Tenth Republican Debate
rawImage.jpg

Date: February 25, 2016

Place: University of Houston in Houston, Texas

Host: CNN

Moderator: Wolf Blitzer

Podium order based on the candidates' standing in the polls:

CRUZ RUBIO HASLAM
Rubio: "My point, Senator Cruz, is that you have been consistently lying about my record to try and boost your own standing in the polls..."

Cruz: "Senator Rubio, what I do is not lie, I tell the truth. The American people have the right to know everything you have consistently lied about throughout this campaign. Furthermore, I..."

Haslam: "Were you being truthful when you stated that Ben Carson dropped out during the Iowa Primary to try and sneak more votes?"

Cruz: "That was not me specifically, Governor. It was my campaign, more specifically, it was some people in my campaign that did that, not me. I would never try and sneak votes..."

Rubio: "I'm starting to see why you're so down in the polls."

[...]

Haslam: "My record in Tennessee as Governor has been one of the best in job growth across the Nation, Senator Cruz. When you lie and attack my record just to get votes without actually giving the facts is just scandalous against anyone..."

Cruz: "Governor, I have not lied about your record. There have been numerous reports that you discussed with several people that you planned to give Pilot Flying J advantages that would take out other trucking companies in your state. Also, the labor force of Tennessee has shrunk greatly since you became Governor..."

Haslam: "That may be true, but did you know the real facts? Yes, from January 2011 to the current month, 24,758 less people were in the Labor Force, but did you know that during that time, 124,987 people were employed. During that time, Our unemployed citizens decreased by 149,745. Finally, our unemployment rate decreased by 4.8%. This is the record, Senator Cruz. Don't attack something that you have not looked at completely and understood."

APPLAUSE

[...]

Rubio: "Governor, while your Big Moral Diplomacy idea is interesting and curious, it simply won't work."

Haslam: "Really, Senator? How will it not work? I have noticed that the Armenian Genocide has not been an issue here despite Turkey feverishly denying responsibility for it. We can't let something like that continue. We have to..."

Rubio: "Turkey is a critical ally in the Middle East. Your idea is honorable but we currently can't afford something like it as it would drive Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and other allies of ours either away from us or into the Russian sphere. We can't afford that."

Haslam: "Would Russia really be able to exert such influence across the world in the way you suggest if..."

Rubio: "They're currently doing it right now to President Obama."

Haslam: "Senator, do not compare to me to President Obama. He is a coward. I am my own man and I have my own ideas. This is not to mention that President Obama only put sanctions on Russia instead of doing things like arm anti-Russian forces in Ukraine and not withdraw troops from Iraq. Under a Haslam presidency, Russia will no longer be a threat and will be so crippled that they won't be able to threaten NATO for future generations to come. I will implement my Big Moral Diplomacy idea and if our allies align with Russia, they will get punished as well. Any ally of Russia is an enemy of the United States and due to that they will have to deal with any punishments that may indeed happen from their positions. That is what Big Moral Diplomacy is about."

APPLAUSE

Who won the Debate?
Haslam: 49%
Rubio: 31%
Cruz: 19%
Unsure: 1%

South Carolina Democratic Primary
2016 SOUTH CAROLINA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY COVERAGE BY CNN

CNN ELECTION THEME:

02272016%2BAC%2Bin%2BDC%2Bfor%2BDem%2BSC%2Bprimary.JPG

Blitzer: "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Wolf Blitzer in the CNN Election Center. Welcome to the coverage of the 2016 South Carolina Democratic primary. It's 8 PM EST and currently, as Joe Biden leads in the early counties, we have Exit polls and it is extremely close between Biden and Clinton tonight."

South Carolina Democratic Primary Exit Polls (59 Delegates):

Biden: 37-43%
Clinton:36-42%
Sanders: 12-20%

8:30 PM
Blitzer: "It's 8:30 pm EST and Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton fights for dominance in South Carolina's center counties."

South Carolina Democratic Primary (25% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Biden: 35.44%
Clinton: 34.67%
Sanders: 29.78%

9:00 PM
Blitzer: "It's 9:00 PM EST and Clinton takes a brief lead as she as the African American Vote in a majority goes to her, though there are some voting for Biden due to his connections with President Obama."

South Carolina Democratic Primary (50% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Clinton: 37.31%
Biden: 36.18%
Sanders: 26.51%

9:30 PM
Blitzer: "It is currently 9:30 PM and Biden has regained the lead as he take some of the southern counties. It is still close between him and Clinton, however."

South Carolina Democratic Primary (75% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Biden: 39.41%
Clinton: 38.16%
Sanders: 22.43%

10:00 PM
Blitzer: "It is 10 PM EST and we can project that Vice President Biden will win the South Carolina Democratic Primary with 42.39% of the vote to Hillary Clinton's 41.98% and Bernie Sanders' 15.63%. This means Biden will get 29 Delegates while Hillary Clinton will get 28 delegates and Sanders will get 2 Delegates."

South Carolina Democratic Primary (100% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Biden: 42.39% (29 Delegates)
Clinton: 41.98% (28 Delegates)
Sanders: 15.63% (2 Delegates)

1200px-Official_portrait_of_Vice_President_Joe_Biden.jpg

JOE BIDEN WINS 2016 SOUTH CAROLINA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
Blitzer: "While Biden wins tonight, Clinton keeps her campaign alive as she finishes a very close just like how she did in Nevada against Senator Sanders. If she can do well on Super Tuesday, she might be a front-runner once again. Thank you for watching tonight's coverage ladies and gentlemen. We hope you tune in to watch the results on Super Tuesday in 3 days. Thank you and goodnight."

PARTY PRIMARY DELEGATE COUNTS:

REPUBLICANS:

genusmap.php

Bill Haslam - 60 Delegates
Marco Rubio - 51 Delegates
Ted Cruz - 9 Delegates
Donald Trump - 7 Delegates
Jeb Bush - 1 Delegate
John Kasich - 1 Delegate
Ben Carson - 1 Delegate
Rick Santourum - 1 Delegate
Mike Huckabee - 1 Delegate
Carly Fiorina - 1 Delegate

DEMOCRATS:

genusmap.php

Bernie Sanders - 75 Delegates
Hillary Clinton - 59 Delegates
Joe Biden - 47 Delegates
Martin O'Malley - 1 Delegate

Haslam Schedule ahead of Super Tuesday
February 27th

- Flight to Little Rock, Arkansas

- Breakfast with the voters at the Starbuck's facility in Little Rock, AR

- Town-hall meeting at the Arkansas Art Center in Little Rock, AR

- Foreign policy speech at the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History in Little Rock, AR

- Speech at the Mosaics Templars Cultural Center in Little Rock, AR

- Speech ahead of the William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park in Little Rock, AR, where Haslam slams Hillary Clinton's for her dishonesty and her weak foreign policy. Haslam also highlighted the fact that he is the Republican candidate most likely to beat Hillary Clinton, referring to the polls. In fact he said:

I am the one candidate that Hillary Clinton doesn't want to face. But I'm sorry to tell you, Secretary Clinton, that you will have to face me.

- Bus trip to Fort Smith, AR

- Veteran policy speech at the Spirit of the American Doughboy in Fort Smith, AR

- Health care policy speech in Fort Smith, AR

- Bus trip to Fayetteville, AR

- Meet with college voters at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, AR

- Barnstorm in Fayetteville, AR

- Barnstorm in Hope, AR

- Barnstorm in Bettonville, AR

- Economic policy speech at Walmart headquarters in Bettonville, AR

- Fundraising event at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bettonville, AR

- Flight to Richmond, Virginia

February 28th

- Speech at Virginia state capitol in Richmond, VA

- Meet with Voters at St. John's Church in Richmond, VA

- Rally at The Valentine in Richmond, VA

- Fundraiser at Libby Hill Park in Richmond, VA

- Bus trip to Alexandria, VA

- Dinner with voters at Brabo in Alexandria, VA

- Speech at Green Spring Garden in Alexandria, VA

- Flight to Austin, Texas

- Speech at Austin Nature and Science Center

- Meet with Voters at Austin Zoo

- Rally at Zilker Metropolitan Park where Governor Haslams attacks Senator Cruz. This is a small part of his speech:

"If Ted Cruz becomes the Nominee, The Republican Party, The Conservative movement, and the Moderates in the party will be overtaken by a Man who has lied and has not given the real facts some analysis portraying himself as the icon of Conservatism. But there is a reason why he is one of the most disliked politicians in America. Unlike Cruz, have a real record of getting things done and unlike Cruz, I don't throw false information around."

- Flight to Montpelier, Vermont

February 28, 2016

- Barnstorm in Montpelier, VT

- Barnstorm in South Burlington, VT

- Speech at the Church Street Marketplace in Burlington, VT

- Meet with college voters at the University of Vermont in Burlington, VT

- Rally at Battery Park in Burlington, VT

- Speech at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul in Burlington, VT

- Flight to Boston, Massachusetts

- Energy policy speech at Museum of Science in Boston, MA

- Speech at the Bunker Hill Monument in Boston, MA

- Rally at Boston HarborIslands National Recreation Area in Boston, MA

- Fundraising event at King's Chapel in Boston, MA

- Speech at Old North Church in Boston, MA

- Freedom of religion policy speech at the Old South Church in Boston, MA

- Free trade policy speech at the Port of Boston in Boston, MA

- Energy policy speech at General Electric Company headquarters in Boston, MA

- Economic policy speech at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston, MA

- Speech in front of the statue of George Washington at Boston Public Garden in Boston, MA:

Boston represents a great symbol of America's values : freedom, democracy, justice and integrity. In 1774, just before the American Revolution, Boston became the birthplace of America's fight for economic freedom, for free enterprise and against government intrusion in the economy. By cutting taxes for all the American people as well as for business owners, we will stop our companies' offshoring and make sure our future business owners will decide that America is the best place in the world to open a new business, which will increase their capacity of innovating, expanding, producing and hiring. Free trade will make our companies more competitive in the world economy by reducing the cost of trading, getting us more international consumers and bringing innovation, which will pursue further job creation here in the United States.

Boston also represents a symbol of America's independence and freedom after our fight against the British Empire's colonial oppression. Today, our freedom is threatened again, but this time by terrorism. Just like they did here in Boston in 2013, terrorists recently attacked us in Garland and San Bernardino. But by increasing defense spending, reinforcing our security measures, reinforcing and modernizing our military and working with our allies, we will defeat international terrorism and all the tyrannical regimes supporting terrorism for the sake of international security, justice and freedom, thus saving innocent lives.

- Bus trip to Salem, MA

- Speech at the Salem Witch Village in Salem, MA

- Bus Trip to Cambridge, MA

- Economic policy speech at Charles Riverboat Company in Cambridge, MA

- Speech at Minnesota John Harvard Statue in Cambridge, MA

- Meet with voters at MIT Museum in Cambridge, MA

- Agriculture policy speech in Hingham, MA

- Speech at the Old Ship Church in Hingham, MA

- Flight to Minneapolis, Minnesota

February 29, 2016

- Energy policy speech at Xcel Energy Inc. headquarters in Minneapolis, MN

- Speech at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, MN

- Rally at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN

- Fundraising event at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN

- Speech at Christ Church Lutheran in Minneapolis, MN

- Bus trip to Saint Paul, MN

- Speech at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, MN

- Economic policy speech at Ford Twin Cities assembly plant in Saint Paul, MN

- Speech at Minnesota Museum of American Art in Saint Paul, MN

- Meet with college voters at St. Catherine University in Saint Paul, MN

- Agriculture policy speech before the Corn water tower in Rochester, MN

- Speech at the Chateau Theatre in Rochester, MN

- Flight to Richmond, Virginia

- Fundraising breakfast at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Virginia

- Speech at the St. John's Episcopal Church in Richmond, Virginia

- Innovation policy speech at the Science Museum of Virginia in Richmond, VA

- Meet with college voters at the University of Richmond in Richmond, VA

- Foreign policy speech at the USS Wisconsin battleship museum in Norfolk, VA

- Defense policy speech at Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk, VA

- Speech at Nauticus in Norfolk, VA

- Economic policy speech at Dominion Enterprises headquarters in Norfolk, VA

- Fundraising event at the Harrison Opera House in Norfolk, VA

- Meet with college voters at Norfolk State University in Norfolk, VA, in an effort to attract African-American voters

- Speech in front of the MacArthur Statue in Norfolk, VA, about Rubio's record on reforming the VA and improving veterans' living conditions

- Rally at Harbor Park in Norfolk, VA

- Counterterrorism policy speech at Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach, VA

- Rally at Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater at Virginia Beach in Virginia Beach, VA

- Economic policy speech at Lynnhaven Mall in Virginia Beach, VA

- Foreign policy speech at Naval Auxiliary Landing Field Fentress in Chesapeake, VA

- Infrastructure policy speech in Chesapeake, VA

- Education system reform policy speech in Chesapeake, VA

March 1, 2016

- Speech at the Naval Shipyard Museum in Portsmouth, VA

- Speech at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Portsmouth, VA

- Foreign policy and free trade policy speech at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, VA

- Defense policy speech at Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima Memorial) in Arlington, VA

- VA policy speech at Memorial Amphitheater in Arlington, VA

- Speech at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, VA

- National defense and security policy and foreign policy speech ahead of the Pentagon in Arlington, VA

- Barnstorm in Arlington, VA

- Speech at the Alexandria Library in Alexandria, VA

- Speech at the George Washington Masonic National Memorial in Alexandria, VA

- Bus trip to Richmond, VA

- Barnstorm in Richmond, VA

- Rally with supporters at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA, to watch the development of the Super Tuesday results

Super Tuesday PT I (Alabama, Vermont, Massachusetts)
2016 SUPER TUESDAY COVERAGE BY CNN

CNN ELECTION THEME:

wolf-anderson.jpg

Blitzer: "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Wolf Blitzer in the CNN Election Center. Welcome to the coverage of Super Tuesday 2016. It's 6:30 PM and we have the current exit polls from Alabama for the Democrats and Republicans. It looks like it'll be an easy Haslam win but will be a contest between Clinton and Biden."

Alabama Republican Primary Exit Polls (50 Delegates):

Haslam: 45-57%
Rubio: 27-33%
Cruz: 12-21%

Alabama Democratic Primary Exit Polls (60 Delegates):

Biden: 37-44%
Clinton: 35-42%
Sanders: 12-17%

7:00 PM
Blitzer: "It's 7 pm and we can project that Bill Haslam leads in Alabama after sweeping this state's northern counties."

Alabama Republican Primary (25% Reporting) [50 Delegates]:

Haslam: 45.33%
Rubio: 32.31%
Cruz: 22.36%
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, Biden and Clinton are fighting with Biden currently in the lead in the Northern counties."

Alabama Democratic Primary (25% Reporting) [60 Delegates]:

Biden: 38.23%
Clinton: 37.70%
Sanders: 24.07%

7:15 PM
Blitzer: "It's 7:15 pm and we can project that Bill Haslam wins in Montgomery. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are battling for second place in Alabama though Haslam may be crossing pass the 50% vote marker, which gives him every delegate automatically."

Alabama Republican Primary (50% Reporting) [50 Delegates]:

Haslam: 48.12%
Rubio: 30.05%
Cruz: 21.83%

Blitzer: "Biden maintains his lead though it's barely as Clinton carries Montgomery."

Alabama Democratic Primary (50% Reporting) [60 Delegates]:

Biden: 39.42%
Clinton: 38.99%
Sanders: 21.59%

7:30 PM

Blitzer: "It's 7:30 pm and we can see that Bill Haslam sweeps all Alabama's counties as he goes over the 50% vote marker, meaning that if this continues, he wins every delegate."

Alabama Republican Primary (75% Reporting) [50 Delegates]:

Haslam: 50.32%
Rubio: 29.61%
Cruz: 20.07%
Blitzer: "Clinton wins a handful of Alabama's counties, giving her enough to take the lead from Biden but only barely."

Alabama Democratic Primary (75% Reporting) [60 Delegates]:

Clinton: 41.32%
Biden: 40.16%
Sanders: 18.52%

7:45 PM
Blitzer: "It's 7:45 PM EST and we can now project that Bill Haslam wins Alabama with 54.32% of the vote and with that, he triggers the winner-take all idea and has all 50 Delegates. Alabama goes to Haslam, a Big win for him tonight."

Alabama Republican Primary (100% Reporting) [50 Delegates]:

Haslam: 54.32% (50 Delegates)
Rubio: 29.61%
Cruz: 20.07%

1508531541686.jpg

BILL HASLAM WINS ALABAMA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY
Blitzer: "Joe Biden has barely won the Alabama Primary against Hillary Clinton with 42.21% of the vote to Clinton's 42.19% with Biden winning 30 Delegates while Hillary Clinton wins 29 Delegates and Sanders, who finished last with 15.60% of the vote, gets 1 Delegate."

Alabama Democratic Primary (100% Reporting) [60 Delegates]:

Biden: 42.21% (30 Delegates)
Clinton: 42.19% (29 Delegates)
Sanders: 15.60% (1 Delegate)

1200px-Official_portrait_of_Vice_President_Joe_Biden.jpg

JOE BIDEN WINS ALABAMA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
Blitzer: "One state called tonight and Haslam does well while Biden struggles. Now, we have Exit Polls from Vermont and originally, early polls showed that Rubio would win Handedly, but now Haslam is projected to be within two points or even win the primary. At the same time, Senator Sanders is easily expected to win the state handedly."

Vermont Republican Primary Exit Polls (16 Delegates):

Rubio: 38-43%
Haslam: 37-45%
Cruz: 13-20%

Vermont Democratic Primary Exit Polls (26 Delegates):

Sanders: 67-73%
Clinton: 27-33%
Biden: 19-22%

8:00 PM
Blitzer: "We can project that Marco Rubio leads Bill Haslam by 4 percentage points. It might be very close between both of them with Haslam having a small chance of winning here."

Vermont Republican Primary (25% Reporting) [16 Delegates]:

Rubio: 42.21%
Haslam: 38.34%
Cruz: 19.45%
Blitzer: "On the Democratic side, Bernie Sanders unsurprisingly leads in his home state of Vermont."

Vermont Democratic Primary (25% Reporting) [26 Delegates]:

Sanders: 68.12%
Clinton: 21.87%
Biden: 10.01%

8:15 PM
Blitzer: "It's 8:15 pm and Bill Haslam is quickly tying up with Marco Rubio in Vermont after winning most of Vermont's center counties, including Montpelier, the capital of Vermont."

Vermont Republican Primary (50% Reporting) [16 Delegates]:

Rubio: 44.56%
Haslam: 42.78%
Cruz: 12.66%
Blitzer: "At the same time, Senator Sanders is crushing Clinton and Biden as he hits past 70% in his home state."

Vermont Democratic Primary (50% Reporting) [26 Delegates]:

Sanders: 71.27%
Clinton: 15.14%
Biden: 13.61%

8:30 PM
Blitzer: "It's 8:30 PM and Haslam is within a point against Rubio as he (Haslam) takes the western counties of Vermont and Chittenden county."

Vermont Republican Primary (75% Reporting) [16 Delegates]:

Rubio: 45.08%
Haslam: 44.94%
Cruz: 9.98%
Blitzer: "At the same time, Bernie Sanders hits 76% as he continues to dominate Vermont against his opponents."

Vermont Democratic Primary (75% Reporting) [26 Delegates]:

Sanders: 76.86%
Clinton: 12.43%
Biden: 10.71%

8:45 PM
Blitzer: "It's 8:45 PM and in a big surprise, Vermont is a tie percentage wise as Both Haslam and Rubio are declared the apparent winners of the Vermont Primary for the Republicans with Rubio only winning by 27 votes. This is a big surprise and it shows how much support Haslam has."

Vermont Republican Primary (100% Reporting) [16 Delegates]:

Rubio: 45.45% (8 Delegates)
Haslam: 45.45% (8 Delegates)
Cruz: 9.10%

1508531541686.jpg
1200px-Senator_Rubio_official_portrait.jpg

BILL HASLAM AND MARCO RUBIO WINS VERMONT REPUBLICAN PRIMARY
Blitzer: "When it comes to the Democrats, with no surprise, Bernie Sanders wins very big in his home state of Vermont."

Vermont Democratic Primary (100% Reporting) [26 Delegates]:

Sanders: 84.32% (26 Delegates)
Clinton: 9.21%
Biden: 6.47%

220px-Bernie_Sanders.jpg

BERNIE SANDERS WINS VERMONT DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
Blitzer: "We are now getting exit polls from the state of Massachusetts and Rubio and Haslam are facing a very close fight there while for the Democrats, Senator Sanders opens up with a massive lead."

Massachusetts Republican Primary Exit Polls (42 Delegates):

Rubio: 39-41%
Haslam: 38-41%
Cruz: 11-16%

Massachusetts Democratic Primary Exit Polls (115 Delegates):

Sanders: 53-61%
Clinton: 15-29%
Biden: 12-24%

9:00 PM
Blitzer: "It's 9:00 PM EST and Marco Rubio sweeps half of Massachusetts' western counties, though Haslam wins the city of Springfield."

Massachusetts Republican Primary (25% Reporting) [42 Delegates]:

Rubio: 43.51%
Haslam: 40.34%
Cruz: 16.15%
Blitzer: "At the same time, Bernie dominates in said counties, though Clinton has a chance of catching up. Bernie Sanders could benefit from Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren's influence and her message similar to the one the self-described socialist is adopting."

Massachusetts Democratic Primary (25% Reporting) [115 Delegates]:

Sanders: 52.33%
Clinton: 30.37%
Biden: 17.30%

9:15 PM
Blitzer: "It's 9:15 PM and Haslam and Rubio continue to fight as Suffolk county (Boston's location) goes to Haslam where he's earns the support of college graduate voters, notably connected to the Harvard University."

Massachusetts Republican Primary (50% Reporting) [42 Delegates]:

Rubio: 45.64%
Haslam: 43.92%
Cruz: 10.44%
Blitzer: "At the Same time, Clintons begins to close the gap as she wins Suffolk county but it is doubtful that she wins here tonight."

Massachusetts Democratic Primary (50% Reporting) [115 Delegates]:

Sanders: 47.16%
Clinton: 40.69%
Biden: 12.15%

9:30 PM

Blitzer: "It's 9:30 PM EST and Haslam wins some of Massachusetts northern counties though most go to Rubio."

Massachusetts Republican Primary (75% Reporting) [42 Delegates]:

Rubio: 47.23%
Haslam: 46.99%
Cruz: 5.78%

Blitzer: "Hillary Clinton is closing in on Bernie as she is now behind him by 3 points though with the massive gap she had to make up, it's doubtful she will be able to take the lead."

Massachusetts Democratic Primary (75% Reporting) [115 Delegates]:

Sanders: 46.02%
Clinton: 43.94%
Biden: 10.04%

9:45 PM

Blitzer: "It's 9:45 PM EST and we can project that in the closest Primary in it's history, just like in Vermont, Marco Rubio will win in Massachusetts by a hundredth of a point and carries 22 Delegates with it, though Haslam is close behind him."

Massachusetts Republican Primary (100% Reporting) [42 Delegates]:

Rubio: 47.45% (22 Delegates)
Haslam: 47.44% (20 Delegates)
Cruz: 5.11%

1200px-Senator_Rubio_official_portrait.jpg

MARCO RUBIO WINS MASSACHUSETTS REPUBLICAN PRIMARY
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, Bernie wins with a .4 lead over Hillary Clinton, making this race almost as close as it was for the Republicans."

Massachusetts Democratic Primary (100% Reporting) [115 Delegates]:

Sanders: 45.23% (59 Delegates)
Clinton: 45.19% (56 Delegates)
Biden: 9.58%

220px-Bernie_Sanders.jpg

BERNIE SANDERS WINS MASSACHUSETTS DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
Blitzer: "Interesting results so far. What do you think Cooper and what are your thoughts John?"

Cooper: "Tonight is going well for Bernie on the Democratic side. Already, he has won 86 Delegates tonight compared to Clinton's 85 and Biden's 30. If he continues to dominate tonight we could see a Bernie wave to the nomination as when we add that to his total, he's at 161. Clinton is at 144 and Biden is at 77. If Bernie continues to get big delegate wins tonight, Biden may have to leave early as he is doing really poorly so far in the primary."

King: "For the Republicans, tonight really belongs to Haslam. He's already won 78 Delegates to Rubio's 30. We add that to Haslam's total and he's at 138. Not to mention that we still have to call Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Virginia, which will most likely give a majority of their delegates to Haslam as well. Virginia seemed close after Nevada but Haslam has pretty much ended any chances for Rubio to win it in the past few days. We add Haslam's current delegates won and he's at 138 while Rubio is at 81 Delegates. For Cruz, unless he wins really big in Texas tonight, which seems unlikely, he's in real danger."

Blitzer: "Thanks for that Analysis. Stay tuned for more results as Super Tuesday will continue after this break."

2016 SUPER TUESDAY COVERAGE BY CNN

CNN ELECTION THEME:

wolf-anderson.jpg

Blitzer: "It's 9 :30 pm and we can project exit polls from the state of Virginia and we can see Haslam winning big while for the Democrats Biden is barely Leading Clinton."

Virginia Republican Primary Exit Polls (49 Delegates):

Haslam: 46%-57%
Rubio: 32-41%

Cruz: 16-24%

Virginia Democratic Primary Exit Polls (108 Delegates):

Biden: 37-45%
Clinton: 36-43%
Sanders: 16-19%

10:00 PM
Blitzer: "It is 9:45 PM EST and Haslam is crushing Rubio as the first counties come in."

Virginia Republican Primary (25% Reporting) [49 Delegates]:

Haslam: 43.71%
Rubio: 34.26%
Cruz: 22.03%
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, Biden is barely beating Clinton in the early counties."

Virginia Democratic Primary (25% Reporting) [108 Delegates]:

Biden: 41.36%
Clinton: 40.21%
Sanders: 18.43%

10:15 PM

Blitzer: "It's 10:15 PM EST and we can project that Bill Haslam sweeps most of Virginia's northern counties. In fact, he wins all the counties bordering Washington D.C. and Maryland. He also dominates in the center counties, including in the Richmond city county (Richmond's location)."

Virginia Republican Primary (50% Reporting) [49 Delegates]:

Haslam: 47.43%
Rubio: 39.31%
Cruz: 13.26%
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, Biden sweeps a majority of Virginia's southeastern counties though Clinton has a handful."

Virginia Democratic Primary (50% Reporting) [108 Delegates]:

Biden: 44.66%
Clinton: 42.91%
Sanders: 12.43%

10:30 PM

Blitzer: "It's 10:30 PM and while Marco Rubio wins some of Virginia's southern counties, Haslam does the same for southeastern counties, including in Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Chesapeake."

Virginia Republican Primary (75% Reporting) [49 Delegates]:

Haslam: 51.06%
Rubio: 36.88%
Cruz: 12.06%

Blitzer: "In the Democratic Column, Clinton is fighting tooth and nail with Biden as she gets closer to beating him."

Virginia Democratic Primary (75% Reporting) [108 Delegates]:

Biden: 47.09%
Clinton: 46.99%
Sanders: 5.92%

10:45 PM

Blitzer: "It's 10:45 PM EST and we can now project that Bill Haslam wins Virginia with 53.48% of the vote and thus, just like in Alabama, he wins every delegate due to him getting over 50% of the vote. Marco Rubio gets 31.23% of the vote and Cruz gets 15.29% of the vote."

Virginia Republican Primary (100% Reporting) [49 Delegates]:

Haslam: 53.48% (49 Delegates)
Rubio: 31.23%
Cruz: 15.29%

1508531541686.jpg

BILL HASLAM WINS VIRGINIA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, It's a close win but Biden wins with 48.92% of the vote to Hillary Clinton's 47.61% of the vote and Bernie's 3.47% of the vote. This means that Biden will win 55 of the state's delegates while Clinton wins 53."

Virginia Democratic Primary (100% Reporting) [108 Delegates]:

Biden: 48.92% (55 Delegates)
Clinton: 47.61% (53 Delegates)
Sanders: 3.47%
Blitzer: "Now let's turn to Georgia and current exit polls show Haslam defeating Rubio while we also see Biden defeating Clinton handedly."

Georgia Republican Primary Exit Polls (76 Delegates):

Haslam: 43-48%
Rubio: 36-39%
Cruz: 20-25%

Georgia Democratic Primary Exit Polls (117 Delegates):

Biden: 37-47%
Clinton: 36-45%
Sanders: 12-19%

11:00 PM
Blitzer: "It's 11 PM EST and we can see for the Republicans Haslam is making a massive lead as he wins the counties bordering his home state of Tennessee and North Carolina. A win here is crucial, especially a big one, because this state borders Florida and if he wins here, he can quickly knock Marco Rubio out of the race by converting his big victory in Georgia to a big win there. For the Democrats, We see Joe Biden with a big early lead as he wins in the Northern counties."

Georgia Republican Primary (25% Reporting) [76 Delegates]:

Haslam: 46.71%
Rubio: 34.33%
Cruz: 18.96%

Georgia Democratic Primary (25% Reporting) [117 Delegates]:

Biden: 41.32%
Clinton: 36.75%
Sanders: 21.93%

11:15 PM
Blitzer: "It's 11:15 PM EST and for the Republicans, Bill Haslam wins the Fulton county (Atlanta's location) as well as all the neighboring counties. For the Democrats, Hillary Clinton begins to catch up as she wins in Fulton county as well as some of the neighboring counties."

Georgia Republican Primary (50% Reporting) [76 Delegates]:

Haslam: 48.19%
Rubio: 32.17%
Cruz: 19.64%

Georgia Democratic Primary (50% Reporting) [117 Delegates]:

Biden: 44.41%
Clinton: 39.09%
Sanders: 16.50%

11:30 PM
Blitzer: "It's 11:30 PM EST and for the Republicans, Bill Haslam continues to gain over Rubio as he wins the Peach State's center counties and in Muscogee county (Columbus' location) and shows even greater dominance in the eastern counties. For the Democrats, Hillary Clinton has taken a narrow lead as wins in the mentioned counties, though it's doubtful that she'll keep that lead for long."

Georgia Republican Primary (75% Reporting) [76 Delegates]:

Haslam: 50.12%
Rubio: 37.54%
Cruz: 11.34%

Georgia Democratic Primary (75% Reporting) [117 Delegates]:

Clinton: 46.72%
Biden: 45.19%
Sanders: 8.09%

11:45 PM

Blitzer: "It's 11:45 PM EST and we can project that Bill Haslam wins the Georgia Republican Primary with 48.16% of the vote while Marco Rubio has 40.89% of the vote and ted cruz has 10.95% of the vote. Rubio just barely prevented Haslam from triggering another 50% all delegate victory here and thus gets 2 delegates because of this. For the Democrats, Hillary Clinton, she is projected to win with 49.36% of the vote to Joe Biden's 48.99% of the vote and Bernie Sanders' 1.65% of the vote. Because of this, Clinton gets 62 Delegates and Biden gets 55 Delegates."

Georgia Republican Primary (100% Reporting) [76 Delegates]:

Haslam: 48.16% [74 Delegates]
Rubio: 40.89% [2 Delegates]
Cruz: 10.95%

1508531541686.jpg

BILL HASLAM WINS GEORGIA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Georgia Democratic Primary (100% Reporting) [117 Delegates]:

Clinton: 49.36% [62 Delegates]
Biden: 48.99% [55 Delegates]
Sanders: 1.65%

Hillary_Clinton_official_Secretary_of_State_portrait_crop.jpg

HILLARY CLINTON WINS GEORGIA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Blitzer: "We can now go over to Minnesota and we can see Sanders dominating Biden and Clinton for the Democrats while for the Republicans, Rubio is holding his own against Haslam."

Minnesota Republican Caucuses (50% Reporting) [38 Delegates]:

Rubio: 43.54%
Haslam: 34.31%

Cruz: 22.15%

Minnesota Democratic Caucus (50% Reporting) [93 Delegates]:

Sanders: 45.61%

Biden: 31.92%
Clinton: 22.47%

12:15 AM
Blitzer: "It's 12:15 AM EST and we can project that Marco Rubio wins the Minnesota Republican Caucuses with 46.76% of the vote against Haslam's 39.13% of the vote and Cruz's 14.11% of the vote. Rubio will get 22 Delegates and Haslam will get 16 Delegates. For the Democrats, Bernie Sanders wins with 52.34% of the vote to Biden's 35.44% of the vote and Clinton's 12.22%. Triggering the 50% rule, Sanders wins all 93 Delegates in Minnesota."

Minnesota Republican Caucuses (100% Reporting) [38 Delegates]:

Rubio: 46.76% [22 Delegates]
Haslam: 39.13% [16 Delegates]
Cruz: 14.11%

220px-Marco_Rubio,_Official_Portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg

MARCO RUBIO WINS MINNESOTA REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Minnesota Democratic Caucus (100% Reporting) [93 Delegates]:

Sanders: 52.34% [93 Delegates]
Biden: 35.44%
Clinton: 12.22%

220px-Bernie_Sanders.jpg

BERNIE SANDERS WINS DEMOCRATIC MINNESOTA CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Three more states being called. John, Anderson, what do you think about these results?"

Cooper: "We look at the Democrats, Bernie has won 179 Delegates, Clinton has won 200 Delegates, and Bide has won 140 Delegates tonight. If we add that to the delegate totals, this is what we get:

Bernie - 254 Delegates

Hillary - 259 Delegates

Biden - 187 Delegates

All in all, it's a good night for both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders."

King: "For the Republicans, it's pretty clear where they stand. Haslam has won 217 Delegates tonight, Rubio has won 54 Delegates and Cruz hasn't taken a single delegate. We add that to the totals and it's not looking good for Rubio or Cruz.

Haslam - 277 Delegates

Rubio - 105 Delegates

Cruz - 9 Delegates

Tonight is really great for Haslam and very bad for Cruz. If Cruz doesn't win Texas, he might as well drop out tonight."

Blitzer: "Thank you for that analysis. Stay tuned for more results as Super Tuesday will continue after this break."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.