturally be giving Bob more and more power, little by little, while working to get my creativity on overdrive. I know that the next few years will be important for The Walt Disney Company, and I'm going to ensure it's done right."

Last edited:
July 14, 2004-Springbok announces two major TV projects in the works, one as an immediate priority, and another as a more long term goal. Next year, Springbok will officially bring a new original series to Adult Swim, entitled Squidbillies. As a repayment of gratitude to Unknown Hinson for his assistance with Dixie Dope, the show, which will focus on the titular characters and their lifestyle in rural Georgia, is built with him in mind to play the main character, family patriarch Early Cuyler. At the same time, work has also begun on the long-considered reboot of Titan AE, which will premiere as a limited series on HBO sometime in 2007, ten episodes of two hours each.

July 17, 2004-The Rock the Vote show at the UMB Bank Pavilion (formerly Riverport Amphitheater) in Maryland Heights, Missouri, is filmed and recorded for a live release, with each artist's set being released as separate installments by their respective labels.

July 18, 2004-As the news comes out about torture of prisoners of war in the Abu Ghraib detention facility, President Bush's ratings drop to around 46 percent, and Senator Kerry's chances gain momentum.

July 23, 2004-President Bush's campaign releases an ad touting his supposed success in the War on Terror, especially boasting about routing the Taliban and deposing Saddam Hussein. Many compare it to his father's "fight against the wimp factor."

(The tour finishes by early August, then the move goes to consolidate Springbok, especially with Batman Begins and the TV projects, like The Devil's Advocate anthology series. Meanwhile, Nirvana comes to the decision that Americaca will be straight punk, compared to the hybrid sound of its predecessor)