Cobain Continues Redone: A Kurt Cobain Survives Timeline

(The big question is how you feel that Donald Cobain's suit should go. Obviously, he loses in the end, but what's the outcome. Does Meserau's move to dismiss work? Is it settled out of court? Or does it go all the way to trial?)

(The big question is how you feel that Donald Cobain's suit should go. Obviously, he loses in the end, but what's the outcome. Does Meserau's move to dismiss work? Is it settled out of court? Or does it go all the way to trial?)
(Based on some of the likely behaviour, I think it should be settled in trial)

(I was definitely leaning among those lines, but I wanted to know what the feeling of everyone else was. So I guess one of the main running themes of 2004 is the Vote for Change tour, with the trial alongside it)

May 20, 2004-Meserau's motion to dismiss is denied, as expected. When facing the press outside, Donald Cobain is fiercely defiant. "Nothing will make me settle out of court, and I'm going to pursue this to the end."

May 23, 2004-The artists connected to Vote for Change begin final rehearsals in New Jersey to prep for the Giants Stadium opening date. Reporters waiting nearby ambush Cobain to get him to comment about the lawsuit, but he brushes them aside.

(No, Kurt didn't do anything during the sessions Brian Wilson did to finish the album, he was just there to help keep an eye on the Dixie Dope sessions. But there can easily be a collaboration later on, like with No Pier Pressure or The Disney Album, as well as Springbok assisting in the production of Love and Mercy.)

May 25, 2004-The initial date of the Vote for Change Tour is a rousing success. Crowds far and wide come to see this festival-style show, and there already are reports of a surge in voter registration.

May 28, 2004-On the same day that the tour heads to Madison Square Garden, the date for the trial is set to June 17, and the judge allows that Cobain can participate and testify via affidavit and video.

June 3, 2004-Wendy O'Connor makes a statement about the trial during an interview by CBS News. "I've known Don for a long time, and I never thought that he'd become this petty and vindictive. We've always had our problems with each other, and always will, but the fact that he is targeting the children as part of it? It's just beyond the pale for me. Truly, I have never thought less of him than I do now."

June 8, 2004-A group of Nirvana fans picket outside of Donald Cobain's home, angrily protesting. Most of the signs and chants revolve around the children, saying "don't separate a family." It causes enough unrest that the elder Cobain tries to get law enforcement to scatter them. In the days between here and the trial, fans continue to bombard him with angry letters denouncing his actions, and vowing to keep up the protest outside the court through the entire trial.

June 12, 2004-Theron makes her one statement about the trial during an interview for a story about Springbok's upcoming projects. "All I can say is that I know Don has never liked me, and he certainly has a great deal of resentment. All I hope is that the matter is settled as quickly and as fairly as possible."